Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Very impressed! Although I certainly hope the bryar will change before final release

Page: 1 of 1
 Correction
11-22-2004, 11:50 AM
First I'd like to say I'm VERY excited about this and have been extremely impressed so far by the screenshots and demos. However, when the first demo came out I was a little dissapointed in this rendition of my favorite star wars gun ever: the Dark Forces version of the bryar pistol. At the time, I figured well it's just the first demo and maybe this model is only a placeholder, but now, a good many months later, I don't see any evidence that this is planned to change. Please tell me this bryar is not going to be in the final version! I don't understand what happened. All the other models, to me at least, looked PERFECT... but then the bryar was just kindof a flop (no offense! :p)

My guess is that the model was constructed from this picture:
http://www.hillside.co.uk/glyn/dark/weapons/handpist.gif)
...which would explain it looking very squat, due to perspective. I just wanted to point out that what I was exected was something much more like this:
http://darkforces.future.easyspace.com/pix/blaster.gif)
...movable hammer included.

Anyway, great job so far on the mod! I just thought I'd point that out (since honestly, I'm pretty bored right now and have nothing better to do :p) and maybe hear the reasons for the current model and whether it was planned for a revamp. Thanks!
 Salv
11-24-2004, 5:21 PM
Further tweaks are planned for the bryar, probably a better looking hand model holding it and more of a "gunslinger" feel to it that seems present in DF. Still, the second rendition of it its far better than what was present in the first demo.
Page: 1 of 1