Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sound Effects

Page: 1 of 1
 MikeGunther1969
11-21-2004, 8:14 AM
I need to get the sound effects library from Dark Forces. If anyone has it for download/uplaod or can give me the info on extracting the files I would appreciate it. I plan on Using a handful of the effects for the SOTE MOD for JA. PM me or email mikegunther1969@aol.com

Thanks,
Mike

11-30-2004, 6:14 AM
I did you ask the DF mod if they knew anything about it?

You could also check out df-21.net (www.df-21.net).
 MikeGunther1969
12-01-2004, 7:25 PM
The DF MOD team has been helpful, particularly Benevolence. He has been Morpheus, and I Neo......he can only show me the door...I must walk through it. Seriously, he has helped me but is far too busy with the DF MOD at this time to be of any assistance, but he has given me a few ideas and insights (especially in the equipment to use) for sounds of my own. I have a great library of sounds, plus all of the FX from SOTE, but I thought it would be cool to throw in a few DF/JK sounds as well to give it a well rounded SW Universe sound.
 Samuel Dravis
12-01-2004, 8:50 PM
I don't know about that...the DF sounds are rather terrible. It would be incongruous if you put them in a modern game...
 Katarn07
12-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
I don't know about that...the DF sounds are rather terrible. It would be incongruous if you put them in a modern game...

JK/ MotS and JO/ JA do offer far superior quality sounds. And even I know where to locate the mp3s for JO (not that I'd know what to do with them, but I can find and play them :p)

I do like DF sound effects. Nice feelings of nostalgia. I especially like the crunch of Kyle's fist as it collides with an enemy.... or a wall.
 MikeGunther1969
12-03-2004, 3:35 PM
As far as the DF Sounds go.....you're right, the quality is a little inferior, but with a little editing and remixing, who knows? Remember, this will only be a MOD...freebie, zip, zero, nadda (nod to Monster Garage), not a new Activision/Raven/LEC game for sale. No profit will be made for our labor of love, unless you count hours af gameplay and smiles as profitable items.

Second of all, the sounds may never even make it into this MOD, but would be nice to experiment with different sounds. We have a lot of sound EFX which have never been used in a SW game before, but once again, who knows if they will make it into the final cu. This is collective effort and majority rule, so to sum it up I will only say again...WHO KNOWS?

Third, please send me the link by PM or just post it in a response so I can chase down the aforementioned JO sounds.

Thanks,
Mike
 Katarn07
12-04-2004, 6:53 AM
Originally posted by MikeGunther1969
Third, please send me the link by PM or just post it in a response so I can chase down the aforementioned JO sounds.

Well, I would if I had JO installed on my HD for this PC, but I don't. I know you have to unzip a file (forgot the name) and basically all the data is in there. Skins, sounds, music, etc

Some JO/ JA modder wanna help him out?
 obijon1138
12-05-2004, 4:30 AM
I think they are in two of the assets pk3 files .... assets0 and assets1. Just open them with pakscape and drag whatever you want out of there. I think the voice acting in JO was better than JA. DF sounds eh...don't need them.

PM me if ya' need more.
 MikeGunther1969
12-05-2004, 3:15 PM
Thanks for the tips...........c-ya Wed or Thu...next days off from work
Page: 1 of 1