Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help (with dismemberment)

Page: 1 of 1
 bouche123
12-09-2004, 12:36 PM
I am trying to use Starfire's dismemberment mod, but when I goto the mods section in the menu it doesn't show up. I put the pk3 file in the "program files/lucasarts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Academy/GameData/base" directory. I tried to use the Open jedi project mod and the program couldn't find it either.
 razorace
12-09-2004, 3:15 PM
ok, to have it appear in the mod menu, you have to have the .pk3 and the description.txt in a seperate folder in the gameData folder.

For example, OJP Basic could be placed in gameData/ojp_basic and it should work.

Placing a .pk3 into the /base causes it to be loaded every single time you run the game. You don't normally want that for gameplay mods but you might want that for models and maps.
 Neverhoodian
12-09-2004, 3:28 PM
razorace is right, mods in the base folder will automatically activate when you start up the game. Actually, this is one of the few instances where you want this particular mod to be in the base folder, as it's a relatively simple mod that doesn't change that much.

A simple way to tell if it works is to play some Single Player levels (the mod doesn't work in MP) and slash through a bunch of stormtroopers or mercenaries. If some of them lose a head/leg/torso, then the mod is working fine. Sometimes the simple mods are the best. :D
 TK-425
12-09-2004, 3:43 PM
OJP has the best dismemberment. You need to extract it into Game Data.
 bouche123
12-10-2004, 4:18 AM
Thanks for the help. I haven't really used any of the mods before, but when you are playing a game about Jedi you have to have a certain amount dismemberment going on. Thanks again.
 TK-425
12-11-2004, 2:20 AM
Originally posted by bouche123
...when you are playing a game about Jedi you have to have a certain amount dismemberment going on...

If you disagree with that, your crazy!
Page: 1 of 1