Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Did Meche really jump overboard?

Page: 1 of 1
 TyraaRane
11-04-2004, 9:25 AM
This is one part of GF's plot that's always confused me: did Meche really jump overboard at the Pearl?

To me, there's no evidence to say that she did, but there's also no evidence to say that she didn't. The sticking point is Domino--I just can't see him jumping overboard with her, much less getting snapped up by that octopus (unless he'd trained it to not grab him, and he somehow managed to get to the Edge like Manny and Glottis did?). But obviously not everybody on the ship they were on had been robbed of Double-N tickets and were bound for the Edge--that was a big ship. And then you'd have issues of trying to cover up how a whole ship had disappeared, and where it went, since Domino thinks there's no way off the Edge and the only ship to be found is the Lamancha.

I don't know; maybe I'm overthinking things...so I'm just wondering what everybody else thinks. :)
 VampireNaomi
11-05-2004, 1:03 AM
Hey, I never thought of that! I always assumed that they got off at Puerto Zaapto or something, and got to the Edge in a smaller boat.

Interesting...
 neon_git
11-05-2004, 8:30 AM
Well Meche definately never made it to Puerto Zapto. The pigeon said so, so it must be true.

I don't see why Domino wouldn't go to the edgr of the world in the sub with the squid/octapus/whatever it was/thing.

That cirtainly seems the only way to get to and from the edge of the world. The whole jumping thing does seem a bit suspect though, i can only assume everyone was thrown overboard at night at sproutella gun point or something.

Dunno really, never thought about it.
 VampireNaomi
11-05-2004, 9:18 AM
Originally posted by neon_git
Well Meche definately never made it to Puerto Zapto. The pigeon said so, so it must be true.

Oops. :o It has been too long since I played the Third Year.
 TyraaRane
11-05-2004, 9:23 AM
Originally posted by neon_git

Well, not necessarily. What the pigeon actually says is (emphasis mine), "Our man in Zapato says Ms. Colomar never made it to the port. It's said she threw herself overboard at the Pearl. I don't know if you believe that, but..."

So that doesn't mean that she really didn't make it to port . Hector obviously has men working for him in Zapato; they could have circulated the story that Meche jumped overboard while Domino smuggled her onto another boat.

Still, the whole going all the way to Zapato only to get on another boat and head for the Edge seems to be just a little too much trouble--and it introduces the risk that, somehow, Manny will hear that Meche actually made it to Zapato and start looking there for her, rather than heading back to the Pearl.

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think that Meche jumped. And by "jumped," I mean "was pushed overboard."
 neon_git
11-05-2004, 10:16 AM
and here was me feeling so smug...

never mind.
 VampireNaomi
11-05-2004, 10:23 PM
And here am I feeling confused. *reads previous posts* Oh, now I see. I think. :D
 El Virus
11-06-2004, 3:48 AM
This is one of the things I never questioned about the game, either you believe it or you don't, but there's evidence that shows that she did jump.
 Sanspoof
11-06-2004, 11:35 AM
I never really thought about it that much. I just classed it as one of the game's many mysteries.
 VampireNaomi
11-07-2004, 12:01 AM
I never even knew there was a mystery. I never questioned it how she had got there. Perhaps I was too busy drooling on Domino.
 El Virus
11-07-2004, 2:23 AM
I don't know what the big deal is, there's no mystery.
 neon_git
11-07-2004, 2:10 PM
i have to agree, i mean why *wouldn't* Domino just jump in the water and go on the sub with everyone else.

it's not like he's going to drown or anything.
 VampireNaomi
11-08-2004, 6:38 AM
I think he could have jumped, but I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't. He's so arrogant and full of himself that it's possible he didn't want to... sink that low. Pun intended.
Page: 1 of 1