Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

game changed all of a sudden... help!!! (JA)

Page: 1 of 1
 vtx1300
11-26-2004, 6:30 AM
I was playing JA yesterday for a couple of hours with no problems. I got up to the mission where you're to rescue the people being held hostage by the hutt. Well, I had to quit playing, so I saved where I was at. It was right after the opening cinematic, so I was still in the vent shaft. This morning, I went to play again, and loaded up my last saved game and as I started to walk down the shaft, the game froze up and exited out with the following error.

AppName: jasp.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: jagamex86.dll
ModVer: 1.0.1.0 Offset: 001433b4

I've downloaded the latest drivers for my video card and also the latest game patch (which it said I didn't need when I went to install it). But it still won't get past that spot I also noticed that it's in 1st person mode now and even when I hit P to switch to 3rd person, it won't work. Anyone know what I can do to fix it? If I have to reinstall it, is there a way I can save where I'm at so I don't have to start from the beginning again? Thanks
 Amidala from Chop Shop
11-26-2004, 7:17 AM
Delete that last saved game and start from the next newest saved game.
 vtx1300
11-26-2004, 7:36 AM
That didn't do anything.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
11-26-2004, 7:44 AM
Try some of your earlier saved games. If none of them work, copy the Saves folder in your base folder and save it somewhere, uninstall the game with Windows Add\Remove Programs, reinstall, re-patch to version 1.01 if necessary, then put your Saves folder back in your new base folder.
 Kurgan
11-29-2004, 4:59 PM
I had a weird, somewhat similar thing happen to me on the last level of the game (very annoying). After restarting and reloading about a hundred times and my patience was at an end, I tried going back to a much earlier saved game and it worked without a hitch.

Somehow the game had gotten "corrupted" (with the save) and by saving during that game, all the subsequent saves were also corrupt and prone to crash within a very short period of time.

Does that make any sense? You may need to do what Amidala says, go way back and start saving from there. Hopefully you won't have to replay too much.

If all else fails you can always use cheats (but it may take awhile to get exactly where you were without glitches, but it's mostly possible).
Page: 1 of 1