Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

animation.cfg

Page: 1 of 1
 Slider744
11-23-2004, 2:45 PM
hi is there a way to create automatically this file by reading the gla or another files?

or may i do it manually with all the start frame and length ?
 keshire
11-23-2004, 8:10 PM
Is this in reference to new animations?

And which set?
 Slider744
11-23-2004, 11:47 PM
yes this is in reference to your new mod of gla files in pcgamemods

i merged all gla into the _humanoid.gla with success and updated manually the animation.cfg

it works very well with modview

but all your blocks_ anim for single, dual and staff are pretty difficult to separate with the start frame and the total number of frame in each anim...

indeed for example your block anim for single contain a chain of several anim all put in a sequence in the same gla file...

could you give all frame start and frame number for each anim for blocks anim and melee move?

or is there a tool to scan all those anim and create automatically the anim in animation.Cfg...

at the moment i made the work manually for all your new anim execpt the blocks and melee animatuion because i don't know the start frame number for each anim

other than that, your works is pretty nice
i am considering a way to implement those new attacks anim in JA+
:)

also i didn't find a tool to create those GLA files using the .car and some .xsi files

could you perhaps tell what program you used?
 keshire
11-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Unfortunately there is no program to seperate the anims automatically. At least not that I'm aware of.

But you can get an idea of how they need to be by grabbing the cfg out of the OJP block test.

http://ojp.jediknight.net/files/betas/ojpblockbeta1.rar)

All I can say is use yoru best guess for the other stuff.

As for the program I used.

3d Studio Max with character studio. Same as what modellors use. You also won't get an accurate start/end frame representation off those becuase of the way I save my work.

I don't do individual moves. I do modules of work. So the xsi IS the same as the gla when outputting whatever.frames text.

Edit:

Also, When implementing the new style your going to have to add some of the moves in as full body moves. Which should be under the function. BG_SpinningSaberAnim
 Slider744
11-24-2004, 4:53 AM
thanks you very much
i will look at all those things...
but firstable i will look at a way of using your anim which are nice...
 razorace
11-24-2004, 10:56 AM
About all the saber blocking and transitions, after all the work we did and some reflect, I think it might be easier overall if we just use the base positions and then let the game just interpolate to them. Otherwise, it's very difficult to set up the animation.cfg and get the code to handle it.
 JF | nookie
11-30-2004, 8:52 AM
could you upload the new _humanoid gla and the animation cfg slider. would be very nice, im also interested in it.:)
 Slider744
12-03-2004, 1:40 AM
at the moment it is hard to use without the sequence delimited in start frame and frame length for each moves

i talked to keshire and he will give all the delemited animation.cfg when he have time because he is the only one to know all the start frame and frame length..

without his helps it is hard to do it ourself

at the moment i have only an animations.cfg for each gla
so i have to know all the start frames before to give the entire gla with all the moves merged...

perhaps keshire will release with the animation.cfg the gla with all moves compiled
 keshire
12-03-2004, 2:06 AM
perhaps keshire will release with the animation.cfg the gla with all moves compiled

I had lost them a while ago. But In my free time I am going through and dividing them up.

The blocking divisions are located in the OJP blocking beta. The saber style I'm still going through. Its been awhile so you'll have to give me time. :)
 Slider744
12-03-2004, 10:36 AM
ok thanks for all
Page: 1 of 1