Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K I need abit of help please...

Page: 1 of 1
 BES
11-23-2004, 9:49 AM
It about the KoToR editor by Fed Tetra...anyway i edited bastillas .UTC file and saved it...now what do I do to get it to work in the game?...im quite a newb at this and read all the info on it but im still lost...lol. Someone please help:-)
basically ..what program do I use to convert it so it can go in the override folder and get it to work?
 Mono_Giganto
11-23-2004, 10:09 AM
You need to start a new game. UTC files won't change a character that has appeared in your current game already.
 tk102
11-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Or, KSE (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7392) provides some character editing for characters already in-game.
 Darth333
11-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
You need to start a new game. UTC files won't change a character that has appeared in your current game already.
hmmm...I made a certain armband that would allow you to remove Bastila from your party and re-recruit her ;) You can find it at my Website (click on my sig) or at pcgamemods.com (party Manager armband). More details here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135519)

Edit: but if you are not making a mod for public release (no need to provide a separate .utc file), tk102's KSE can make things much easier.
 Mono_Giganto
11-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
hmmm...I made a certain armband that would allow you to remove Bastila from your party and re-recruit her ;) You can find it at my Website (click on my sig) or at pcgamemods.com (party Manager armband). More details here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135519)

Edit: but if you are not making a mod for public release (no need to provide a separate .utc file), tk102's KSE can make things much easier.

Hmm I didn't think of that, your armband would reset the UTC.
 BES
11-23-2004, 10:38 AM
ok cool:-) thanks...another newb question..how do I edit MY character feats,force power etc? ..I mean its easy now to edit bastilla and carth..but they are uber compared to me now...I would rather not use the cheat codes.Ill put it this way..heh..i just edited carth and he has all feats enabled(game is on highest setting)...and i died in the first fight and carth wasnt scratched:-)
 Darth333
11-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Use tk102's KSE ;)
 BES
11-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Cool easier than I thought to edit(just changed all monsters and characters last nite to make it alot harder..more of a challenge)is there a section to edit saber gems somewhere using the Kotor editor?..i cant find them anywhere.
 Raveth
11-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Hmm .. Put IT IN The OVerride Folder New Game ? .. would work for me :):D
 Darth333
11-24-2004, 3:35 AM
Originally posted by BES
Cool easier than I thought to edit(just changed all monsters and characters last nite to make it alot harder..more of a challenge)is there a section to edit saber gems somewhere using the Kotor editor?..i cant find them anywhere.
Please read the sticky Do you want to Mod SW-Kotor? then Start here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124284) You should find a few saber making tutorials over there, including Achilles' which is very easy to follow.

Now I am going to lock this thread. Not that we don't want you to post on the boards, on the contrary, you are most welcomed. However, try to keep it 1 topic = 1 thread. This is especially important since the search function has been turned off. Also read the stiky threads before asking a question ;) You should find many answers to your questions over there. If there is something you don't understand in those tutorials, then do not hesitate to start a new thread with a descriptive title to ask you question(s). People around here will be happy to help you :)
Page: 1 of 1