Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game Returns to Main Menu...Help

Page: 1 of 1
 Solocoyote
11-26-2004, 1:51 PM
Ok here it goes.

I have a 2.3 Ghz Intel P4 Processor
512MB DDR RAM
Geforce Ti 4200 128MB
Windows 2000 With Latest Service Pack installed
No MODS installed
1.03 Patch installed

I am on Taris. I have just cleaned out the military base and killed the Sith Governor for the codes to disable the Taris auto defense system.

I am going to the Cantina in the Lower city. As soon as I click on the cantina door and enter, the game returns to the main menu. At that main menu I cannot click on any of the options like start game or load game. I have to press ctrl-alt-del and end task to shut the game down and restart.

So I emailed Lucasarts Tech support. They told me to uninstall and reinstall in a new directory which I did. With antivirus and firewall turned off. Same results.

So I started playing from a much older save game. I came to the same point. Same results. Now I find that sometimes when I press f5 for quick load I get the same results.

I have tried playing the game with firewall and antivirus off and on. Same results.

I have downloaded all the new drivers for my sound and video card. Ditto.

Any help you can glean would be appreciated.

Thanks
 Darth333
11-26-2004, 2:59 PM
This is weird. First time I hear this :confused: Did you go to the Cantin before this?

In any event, try downloading the latest drivers for your video card and try lowering graphic options in your game.
 Solocoyote
11-26-2004, 5:45 PM
Yes I had been to the cantina otherwise I would not have progressed to this point. I had to meet Mission and the wookie in the cantina to be able to make it to where I am.

I turned all graphic settings to nothing. I disabled all the sound. I started from an even older save game. No success. Keep in mind as well that I do have turned off anti-virus and the firewall.

All drivers are up to date including Video, Sound, and Motherboard.

-Solocoyote
 Darth333
11-26-2004, 5:52 PM
Then it could be a corrupted savegame :( If you have a previous save, I would suggest you try to load it (always keep a few savegames, there is no reason not to do so) . Have you tried warping to the cantina? Note: the warp cheat must be used with precautions as it can mess out the Glbal variables but if you use it at that specific point it shouldn't cause any trouble.
 Solocoyote
11-26-2004, 6:00 PM
I have now tried 5 different past save games. Some of them old enough to be a quest or two before the current one. I am not familiar with any cheats so no I have not tried that.

BTW Montreal is a great city.

-Solocoyote
 Darth333
11-26-2004, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by Solocoyote
BTW Montreal is a great city.
Thanks I like it too but it's cold :rolleyes:

The warp cheat code would be "warp tar_m03ae" without quotes. Now, if your cheats are not enabled, you'll have to edit your SWKotOR.ini file by adding the line EnableCheats=1 )with a capital "E" and "C" ) under [Game Options]. For more details and how to open the cheat console, check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119128) - normally the chat console opens by pressing ` but it may vary according to your language settings. However, I don't like this solution very much and it should be used only if everything else fails.

Are you using or have you used any mods?
 Solocoyote
11-26-2004, 6:15 PM
I have no MODs at all. I am leary about using cheats as well but if worse comes to worse....

-Solocoyote
 Solocoyote
11-26-2004, 6:34 PM
The cheat did not work. Same results.

-Solocoyote
 Darth333
11-26-2004, 7:09 PM
Check your PMs

...and next time, instead of double posting, consider using the "edit" function at the bottom right corner of each of your posts ;)
 Solocoyote
11-27-2004, 5:20 AM
What is a PM? Where do I check it?

-Solocoyote
 Darth333
11-27-2004, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by Solocoyote
What is a PM? Where do I check it?

-Solocoyote
A PM is a Private Message, most boards have this feature. You can access them by clicking "User CP" just above the StarWarsKnights.com" banner at the top of the page.
Page: 1 of 1