Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cloaked Saboteur skin.

Page: 1 of 1
 Sneaky
11-18-2004, 10:23 PM
I apologize if this has been asked before, but at the moment the search function is not working for me.

I want to know if its possible to access the cloaked saboteur/shadowtrooper skin without having to download a mod for it. Is there anyway to recreate the optic camouflage effect using the game alone? And would this process be visible (more or less) by other players? Thanks for your attention.
 Sam Fisher
11-19-2004, 3:52 AM
Well, in the Seige mode, the Imp. Sab. can indeed cloak, but the thing is, its easily visible against clear backgrounds for some reason, at least on my computer) but I don't exactly know how to re-create the effect.

I think its been done before, so you might want ot check the editing requests forum.
 razorace
11-19-2004, 7:08 AM
The cloaking effect is a shader/code effect. It's not really something you can just type in a cheat code for, at least not without a cheat code.
 Sneaky
11-19-2004, 7:38 AM
I see, but is there any way I can edit the pk3 to make the cloaked saboteur replace one of the default models?
 razorace
11-19-2004, 9:00 AM
The cloaked saboteur effect isn't a skin, its a shader/code effect. I suppose it might be possible to impliment the cloak shader another skin (by altering the shader settings for those textures), but I don't think the results would be very good. The skin would be stuck in cloaked mode forever.

What are you trying to?
Page: 1 of 1