Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Increased saber blocking/parrying

Page: 1 of 1
 rut-wa jodar
11-09-2004, 12:55 AM
Does anyone have a mod or know a Cvar that increases the amount saber to saber blocking/parrying for single lightsaber duels ?
I`m a big fan of the movie-like saber fights and I would like to see this in JA. Alot of people hated the amount of blocking that was in JO 1.04 patch, thanx to the "g_saberGhoul2Collision", but i found it to be alot of fun.

Dual sabers and saberstaffs seem to be ok at blocking but single saber fights are very hit and miss and no fun.
 Crow_Nest
11-09-2004, 6:49 AM
Yes, one of the Open Jedi Project (OJP) mods has made locks much more common when fighting with any saber type. Its for SP, but i think its server-side for MP.
 Samuel Dravis
11-09-2004, 8:10 AM
OJP Site (ojp.jediknight.net) (since Crow didn't give it). :)
 rut-wa jodar
11-10-2004, 3:51 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Yes, one of the Open Jedi Project (OJP) mods has made locks much more common when fighting with any saber type. Its for SP, but i think its server-side for MP.

I think you misunderstood me, I don`t want more "Locking" I want more "Blocking "
 Maxstate
11-13-2004, 3:20 PM
I'm looking for just that kind of mod.

I'm trying to find a mod or something that can let me block manually in SP or at least enhance it.
The saber battle in JA is very poorly thought out, in Sp even if your enemy has a Saber Offense of 1 and you have a defense and offense of 3 they can hit you.

Anyone know of one?
 _PerfectAgent_
11-13-2004, 4:55 PM
Offence does not give your saber any extra damage.
 Maxstate
11-13-2004, 6:12 PM
who said it does?
 _PerfectAgent_
11-13-2004, 6:30 PM
Originally posted by Maxstate
in Sp even if your enemy has a Saber Offense of 1 and you have a defense and offense of 3 they can hit you.
I meant that it does not help break through someone's defense, it only allows for extra saber styles. You're right on the other thing though, sorry!
 Maxstate
11-14-2004, 3:45 AM
You don't get it dude,

With an offense of 1 they can't possibly hit you with a defence of 3
 Agen
11-15-2004, 6:43 AM
Yes they can. While you're attacking, you can't defend, so they can hurt you during these times.
 Maxstate
11-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Sometimes...:eek:

What am i saying
even when you're not attacking and you're a higher level jedi they can still hit you from the front
 katanamaru
11-26-2004, 8:38 PM
I don't have a mod for you, but i can tell you 'how' you can make one.

If you know of the .sab files they use for sabers, you can look at the readme that is included in assessts1, if i remember right, under ext_data/sabers.
In there it tells you how to make blade lengths and attributes. One of those is 'parrybonus' i believe. You can set that to a bonus of 1-5. So you can open up your favorite saber file add the line yourself. I found it so here you go:

//parryBonus parryBonus 0 - this is stronger/weaker in a parry (harder to break, more likely to knockaway)

straight from the guys at raven. Hope you can use this.
Page: 1 of 1