Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your favorite server setup?

Page: 1 of 1
 [CI]Levi
11-05-2004, 10:06 AM
So far this is mine

50 player
10 bots per side( to get the game started when no one is playing)
FF off
Heros off (bad experiance with darth blocking tunnel, ticking people off)
GCW(because of the unfair jetpack vs droideka)
both Rhen Var maps at 400 tickets
Tatooine Mos Eisly 400 tickets
Hoth 400 tickets
both Bespin maps 400 tickets
Yavin 4 arena 400 tickets

I want to get a feel for what the community likes. Please let me know how you would have set one up and why different.

Thanks!
 Alegis
11-05-2004, 10:10 AM
My fav is

0 bots per side
FF on
Heros off
GCW/clone era (I like clone era and play with droid pilot then, at least its a bit of a challenge)
400 tickets is a good idea
+30 fps
 jaemz
11-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Anyone else a fan of turning off Auto-Aim? I don't know if that is an option for PC players, but I always turn off auto-aim when I host a game (PC Dedicated Server for PS2).

my settings:

MOSTLY CLASSIC
No Auto-Aim
No Heros
16 players
8-16 bots (Hard)
3 clone war maps
15 classic maps
Friendly Fire On
 [CI]Levi
11-15-2004, 6:50 AM
Alegis, when you came in the server the other day It was set to 30 tps. I didnt' know it at the time though. You seemed to think it was 20.

What do you think about 30? I have enough bandwidth to take it much higer. Should I?

BTW I changed tickets from 400 to 300. We arn't getting the same ammount of people on our server so 300 seems good. And I took my Bots down to 4 per side.
 Alegis
11-15-2004, 8:38 AM
Well I can check it objectively now ;)
I'd leave it at 30 fps for now to test bandwidth issues. Put it higher if there are no significant problems after a while. 30 and 40 still need to be tested (50 unrecommended, its a disaster)
Page: 1 of 1