Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Error!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Winduwt105
12-08-2004, 4:31 PM
Whenever i start Kotor it is okay but then when i create a new game and hit the play button after creating my character an error message pops up first it was a dwwin.exe error but then i took the mods i had in the override file out and the one that pops up now is something about swkotor.exe would not initialize or something like that.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-08-2004, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by Winduwt105
Whenever i start Kotor it is okay but then when i create a new game and hit the play button after creating my character an error message pops up first it was a dwwin.exe error but then i took the mods i had in the override file out and the one that pops up now is something about swkotor.exe would not initialize or something like that.
"dwwin.exe" is Dr Watson which is used by the error reporting tool. Alot of security related applications will throw up warning flags about this file trying to read, write or modify a number of other .exe files. This isn't anything to worry about because it's only trying to investigate "events" that it believes is causing problems that may lead to crashing.

File can be found:
*:\windows\system32\dwwin.exe

The biggest complaint about the error reporting service is it causing alot of various applications to not load or crash during use. Quite a few of these can be fixed by downloading updates from windows update and scanning for viruses/spyware but alot of others simply won't be fixed with the currently available updates. In that case you'll want to just disable the service! After that 90% of the time the program will then run properly. - source (http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=69010)
Concerning initializing, Do/did you have mods installed that placed files in your modules folder as well (new areas, new planets, etc.)? If so, those files could be trying to call up a file in the override (that's no longer there). You'll need to remove those files as well. That 'might' be the problem.

May want to do a fresh install of KotOR, after updating and scanning your system (otherwise you may get the dwwin error again).

Hopefully that helps, but keep us updated :)
 Winduwt105
12-09-2004, 2:06 AM
yes i do have a file in the module folder and will take it out then report back if i have any other problems.
Page: 1 of 1