Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic Jetpacks/Lack of autobalance

Page: 1 of 1
 DemonKing
11-25-2004, 2:16 AM
I'm sorry if you are a jetpack lover but I'm sick of playing on servers where there are 20 human players and 15 of them are playing jetpackers for the Republic while 5, completely outnumbered, struggle vainly for 2 minutes as CIS before inevitable defeat.

Either this game needs an autobalance feature or the 5th class should be restricted to perhaps a maximum of 2 per server. Or the clone jetbacker's airtime should be reduced ala the Dark Trooper.
 Darth W Bush
11-25-2004, 10:44 AM
excuse my n00bness, but how does auto-balancing work?
 DemonKing
11-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Darth W Bush
excuse my n00bness, but how does auto-balancing work?

If every human player jumps onto the Republic side the computer force-moves players to the CIS side until the number of human players on each side are equal.

Most multi-player shooters have this feature nowdays.
 Darth W Bush
11-25-2004, 11:08 AM
sounds like a plan !
as you more or less pointed out: the problem really isn't the jettrooper being too powerfull, but the ppl that simply MUST play it and choose sides in order to do this. (personally i allways take the appointed side)
How does [teams - computer select] work?
 DemonKing
11-25-2004, 11:31 PM
How does [teams - computer select] work? [/B]

Usually if a player dies on the team which has too many players, the computer forces them to respawn on the other team. Simple really.
 Armydude71490
11-29-2004, 10:53 AM
The Xbox has this Force equal teams feature you are talking about!
Page: 1 of 1