Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Real-time fighting mod?

Page: 1 of 1
 Aurora_Boreas
12-07-2004, 6:56 PM
Hello, im wondering if there ever was an attempt to make a real-time fight mod for Kotor instead of the present turn-based one. Or is it even possible to do? Me and a buddy of mine discussed this and wondered if it ether existed, and if not if its even possible. Thank you!
 EnderWiggin
12-07-2004, 9:10 PM
Welcome to the forums! :D
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe this is hardcoded, and cannot be changed.

_EW_
 FunSolo
12-07-2004, 9:17 PM
well its turnbased, cause the whole game is based around the D20 rules.
and theres no way out of that.
i think not even the sequel of this game will be moddable that way.

so all you could do is kill the options for pausing the game every turn ;)
 Darkkender
12-08-2004, 6:21 AM
well after looking through alot of the scripts between last night and this morning it might be possible but you would really have to know what your doing and would have to add a whole lot more scripting to make it work.

But truth be told I wouldn't pursue it as that would detract from the basis of the entire game system if they want this to be a FPS/Real Time shoot them up game they would never have brought the SW RPG crowd into there universe which is where a bulk of there sales have gone to is those that enjoy the d20 system.(Ironically the bulk of the modders are unfamiliar with PNP RPG's) Also any good CRPG (computer RPG) will have turnbased combat and not RealTime Action.
 Darth333
12-08-2004, 7:38 AM
Sorry but that's impossible.
 Aurora_Boreas
12-08-2004, 10:01 AM
That's all I need to know then, thank you!

I'm a fan of the RPG, but more of the Deus Ex/Morrowind flavor, so I was just wondering if this game could be modded to my liking. Oh well, thanks again!
Page: 1 of 1