Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsabers: An Elegant Weapon from a more civilized day

Page: 1 of 1
 T7nowhere
11-20-2004, 2:53 PM
Lightsaber 6 Pack

Created by T7nowhere
.................................................. ...................

Download (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10096.html)

Direct PCGM Download (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/10096/Lightsaber_6_pack_1.2.rar)

This mod adds 6 new lightsabers into KotOR. All 6 were modeled and textured By Myself. There are 3 lightsaber geared toward Lightside and 3 are geared Toward Darkside player. Although none are restricted to either side and all are upgradeable. However The Blade Colors Are fixed.

The 3 lightside Sabers can be acquired on Dantooine. Use the Computer console near the Council Chambers and ask about Advanced Lightsabers design. Choose the one you want and the crystal to construct the Lightsaber will be provided to you. Use the work bench and place the crystal into a basic hilt. (NOTE* these crystal are for single bladed Lightsabers only! placing the crystal in a short or double saber hilt will result in a NULL grenade.)

The 3 Darkside sabers can be taken off the corpse of 3 DarkJedi. The catch is you will have to kill them first (this will not be easy and I suggest you don't even attempt to fight them until your at least level 16 and make sure you have Back up ;) ). Go to Tatooine look for an Ithorian.(NOTE* the same as above applies for these lightsabers. The crystals within them are intended for those Lightsabers and will only work within them.)

Lightside Sabers:
-----------------

Type 1 Lightsaber: Screen Shot (http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p9257188.html)
This Lightsaber design is based on the Lightsaber that Obi-Wan Kenobi Gives to Luke Skywalker In Ep.4 A New Hope.
The Properties of the Lightsaber are the same as Mantle of the Force A bit powerful to start But gives it staying power through the game. :)

Type 2 Lightrsaber:Screen Shot (http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p9257186.html)
This Lightsaber is based on Obi-Wan Kenobi's Worn and rusted Lightsaber from Ep. 4 A New Hope. The properties Are the same as any other Lightsaber, which is perfect For the early game.

Type 3 Lightsaber:Screen Shot (http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p9257185.html)
This Lightsaber is Based on Mace Windu's Lightsaber from Ep.2 Attack of the Clones. This Lightsaber has all new properties But you will have to Try different crystals in to find out what the properties are.

Darkside Sabers:
----------------

Exar Kun's Single Lightsaber: Screen Shot (http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p9257184.html)
This I based on Exar Kun's Lightsaber. The properties are similar to most Saber Crystal, But the reactions to other upgrade crystals can be unpredictable. The Saber emits a Green blade.

Sith Double-Bladed Lightsaber: Screen Shot (http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p9257187.html)
This Double-bladed saber is based on Darth Mauls Saber From Ep.1 The Phantom Menace. The properties on this saber are chaotic and Powerful Reactions to certain Crystals in unknown.

Blood of Malevolence: Screen Shot (http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p9257189.html)
This one is Not Based on any Lightsaber found in the movies or Star Wars EU. This is an original Design which I am very proud of. The Concept Behind it is that in the early Days OF lightsabers The power cells required, were Larger And needed a longer hilt design to Accommodate it. In This Case The Unknown Sith that Created this LightSaber took advantage of the Longer hilt and extended it Further to accommodate an even larger than normal Power cell and Added a short sword and Blade to the Hilt casing Which was perfectly suited to a Martial Artist Fighting style. The properties For this light saber are unique and Powerful. The one that wields this Lightsaber Will be Someone to fear, But it has its price which comes in the form of Darkside Corruption. ;)

Enjoy. :slsaber:
 Emperor Devon
11-20-2004, 3:17 PM
Whoa... Great job on the sabers, especially the blade of Malevolence.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-20-2004, 3:19 PM
*CLICK*...I've got mine :D

Purely a work of art T7, you sir are truly an artisan....

Although your PM box is STILL full ;)
 Darth333
11-20-2004, 3:35 PM
[uses magnifiying glass]Originally posted by ChAiNz
Although your PM box is STILL full ;) [/uses magnifying glass]

Uh oh! now I have to Sign-off immediately: I just can't wait to try those new sabers :D

Great work! :thumbsup:
 T7nowhere
11-20-2004, 3:37 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
[uses magnifiying glass] [/uses magnifying glass]

Uh oh! now I have to Sign-off immediately: I just can't wait to try those new sabers :D

Great work! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ChAiNz
*CLICK*...I've got mine :D

Purely a work of art T7, you sir are truly an artisan....

Although your PM box is STILL full ;)

its clean now :)
 90SK
11-20-2004, 4:05 PM
VERY nifty, T7. Great job, as always.:thmbup1:
 deathdisco
11-20-2004, 4:41 PM
Simply awesome:D :D :D
Thank you:)
 RedHawke
11-20-2004, 4:58 PM
Wow T7... just WOW!!! :worship:

I mean, Cchargin just released the new mdlops and BOOM! :D
 stingerhs
11-20-2004, 5:31 PM
^^^^
my guess is that a certain someone was prepared ahead of time....;)

great work t7!! :D
 cchargin
11-20-2004, 6:15 PM
hello all,

I mean, Cchargin just released the new mdlops and BOOM!
Being a tester has advantages! Like having a bunch of really awesome sabers to release right when the utility to make them is released.
 FiEND_138
11-20-2004, 7:42 PM
Amazing work. :worship:

*Edit* Lost the blatant profanity.....
 *Atris*
11-21-2004, 1:53 AM
i cant find them to download where r they?
 ChAiNz.2da
11-21-2004, 2:08 AM
Originally posted by *Atris*
i cant find them to download where r they?

Hey Atris,

go to T7's site:
http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm)

click on the lightsaber pic (you can't miss it, first thing you'll see)
on the next page, to your top right there is a download link.

Look carefully cuz' it 'blends in' with the rest of the text / description...
 *Atris*
11-21-2004, 2:19 AM
i cor see em, the first thing i see is the sith viroblade
 ChAiNz.2da
11-21-2004, 2:33 AM
i cor see em, the first thing i see is the sith viroblade

It should be right above the Vibroblades. If you don't see the "Lightsaber 6 Pack", try Refreshing your page.

Since the site is in frames, you'll have to right-click the page and choose the refresh option from there...

I'd post a direct download link, BUT...it's not my site. That's something better left to T7 to decide. Bandwidth could knock his site offline (temporarily) if he posted in this High Traffic forum.

BUT, it should be the first option, either on his homepage or click his "mods" link...
 Darth_ToMeR
11-21-2004, 3:26 AM
Great job!!!
 *Atris*
11-21-2004, 3:46 AM
thanx i chainz i got hem now
 ChAiNz.2da
11-21-2004, 4:04 AM
thanx i chainz i got hem now

Kewl! :) I played with some of them in my game last night...you're gonna love'm!

Once again T7...beautiful job. THIS is what the devs should've put in the game...but then again...Where's the fun in that?! (from a modder's point of view) ;)
 *Atris*
11-21-2004, 4:29 AM
another good thing is these shud work on kotor 2, which is good because obsidian are no longer adding different hilts so at least wece got these materpieces
 Doom_Dealer
11-21-2004, 5:03 AM
Fantastic work mate, superb, amazing, and whatever else describes something godly.

Anyway, love the Blood of Malevolence best, pure evil :)
 Hybris
11-21-2004, 8:04 AM
HOLY MOTHER OF YODA! Blades and engry blades in one this could be interresting.
 Mav
11-21-2004, 9:41 AM
OH MY GOD, I leave for one weekend, just one weekend and now we can import new saber models into the game.... hmmm maybe over christmas vacation I will need to learn how to model and start modding lightsabers again. Awesome Stuff T7... oh and kinda off-topic but who is going to be the first to make.. Count Dooku's curved hilt???
 T7nowhere
11-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
Awesome Stuff T7... oh and kinda off-topic but who is going to be the first to make.. Count Dooku's curved hilt???

check svцsh's wip thread. ;)

OK there were a couple minor bugs that deathdisco caught and and 1 i found.

the first one is the crystal for Exar Kuns Lightsaber was pointing to the wrong icon as was blood of Malevolence's crystal. This is corrected. also I forgot to turn of droppbility in the Dark Jedi utc files so when you defeat them you will get 2 of each saber.

The last is I Neglected to include and updated model for Mace Windu's hilt. nothing major I just moved the hand placement.

For get the updated Exar Kun and Blood of Malevolence you will have to call(cheat)them again if you already have them.

the cheat code for all the sabers are, "giveitem kun" , "giveitem sbrpike" , "giveitem anisbr" , "giveitem mace" , "giveitem oldben", "giveitem maul" . Withnout the quotes.

Again though the only sabers that are affected are Kun's and BoM. The model change for Maces will be immediate the is not need to call that one again.

Thanks again deathdisco for telling about those bugs.

edit: make sure you down load versionLightsaber_6_pack_1.1.rar (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm)
 Mono_Giganto
11-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
OH MY GOD, I leave for one weekend, just one weekend and now we can import new saber models into the game.... hmmm maybe over christmas vacation I will need to learn how to model and start modding lightsabers again. Awesome Stuff T7... oh and kinda off-topic but who is going to be the first to make.. Count Dooku's curved hilt???

I believe that was svosh. :D Nice work T7.
 Supreme-Lord
11-24-2004, 5:44 AM
Help
Hi. I have a problem with this mod. All lightsabers are working as they should but not 2 DS sabers. Exar kuns and that sbrpike. Both are without own hilt with white box (no image) and colcors are just blue and red. Why these 2 dont work but others do? I dont have any other mod in my override folder.

EDIT: Got it working
:rolleyes:
Looks like KMM messing up something.

Nice MOD :lightning
 *Yoinked*
11-24-2004, 5:52 AM
You probably misplaced/ put it in the wrong file a utc file, maybe??

Anyway, awsome work dude!! :thumbsup:

If only Jackel could be here, he would LOOOOVE it....

-Yoink
 T7nowhere
11-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Version 1.2 update
------------------
Fixed .kmm file that I forgot to update with version 1.1.
If you installed the version 1.1 the manual way then you shouldn't need to install this update.

Sorry about any inconvenience this has Caused. This is why I like to keep My mods on my site only, until I weed out all the bugs that may come up. :rolleyes:

IF you have an old version that was installed useing the kmm file the remove that one completely and install version 1.2.
If there are any problems please let me know right away via PM or through email which can be found in the readme.
 Colma Adawin
11-24-2004, 11:43 AM
THERE MINE ALL MINE!!!! at last, can now walk around with a saber hilt thats not like EVERYONE ELSES! :D:D:D:D

MattCole

(you should make a BASTILA MALAK JOLEE and JUHANI Hilts, those would rock :D:D:D)

sutle hint :cool:
 Mono_Giganto
11-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
THERE MINE ALL MINE!!!! at last, can now walk around with a saber hilt thats not like EVERYONE ELSES! :D:D:D:D

MattCole

(you should make a BASTILA MALAK JOLEE and JUHANI Hilts, those would rock :D:D:D)

sutle hint :cool:

Malak's got his own hilt, sort of. :D
 T7nowhere
11-24-2004, 1:13 PM
I am working on a revision to My original lightsabers mod. So all 4 of those sabers will get new models including Jolee's Jade shield.

Currently I do not have plans to make hilts for Bastila or Juhani. But Im not the only thats making new hilts. ;)
 illuzion69
11-24-2004, 10:42 PM
:drop2: :rock: My first two reactions when I first looked at these. They look great. I'm going to dl them right now.
 Durge
11-25-2004, 5:27 AM
These sabers really do rock, it's such a cool feeling to be able to walk around in the game and have a diffrent lightsaber that everyone elste! Keep up the good work dude!!!!!!!!:thumbs1: :grnbounc: :rock: :afro1:
oh and happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!
and to all a good feast!!!!!!
 Colma Adawin
11-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Malak's got his own hilt, sort of. :D

True, Very True, but its not really, a decent sabre, in my opinion.

Originally posted by T7nowhere
I am working on a revision to My original lightsabers mod. So all 4 of those sabers will get new models including Jolee's Jade shield.

THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!! DUDE, i wish to congratulate you on your / Svosh's sep's and everyone elses new moding skills !!

Originally posted by T7nowhere
Currently I do not have plans to make hilts for Bastila or Juhani. But Im not the only thats making new hilts

then lads, i send a 'subtle' hint to the rest of you :p (im a REAL PAIN aint i? :p:p

MattCole
 CodeDrifter
11-26-2004, 3:45 PM
My suggestion would be a ROTJ Luke based on your Old Ben hilt, a Dooku Hilt, and a Vader hilt.
 T7nowhere
11-26-2004, 6:41 PM
Well yes it could be done, But I'm not planning on it. I know of a couple of modders around here that have already made the model for lukes Hilt from RotJ ;)
 CodeDrifter
11-26-2004, 9:24 PM
Ah, then you're right it doesn't make sense cause with the close community KOTOR has we can avoid the state JK3 is in.
 Durge
11-27-2004, 5:01 AM
JK3 isnt doing too well, at least from my point of view from PCgamemods.com. In my opinion it has all fallen apart (there are too many good ideas being wasted to people who reject practically everything) and with that MC dissable thing the site lost an admin because of it (this is why i like this site because there are willing people and people who support them) this seems like it is working out so much better that JK3.
 Raveth
11-27-2004, 10:59 AM
this is nice :) ^^
 Mono_Giganto
11-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by CodeDrifter
My suggestion would be a ROTJ Luke based on your Old Ben hilt, a Dooku Hilt, and a Vader hilt.

And with regards to Dooku and Vader, check Sovh's W.I.P thread, he coincidentally made both of those. Well he actually made Anakin EP II, but it looks pretty much the same as Vader.
 CodeDrifter
11-27-2004, 3:32 PM
Yeah, only difference is Vader's has more black
 svцsh
11-28-2004, 1:03 PM
:thumbsup: Excellent mod as always my friend , awesome models top quality work ;)

svцsh
 Glamador
11-29-2004, 7:08 AM
i havnt been here in a while and when i left we couldnt model lightsabers...consider this an underreaction...HOLY JUMPING MOTHER OF GOD YES!
 gfranger
11-30-2004, 4:53 AM
I'm having a Problem getting the lightsabers to work i put the uti file in the override folder and when i play the game there is no listing for the crystals on the training computer and when i use the cheats i get a white box in my items list and it only does that for the anisbr not for anything else am i doing something wrong if i am please help me:confused: :(
 JeffS417
07-03-2008, 2:19 AM
Whenever I try to download it, it dosen't do it because PCGMs is down. Is there any way to download it apart from PCGMs?
 Wookiee Rrudolf
07-03-2008, 7:20 AM
I still have this mod on my HDD so i could send it to you... or maybe T7nowhere could upload this great mod to FileFront ;)
 Arбtoeldar
07-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Whenever I try to download it, it dosen't do it because PCGMs is down. Is there any way to download it apart from PCGMs?

WotOR (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173733&highlight=wotor) has the updated 7 Lightsaber Pack

Good Call, as such I will close this thread so people who haven't read our PCGM FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623) won't 'bump' the thread again. -RH
Page: 1 of 1