Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Securom Error

Page: 1 of 1
 Bendude
11-23-2004, 4:36 PM
Hey Im geting a "Securom Error" Heres what it says

ERROR: Please insert the original disc instead of a backup.

You are trying to start a copy-protected application which requires the original disc to be in the CD/DVD-ROM drive. Please check to make sure your disc is an original.

This is the correct disc and i bought it from game stop. It has been worken for scence the day it came out, and thats when i bought it. It started given me these errors yesterday. I tryed cleaning the disk restarting the computer. I just dont know ????

Can some one help?
 TK-8252
11-23-2004, 4:38 PM
Have you tried reinstalling?

CD could be defective. If possible, exchange it for another at Game Stop.
 Bendude
11-24-2004, 8:33 AM
Well im the 1st dum ass in gaming i lost the reset
 TK-8252
11-24-2004, 8:46 AM
Try to exchange it anyway. Sometimes places will accept exchanges without a receipt.
 Bendude
11-24-2004, 10:51 AM
But if the disc is bad y would they take it?
 TK-8252
11-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Because they want you, the paying customer, to have a working CD so you might buy from them again. If I bought a CD from a store and it didn't work, then they refused to exchange it, I wouldn't buy from them again!
 Bendude
11-24-2004, 3:00 PM
True but it was worken fin umtill 2 days ago
 Darth W Bush
11-25-2004, 9:37 AM
do you have programs, like deamontools or alcohol 120% installed (CD-player emulators) ? did you change anything about your computer 2 days ago?

I'd try re-installing too, just might do the trick.

If the CD turns out to be broken (not by your own obvious fault) and they refuse to take it back, blast 'em ! ..gameshop scum..
 boe_d
11-08-2005, 4:15 AM
I have the same issue - please let me know.
 zerted
11-08-2005, 4:49 AM
This thread is almost a year old. Happy Birthday! :monkey4::whip1: :clap2:
Anyway, check out this thread on the same problem happening with SWBF2: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154631)
 Kurgan
11-14-2005, 12:52 AM
A common problem with securom is related to Gravis joystick drivers (Xperience software). Sometimes you can fix it by disabling the software (check task manager) when you run the program.

Also you need to insert disc 1 into the drive that you installed the game on (so if you have two disc drives, put the disc in the drive you originally used).

Often times though it just goofs up, but if you try it again, a second or third time, it works. It's a flaky system I guess, especially with SWBF2. :P
Page: 1 of 1