Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fitting the mask

Page: 1 of 1
 90SK
11-26-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm trying to fit a mask I "made" to the character head (I'm using the 1st male one listed). I got it all set up, and exported it. In-game is seems to be jutting out of my character's neck when equiped. What am I doing wrong?
 svцsh
11-26-2004, 2:15 PM
Here is how I do it I import a mask move it out of the 000 world axis

ALWAYS Turn on edged faces in all vp’s

Then I import a head then I build my mask before I start shaping it I hit M [material s ] and drag the first material slot on to my selected model , then I set it’s opacity to 40% or less. Set diffusion to a coloured tone so I can see it compared to the gray view port background. Now I can see the head through my model as I build it…

Then when I’m done I delete the head base ect then I move my model in to place over the original game mask model in it's base so the X axis is level with the eyes. Then rename the base for my model, Fast link it all, move it back to the 000 world axis in the top *vp Basically in the left vp you can see where the eyes would be they intersect the aroura base shifted up or down a touch it depends on the model. Best bet is to import a mask that has a similar style to the one you are building.

Check the left or right , top and front *vp's to see it’s lined up so it will fit on the head correctly. Then I delete the original game mask add the trimesh to my model , in Materials … set shader type to metal set my defussion to white and back to 100 % opacity and export.

Hope this helps

* Vp = viewport

svцsh
 90SK
11-27-2004, 6:02 AM
It does! Thank you very much!:D
 svцsh
11-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Happy to help ;)

svцsh
Page: 1 of 1