Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jumping

Page: 1 of 1
 Rockstar
12-01-2004, 3:19 PM
Hi Everybody,

Can somebody here please tell me how to turn force jump off in 'no force' 'duals'? I may be an odd man out here, but does any one here ever get really tired of trying to have a good saber dual, but can't because your opponent is jumping like a cricket?? This, i believe is the source of 'hit and run' style duals which are so commonly complained about due to the fact they far from represent the great light saber fights in SP mode and in the movies:

Step 1) both players red stance; Step 2) both keep moving foward then jumping afar and swinging till one finally ends up hitting; Step 3) repeat step 2 until one jedi's hp runs out

lol

Please tell me how to disable force jump if you can :) thanks. Also, does any body here agree? disagree? with what i'm saying? i haven't seen a good old fassion friendly jedi debate on here for a while :D
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-01-2004, 3:39 PM
You can't change the settings on a server unless you have admin powers on that server.

The type of server you are describing (all guns disabled, all Force powers except Jump\Saber Offense-Defense disabled) is probably the most common type. For the reasons you stated, I also think it is the most boring type of gameplay. It's too bad that this very limited, disabled type of gaming is the most common or only type of play that many or most Jedi Academy players ever experience.

For some real fun and excitement, download ForceMod III or Movie Battles II mod, or at least try Capture the Flag or Siege. Or maybe full Force dueling.
 Sam Fisher
12-01-2004, 7:22 PM
You use staff or dual sabers.

Duh.

No really, a lot of the people just use red and wiggle/spin until they hit you, and some actually play good.

Personally I just go to a no admin modded FFA and kill bots.

Its more entertaining than going to a server with JA+ on it and everyone cries "lamer!" when you try and play, and then you get grip-kicked/admin punished into oblivion.
Page: 1 of 1