Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sheet Music ?

Page: 1 of 1
 L.E.N.A.
12-05-2004, 3:57 AM
Hi! I'm Lena & I'm new here! But enough about me...
Does anybody know where can a Grim freakin' fan find some original sheet music from the game?
/I tried everything...Maybe you old members have an idea?/
 Tall Guy
12-05-2004, 4:40 AM
i'm sure there used to be a site on the network that delt with game music, i dont know if its still around though. you might try searching through these forums because the matter has been talked about before now...

it seems the search facility on the forums is disabled, you'll have to do it manually.
 James Isaac
12-05-2004, 6:24 AM
 L.E.N.A.
12-05-2004, 7:57 AM
thank's for your helpful hints guys, but I'm still not satisfied..If you get some new info about those music sheets, please let me know!:)
 James Isaac
12-05-2004, 7:59 AM
What's wrong with mine? I gave you sheet music :p.

(Even more direct link: http://imuse.mixnmojo.com/media/Sheet/max.shtml). Or were you looking for more music than just one song or guitar music or something?
 L.E.N.A.
12-05-2004, 8:09 AM
No,no, you got it all wrong! Your iMuse site is great,but it has only one song, and I need every single one! That's right, you can call me Peter McConnell fan rather than Grim's.:)
 James Isaac
12-05-2004, 8:14 AM
OK then :). I don't think that any of the other songs have had sheet music released, so it's going to be kind of hard finding them :P. But Alia (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=81056) managed to create some remakes of Grim Fandango songs, so you could ask her how she managed to do that. Maybe she found some sheet music, or is just a really talented musician.
 L.E.N.A.
12-06-2004, 2:03 AM
What is that supposed to mean? Well, if you must know, I'm a talented musician as well, and I did the same thing as she...But original sheets are...well, original! :cool:

And hey! I saw that new developing game of yours...it seems quite interesting! That new design of the character is great! Just keep it that way.
 James Isaac
12-06-2004, 6:36 AM
What is that supposed to mean? Well, if you must know, I'm a talented musician as well, and I did the same thing as she...But original sheets are...well, original!

Oh ok. I'm pretty sure that the origional sheet music hasn't been released (if it had, it would either be on iMuse site or the GFN. And, my last pots wasn't meant to be an insult by the way ;)

And hey! I saw that new developing game of yours...it seems quite interesting! That new design of the character is great! Just keep it that way.

Alia
12-07-2004, 7:26 AM
It's very exciting to find another musician interested in Grim Fandango music! I am not very talented at all, so I'm very interested in the work of those who are. Erm, what do you play?

I did release rather accurate transcriptions of the Sanspoof theme (http://www.grimfandango.net/files/misc/sanspoof.pdf) and She Sailed Away (http://www.grimfandango.net/files/misc/shesailedaway.pdf), arranged for piano. But I am a miserable pianist, and can barely play them myself. I'm working on others, but I've got a hellishly busy schedule. As soon as I improve, I want to transcribe all that swingy jazz stuff and subsequently take over the world.

I would really love to see/hear your work. Because, you know, everybody with secret GF sheet music needs to share.
 L.E.N.A.
12-08-2004, 12:27 PM
well Alia, I'm not sure I understand - you wrote the notes, but you aren't good enough to play? Or you didn't wrote those sheets yourself? Anyways, my case is 'vice-versa' - I play, but don't write (I can read notes though, but I simply don't have enough time for writing - faculty is getting more and more hard every day!:(
Hey, I like your idea about taking over the world...;) And one more thing - you should know that there is always at least one more person with the same goal...

And now, a technical question for everyone - how the hell can I set up my avatar??
 VampireNaomi
12-08-2004, 8:17 PM
Originally posted by L.E.N.A.

And now, a technical question for everyone - how the hell can I set up my avatar??

Oh, I had the exactly same problem when I came here. You have to go to your control panel, then to "Edit Options". At the bottom you will see the avatar option. If you have your own pic just click "change avatar" and you will be taken to the place that allows you to load your own pic.
 Membrillo
12-12-2004, 2:47 PM
Well well, it's been a very long time since I've been here. (Please correct me, I'm German and just try my best ;)) I also asked for music sheets some time ago. I guess it was last year or so. :D

There is a "piano only" version of "Gambling Glottis" (I think it's in year 2 and Glottis sits at the piano in Manny's cafe), I found it in Kazaa a long time ago. Well, I'm tryin to make a transcription of this track to piano so I could play it. The melody of the left hand is quite easy but I don't get the main melody on the right hand. I play it like this: c d c f f g g f
Of course that's an easy version but the "c" is wrong. But when I play "cis" it's also wrong. It must be some kind of tone between c and cis but that's impossible. I can't help me anymore. Does anyone know what the hell I do wrong?

edit/ by the way: In my view, this piano version is one of the greatest jazz melodies I ever heard. It's just perfect. :)

edit2/ There might be a way to get ALL sheets: Contacting Peter McConnell, he's the composer of the Grim Fandango music. I think that won't be impossible. Maybe I should try, what do you think?
 James Isaac
12-12-2004, 9:09 PM
Do you know how to contact Peter McConnell? If you do, that would be a good idea :)
 Membrillo
12-13-2004, 8:44 AM
Originally posted by James Isaac
Do you know how to contact Peter McConnell? If you do, that would be a good idea :)

Good question. A year (or two :D) ago I tried to get some information about him and I found an interview. I think there was an email adress or so. I'll use google and inform you when I got some news. :)
 Alia
12-13-2004, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by Membrillo
The melody of the left hand is quite easy but I don't get the main melody on the right hand. I play it like this: c d c f f g g f
Of course that's an easy version but the "c" is wrong. But when I play "cis" it's also wrong. It must be some kind of tone between c and cis but that's impossible. I can't help me anymore. Does anyone know what the hell I do wrong?

I only had the OST Gambling Glottis, so I did the intro from that for you. Clicky (http://www.kindofwonderful.com/gf/ggintro.pdf).

And then I got home from work and found the track you're talking about on the LucasArts Soundtrack. It'd be fun to do the whole thing...

EDIT: Oh yeah, you might want to play the bassline an octave lower than I wrote it. Silly me.
 Membrillo
12-13-2004, 8:49 AM
Funny, it took me just a few minutes to find Peter's Page: http://www.petermc.com/)

I'll sent him a mail and then we'll see. :)
 L.E.N.A.
12-13-2004, 1:14 PM
don't you dare not to tell if you find anything!:mad:
Page: 1 of 1