Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Retexturing

Page: 1 of 1
 epikon
11-27-2004, 8:10 AM
Ok i want to know how to retexutre some sith armor in the game. I have seen the tutorial but thats just changing the color by changing the value of something. I want to know how to extract the tga (or what ever the format is) so i can completly retexture using a paint program, thanks in advance.
 Mono_Giganto
11-27-2004, 8:12 AM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129789)

Everything you need (and need to know) is right there. :)
 epikon
11-27-2004, 8:14 AM
ah just saw a think there i didnt see before, thanks. I guess im dealing with
erf's. Anyone know what quality to retexture?
 Mono_Giganto
11-27-2004, 8:17 AM
Well, there are 4 sections in erfs.

GUI are buttons and stuff on the screen, like your portrait, ok and cancel buttons and such.

TPA is High Res, this is the one you probably want to use.

TPB is Average

TPC is Low Res
 epikon
11-27-2004, 8:19 AM
ok nice one mate looks like i know the way to go just gotta to find the sith armor texture then at least i can start working on it :D. Thanks
 Mono_Giganto
11-27-2004, 8:25 AM
No problem!

Sith Armor should be Under N > N_SithSoldier(01-03).tga
 epikon
11-27-2004, 8:28 AM
again thanks alot. I take it that

N_SithSoldier01.tpc - the shinny troopers
N_SithSoldier02.tpc - the red troopers

however whats 3 is it like a diffuse map or something?
 Mono_Giganto
11-27-2004, 8:31 AM
Originally posted by The5ID
again thanks alot. I take it that

N_SithSoldier01.tpc - the shinny troopers
N_SithSoldier02.tpc - the red troopers

however whats 3 is it like a diffuse map or something?

Actually, I don't really know what 3 is for, that's possible, but it might just be easiest to ignore it. :D
 epikon
11-27-2004, 8:35 AM
ok cool. Ill get started on my Night Op Sith Trooper project now :D.
 Darkkender
11-27-2004, 11:46 AM
make sure to download and make use of kotor tool as this will handle the majority of the modding you need to do including extracting files from the erfs and bifs. If you have kotor tool your life is made pretty easy because then you can also mod the 2da files to add your own custom appearance as well as new items and the sort.
 epikon
11-28-2004, 12:19 AM
i didnt want to start a new post but i need a bit of help. I have my texture partly completed but i want to get it into game first so i can continue working on it later.

So far i have
.tga of my sith armor texture
and the ptar_sitharmor.uti

Now i am completely stuck to continue on to get this in game. Any help would be nice, thanks.
 Raveth
11-28-2004, 12:46 AM
^^why retexture sith armor ? ..
 epikon
11-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Because I've planed out a mod which will contain more than just new sith armor just wait and see, dont want to give anything away. Any way still havent manage to figure it out, any help would be appriciated.
 Mono_Giganto
11-28-2004, 3:45 AM
Originally posted by The5ID
Because I've planed out a mod which will contain more than just new sith armor just wait and see, dont want to give anything away. Any way still havent manage to figure it out, any help would be appriciated.

Well, name the tga file that you made to N_SithSoldier01.tga and drop it into override, then equip the ptar_sitharmor.uti ingame. Hope this helps!
 PrtyLizardJedi
11-29-2004, 3:12 AM
If you have problems, you can check my retexturing tutorial at www.freewebs.com/myzips) It contains everything you need for starters
Page: 1 of 1