Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stuck: how to open locked doors with security key

Page: 1 of 1
 lord ro
11-14-2004, 11:43 PM
I am having very simple problem. I just picked up Jedi Outcast and am playing through it. I am having a problem opening doors when you pick up the security key or supply key from a imperial officer. These doors are just on the second part of the first level. They seem to have some sort of keypad on the right of them however no matter were i hit the [use inventory] key it does not work. It seems like this is a game glitch. I was able to get through one of the doors but when i went back and did that part over again i couldnt get it open the second time. Help!.
 Scar Da Kookee
11-15-2004, 6:47 AM
just gotta either find the key (which could be later) or find another way (what part of the level were ya?)
 lord ro
11-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Thats the problem, i already have the key in my inventory. I still cant open the door. The use inventory button with the key doesn't seem to work. Is there a trick to get the door open? Where on the door do you apply the key?

I am at the door in the second part of the first level just after you reach the second cryogenics room which is through the tube you have to crawl through. The door doesn't matter though because i reload the checkpoint and have been trying to get through the first door of the second part of the first level and it still wont budge. I got through this door once after some trying but it won't open this time.
 acdcfanbill
11-15-2004, 1:07 PM
normally there is a round thing next to the door, try 'using'* that thing when u have already gotten the key, which u have. :)

*note: use the normal 'use' key, not the 'use inventory' key
 lord ro
11-15-2004, 9:06 PM
Thanks for the tip, it worked like a charm
Page: 1 of 1