Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: Mercenaries

Page: 1 of 1
 stingerhs
11-19-2004, 5:04 AM
Situation: set approx. 5 days after the first sith attacks in kotor. this is before malak betrays revan. there will be several sides to choose from: sith, republic, and the exchange. NO JEDI CHARACTERS OR FORCE USERS. your character is a mercenary of some kind. don't be afraid to deviate from the kotor storyline. this is an rp afterall, right?? ;)

character stats:
you need obvious stuff like name, age, sex, race, etc.
you have to specify the weapons, armor, etc that your character uses as well as any unique properties they have.
you are allowed one personal ship and one npc character. the npc can be anything from a droid to a fellow mercanary. make sure you include stats for your npc as well.

Rules:
1. you can't kill another person's pc w/o asking.

2. although this is an rp, avoid 2-3 line posts, if possible. if you and another player need to set up dialog, then use the pm system to set it up first.

3. play nice, and no flaming.

4. use your imagination. sounds like a cliche, but it makes things interesting.

5. most importantly, have fun. :D

Name: Rytanya Cryain
Sex: Male
Race: Zabrak
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 178 lb.
Alignment: Leaning dark
Appearance: Medium build; medium skin tone; yellowish horns on head that have been sharpened down; black tribal tatoos across top of head that travel down the sideburn area of the face

Equipment:
Light fiber-armor designed for good protection and stealth
Two curved daggers
A 36" katana blade w/ vibration coils
2 Silenced dart pistols. darts use a range of poisons designed for instant kill or instant sedation.
A baragwin stealth field generator
Throwing knives
A heavy blaster pistol
A terminal hacking tool

Ship: Re'allis
A two-seat fighter
2 concussion missile launchers
4 fixed turbolaser batteries
2 fixed ion batteries
duel shields system
twin-engine w/ thrust vectoring
15 extra maneuvering thrusters were added
twin-delta shaped craft with no wings

Backround:
Cryain had been a freelance mercenary and crime lord enforcer for many years. Unlike the blatently bold mercanaries that most people envision, Cryain used stealth and martial arts tactics to do the job, which made him a valuable intelligence ops to most militaries. He has done some minor bounty hunting in the past, but he prefers mercenary work. His skills are offered to the highest bidders, and he has very little sense of loyalty to his employers. He rarely takes on partners since he believes they would only be a hinderance to his stealth-oriented strategies.
 LukeKatarn
11-19-2004, 6:30 AM
((Can we be surviveing mandalorians?))
 stingerhs
11-19-2004, 8:06 PM
((heck ya. if ya played kotor, then you'd remember the mandalorian mercs on manaan getting hired by the republic. so, they'll fit in just fine. :D))
 starmark2k
11-20-2004, 1:58 AM
(hi this is my first time RP so i'm useing yours as a template)

Name: Dan Halo
Race: Human
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 169 lb.
Alignment: light
Appearance: Medium build; light skin tone; Tattoo of the ouroburos (symbol of infinity, A snake biting its own tail, symbolises no beginning no end) on left bicep. dark hair that he never combs so is always scruffy looking. always looks like he hasn't shaved that morning.

Equipment:
medium armour with inbuilt energy absorption shield.
Twin heavy blaster pistols with ionisation properties
Halo Blade (long sword that is enveloped in electron energy making it better to cut through shields)
missile launching backpack (with stun, poison and thermal missiles)
cutting laser Gauntlet (left arm)
cybernetic implant that increases hand eye coordination 10 fold
"hacking" visor (helps to break in to doors and computers)
Demolitions kit (mine laying and sabotage)

Ship: Inferno
enhanced 2 man light freighter
1 forward one rear concussion missile launcher
4 forward firering blaster cannons
70 cubic meters of cargo space
2 rear blaster cannons
dorsal, starboard and port automated turrets.
tri-engine w/ thrust vectoring
medium shields

Companion: Beta-7 "seven"
Type: Utility, astrometric Droid
height 3'0"
alignment: Dan Halos property
Appearance/equipment: pyramid shape with sensors on one side being the front, left and right side have 2 wheeled legs and 2 multipurose repair arms. front arm are hidden in compartment include stun tizer and blaster cannon. antenor out tip of pyramid.

Background:
Although not a Jedi, he grew up at the Jedi enclave on Dantooine when he was left there as a baby. He was raised by the Jedi masters, becoming friends with many padawan including Bastilla Shan. with no knowledge of his parents he has a great sense of neglect which is enhanced by being one of the few people in the Jedi enclave without an affinity with the force. Despite that he still grew up trying to do good. While in the enclave he trained in fighting technique and learned many skills. In the enclave he made friends with the droid salesman. and when he decided to leave dantooine he was given his droid Beta-7 as a leaving gift. he won his ship in a high stake pazzack game when he was on telos. he soon found with his skills and newly found equipment he could become a mercenary, so he decided to help those who brought him up the Jedi. so now he will do missions for them and the republic... For a fee. he has the philosophy to shoot first shoot some more and if any one’s alive ask a question. he has also been known to be quite a good demolitionist. his most famous moment was when h blew up a mandalorian star ship from the inside and escaped to tell the tale.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[start]
Dan was in the cockpit of his ship the Infeno, heading towards his homeworld of Dantooine. He had just done a mission for Master Vandar at the Jedi Enclave, Treasure hunting. He had been searching all over the outer rim for an ancient Jedi Artifact. After 5 days he found it on the remote planet of geonosis. the local sentient species made this more difficult as they didn't want him ther and to make things worse the artifact was in cave where a family of acalay made there home. He still retreived the artifact aswell as 5 acalay heads he planned to sell to some of the wealthy farm owner as decorations. He was thinking if he could get the sandral/matalie fued to push the price up on the heads.
"hey seven" dan called round to his droid who was currently doing a bit of taxidermy on the acalay heads. "theres a gravity well coming up we'll have to drop out of hyperspace when we go through it... make sure that artifact is secure, this time!" the droid beeped a response that implyed it'd get right on it. The item was strange vandar gave dan little imformation on it other than it was called the chest of shadows and the jedi needed to get it before the sith did! Dan began to prep the ship for the drop out of hyperspace.
 stingerhs
11-20-2004, 6:31 PM
The stench of the decaying body was almost over-powering. Why in the bloody heck do I have to guard this door? the guard asked himself. It wasn't but two days earlier that the body belonged to another guard. His throat had been slit open, and crusted blood still stained the metal walkway from where he had bled to death.

The guard swatted at the flies that flew near his face. The dang things were attracted to the smell of the decaying body. The guard took a grim look at the maggot infested body. The face was bloated beyond recognition, but the guard still knew who he was. The dead guard used to be his bunk mate back in the base. He was an Ok guy that spent a lot of time to himself. He was always performing what he thought was unneccessary maintenance on his weapons. His vibroblade had to be sharpened all the time, and the barrel of his blaster constantly cleaned out and re-oiled.

All the time spent on his weapons, and they couldn't help him. Someone managed to simply slit his throat before he could reach his weapons. Of course, the only way he knew is because he had chased the theif outside the base. The thief had even left him a present, in the form of a throwing blade that had caught him in the chest. It missed his heart by a matter of millimeters. Upon gasping for breath, he had seen the body lying where it was now; the blaster was still holstered, and the vibroblade was still sheathed. He kept the throwing blade as a souvenier, and it was still in his pocket. And then *plock*

The blade hit the guard in the head and went throught the skull into the brain matter. Cryain's aim was perfect, but he had thrown the blade too hard. The guard collapsed on the ground, dead. Cryain pulled himself up over the lip of the street's edge and snuck over to the guard. He first retrieved the blade in his head, then the blade he hit him with a couple of days earlier. Now that he had all his weapons back, Cryain snuck back to the swoop Davik Kang had let him borrow.
 starmark2k
11-21-2004, 12:44 AM
The Inferno entered the atmosphere of Dantooine a few klics away from the jedi enclave. As there were no skyscrapers he only few half a click from the surface.
"I'm home." Dan muttered to himself as he flew above the fields.
When the ship landed in the landing bay next to the enclave. Dan instantly walked down the loading ramp and headed strait to the counsil chamber. Master Vandar and Master Vrook were currently meditating as Dan approached them.
"were you successful in finding the chest of shadows." Master Vandar asked without leaving his meditation position.
"Seven's bringing round now." as he said that his droid came round with a trailer attached to its back. Atop the trailer was a golder chest with ancient pictugraphs of sith lord on it. The two masters stood up and moved towards Dans droid.
"Good. The sith didn't get this" Master Vandar Explained
"It would have been disasterous for the Republic if they did" Master Vrook said
"We shall place it in a secure place until we can destroy it." Master Vandar replied
"Your going to destroy it. After all the trouble i went through to get it. Why!" Dan asked
"This chest has the spirit of anchient sith within it... if the sith get their hands on it their power will be increased by these dark spirits." Master Vrook Explained
"OK i'll let you guys take it." Dan replied as 4 padawan entered the room and took the chest to a secure position.
"Heres what we owe you." master vrook handed over 60'000 credits
"You only owe 50 K"
"The extra 10'000 is a bonus"
"Thank you. If you need me i'll be in my ship until i get another job." Dan then left followed by seven as he entered the courtlord a familiar voise called his name
"DAN!!" this caused him to turn around.
"Bastilla, how are you"
I've been given amission by the jedi council...... Ive been one of the jedi chosen to capture revan."
"WHAT!.. How do you expect to do that"
"A plan is currently being made"
"well good luck.. I mean may the force be with you!"
"i better get back to planning, bye"
"see ya bastilla"
Dan continued towards his ship. when he got to it. a rodian was standing out side the loading ramp
"hey you what are you doing by my ship"
"Mr Halo i've been waiting for you... I have a job i need you to do." the rodian said in his own language
"I don't work for the exchange"
"no no i don't work for the exchange. I'm quite the opposite i work against them."
"How do you mean"
"It is true officially i am a member of the exchange, but i really work for republic intelligance."
"Ok I buy that, What do you want with me"
"I have geen working on taris i've been sent to spy on davik kang, the exchange crime lord there... I recently got some information that davik has stolen a ship called the ebon hawk... well the ship may be valuable but its contents is far more valuable... we managed to get a tracking device and bug on the ship. unfortunatley the only way to get the information is to download it strait from the device... we want you to get to the device and get the info on where the ships bee and the information the bug has picked up."
"why cant you get at it."
"When ever i'm on the planet i'm under close watch by a mandalorian by the name of canderous ordo and i won't be able to get near it without hin killing me."
"so how do you expect me to get to it"
"Davik has been highering mercenary and bounty hunters recently thats how you can get in"
"OK.. OK.. How much is it worth to you"
"750'000 credits"
"Make it an even million and i'll do it"
"you have a high price but your skills are worth it... its a deal"
"I'll leave tomorrow"
"Thank you... I'll meet you on Taris"
"by the way whats your name"
"i'll be going by the name Genta" Dan then turned around and walked into his ship...
 Cyborgninja
11-21-2004, 3:19 PM
Name: Matt Huffman
Race: Enchani
Weight: 130 lb.
Alignment: netural
Appearance: Medium build; And is wearing the yellow enchani armor liek the one on mannan in kotor
Equipment:
echani armour with inbuilt energy absorption shield.
echani duel blasters
echani plasma blade(closes thing to being a lightsaber)
cybernetic implant that lets his health regenerate over time
Ship: Big Bob
heavy automated gun turrets
2 forward one rear sonic missile launcher
4 fireing blaster cannons
Heavy sheilds
2 rear blaster cannons

Companion: Hk-46
Type: assation driod
height 6' 0''
alignment: Matts droid
Appearance/equipment: basically Hk-47 with a black color and a yellow trim

Background: an echani merc

(lands on dantoinne)

matt-This place is so bare (goes into acemday)

MAtt- I am here for a person the call "Nemo"

Master Vandarr-Why do u wish to see Nemo

Matt-None ya buiness
 Cyborgninja
11-21-2004, 3:21 PM
Name: Matt Huffman
Race: Enchani
Weight: 130 lb.
Appearance: Medium build; And is wearing the yellow enchani armor liek the one on mannan in kotor
Equipment:
echani armour with inbuilt energy absorption shield.
echani duel blasters
echani plasma blade(closes thing to being a lightsaber)
cybernetic implant that lets his health regenerate over time
Ship: Big Bob
heavy automated gun turrets
2 forward one rear sonic missile launcher
4 fireing blaster cannons
Heavy sheilds
2 rear blaster cannons

Companion: Hk-46
Type: assation driod
height 6' 0''
alignment: Matts droid
Appearance/equipment: basically Hk-47 with a black color and a yellow trim

Background: an echani merc

(lands on dantoinne)

matt-This place is so bare (goes into acemday)

MAtt- I am here for a person the call "Nemo"

Master Vandarr-Why do u wish to see Nemo

Matt-None ya buiness
 starmark2k
11-21-2004, 11:30 PM
A jedi padawan comes running up to the Inferno screaming for Dan to come out of his. Dan quickly opened the loading ramp and ran down it to see the padawan.
"Master Vrook told me to get you and bring you to the main chamber" the Padawan screamed
"Why, Is somthing wrong with the chest of shadows"
"we don't know an enchani has entered the enclave, i think he may be a bounty hunter."
"I'll grab my equipment" Dan ran in to his ship and put on all his equipment.

He ran into the enclave and towards the main chamber. he got there intime to here the enchani to ask for nemo.

Dan- :: Pulls both of his heavy blaster pistols out of his side holsters and points them at the enchani::--
"If you know whats good for you, you'll answer Master Vandar, Enchani!"
 stingerhs
11-22-2004, 4:21 AM
Two drops of oil landed on the stone. Holding the stone in one hand and the knife in the other, Cryain pressed the blade on the stone. He pulled the knife in one direction on the stone, and repeated it several times. Pausing, he felt the blade to test how sharp it was. Not satisfied, he returned to his work.

"You know, Cryain, I had wanted you to make sure that the gang leader wasn't harmed. One gang is easy enough to control, but now, I have to deal with two of them," Davik told him. Cryain didn't even look up to acknowledge him. Instead, he tested the blade's sharpness again. This time he was satisfied with it and set the blade aside. "Cryain!! Look at me!!" Davik yelled at him. Cryain looked up. "I hope that there is some kind of importance to all of this Davik," Cryain said. "Why wouldn't there be any importance to it? You caused that Hidden Bek to go blind. Now there's a d*** power struggle going on down there and I'm not gettin paid my cuts," Davik said angerly. "Well, that sounds to me like thats a problem for Canderous more than me. Personally, all I did was give that guy just a little cut. He's the one that moved his eyes in front of my blade. Besides, don't you think that there's money to be made if a war breaks out between rivals?" Cryain asked coldly.

"Thats not what's important you fool. The guy you cut was.." "The leader of the Hidden Beks, I know that Davik. I don't need you filling me in on details," Cryain interrupted. "How dare you be so rude to me, you little piece of s***," Davik said. Cryain put up the sharpening stone and sheathed his knives. "I think that you've far outlived your usefulness to me, Cryain. In fact, I think its time for you to meet your replacement. (over a comlink)Calo, I need you in the throne room," Davik said. "Your skills have made you valuable in the past, but now, your skills can't help you against someone that actually knows what their doing." A door opened behind Davik, and a short man carrying two heavy blasters walked in. "Cryain, I would like to introduce you to Calo Nord. Calo, this is Rytanya Cryain, the man I was telling you about that the Republic wanted dead or alive. Well, he know has a second bounty on his head. My bounty. Kill him," Davik stated coldly.

Without hesitating, Calo opened fire with his blasters. Cryain anticipated being shot at and dove behind some chairs. As soon as he was under cover, he activated the stealth field. Calo pulled out a stun grenade and tossed it behind the chairs. *Flash*

Calo dove, rolled, and landed facing where Cryain had dove behind the stairs. Nothing. Calo scanned the room, focusing on the slightest ripple or wave in the air. *Thunk* Pain shot through Calo as a knife stuck into his back. *Thunk* *Thunk* *Thunk* "AAaaarrrrgghhh!!!" Calo screamed in agony. The throwing knives all impacted his back, and he fell to the ground, writhing in pain. Calo gathered whatever strength he had left and rolled on his side.

Cryain had deactivated the stealth field after hitting Calo with the blades. He pulled out his katana and lept towards Calo. Calo turned and saw him in just in time. He fired, hitting Cryain square in the chest. Cryain fell, stunned by the blast. His armor absorbed most of the blow. Calo was about to fire again, but Cryain managed to recover and rolled out of the way. Cryain pulled out more throwing blades. *Thunk* The blade impacted Calo's shoulder, and Cryain jumped to his feet. Distracted by the blade, Calo flinched in the wrong direction. Cryain quickly reached Calo and held the katana next to Calo's neck.

"I'd have to say, I'm fairly impressed Davik. This is the first time I've been shot with a blaster in almost two years. Impressive," Cryain said without facing Davik. "Yes, it is quite impressive. It's too bad that you'll have every bounty hunter in the galaxy looking for you if you manage to escape Cryain," Davik replied. "Guards, we have an intruder," Davik said over the comlink while he calmly walked out of the room.

Cryain quickly reached down and retrieved the throwing blades from Calo and activated the stealth field.
 Master Jaxu
11-23-2004, 6:46 AM
Name: Jaxu Auronik
Race: Mandolorian
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 290
Appearance: Large build,Long hair mandolorian armor from kotor
Equipment:
Dual Plasma swords
Mandolorian self healing armor
Dual blaster pistols
Ship: Guardian Force I
Dual front and rear cannons
hyperdrive
Stealth cloaking
 Cyborgninja
11-24-2004, 7:23 PM
(finds nemo)

matt-there he is now the mission said to inject him with this(grabs serum and loads it into a dart gun and fires it and it hits nemo in the neck)

ooc-that leads to his death during kotor not hte driods

Matt-goes to cantina and collects credits
 Master Jaxu
11-24-2004, 7:42 PM
*Jaxu ran through the corridor chasin his prey.One of the mans cronies jumped out from the turn Jaxu was about to make.He raised his blaster pistol and fired,killing the man."Now onto your boss"*he then raced down the corridor twords his prize*
 Cyborgninja
11-24-2004, 7:45 PM
(matt looked out the door way of the cantina and saw a man running so he threw a cyoban grenade at him a went up to him and began to choke him) So what are u running from ???
 Master Jaxu
11-25-2004, 9:09 AM
"Hes running from me'*walks up to matt*"And i will be taking him back now"*hits matts hand away from mans throat and grabs throat himself*"Now you're coming with me"*drags man top bountie office and collects reward*"Now i think i'll go for a drink"
 starmark2k
11-25-2004, 9:16 AM
::Dan halo walks in to the cantina and goes up to the bar tender and orders a drink. ::

Dan to BarMan- you wouldn't happen to know if anyone here has skills to help me with a job...
 Master Jaxu
11-26-2004, 8:12 PM
*Jaxu walked to the cantina.He supposed he should thank the guy who helped him catch the guy after-all.He walked into the bar and up to the bartender*"Can i get a clorinthian ale?"*Takes drink from bartender and sits at bar*
 starmark2k
11-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Dan Shouting- I need some help so a job its high risk.. but the reward is higher... anyone up for it!
 Master Jaxu
11-27-2004, 6:22 AM
*Stands up and walks up to Dan*"I'm up for the challenge what do you want me to do?"
 starmark2k
11-27-2004, 9:20 AM
Dan-Its a simple job really we have to break into a complexs get some inormation and leave no witnesses... simple really
 stingerhs
11-28-2004, 5:51 PM
((ooc-starmark2k & Master Jaxu--if you guys are going to do dialog, then use the pm system to set it up first. the posts you guys are putting up are one liners, and i clearly stated in the rules to refrain from that kind of posting. thank you.))

Cryain sat back and relaxed in the Re'allis' cockpit. He watched the blue field of hyperspace fly past the screen. He though briefly about the escape he had just orchestrated on Taris. The henchmen that Davik had sent after him were completely inept whenever it came to combating Cryain. Most of them were incompacitated well before they could fire a shot. Cryain didn't bother to kill such unworthy opponents: it was like stepping on ants to him.

He had quite a distance to travel yet, so he simply let the computer moniter the flight, and he fell asleep.
_________

Cryain jolted awake as the Re'allis fighter decellerated out of hyperspace. Looking in front of him, Manaan loomed in the distance. It was the perfect place to find suitable work since the Selkath had declared neutrality just days after the first Sith attacks. For now, mostly Republic ships occupied the space around the planet, but Cryain knew that if the war was dragged out any longer, it would become a haven of both Sith and Republic mercenary recruiters.

Of course, Cryain also knew that the Republic was placing very high and very lucrative offers at that point for some unknown reason. He figured that his skills would probably be the skills the Republic was looking for.
 TheOutrider
12-15-2004, 7:01 PM
((is it to late to join?!?))
 stingerhs
12-16-2004, 5:32 AM
((considering no one else has bothered to continue their own rp's, i would say go ahead and jump in. ;) ))
 Evil Dark Jedi
12-17-2004, 9:36 PM
Name: Zoric Bastar
Race: Human
Weight: 188 lb.
Alignment: Dark
Appearance: White Skin, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes and a Tatoo of a red dragon on his right face cheek.

Equipment:
A vibrosword with a vibration cell
A heavy blast rifle
Heavy Battle Armour
A terminal/door hacking device
A battle droid with a blaster rifle and two vibroblades on back

Ship: Da'lan
Two Seat Fighter
4 ion engines
2 turrets on top
2 turrets on bottom
Hyperdrive Engine

Backround:
Zoric is a freelance mercenary who mostly does things for the dark side of things. He is about to land on Manaan to get hired...
 stingerhs
12-18-2004, 6:54 AM
Cryain walked around the Ahto city. He was surprised at the number of Sith around considering that they didn't have a fleet in orbit. Hmm, I'll bet both sides are going to be making good offers, he thought to himself.

After asking around a bit, Cryain headed for the local cantina near the courthouse. Once inside, he ordered a drink and sat down at a table by himself.
Page: 1 of 1