Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cpu Usage

Page: 1 of 1
 (NJOC)MasterJedi[L]
11-04-2004, 5:26 AM
i have a question about cpu usage.

i;m running my battlefront from home.and have noticed that with my athlon xp 2200 (1.79 gig) running this dedicated server usess most of my cpu.like anywhere from 65-88%

and thats with noone on.this is where my lag comes from in the game.is there a way for me to make it so i use less cpu on this game??i mean my upload is almost 1meg.

also i have 736meg ddr ram also

not sure on the rest of the specs but thats pretty much all i run beside memturbo and virus sofware.
 LoRdNaTaS
11-04-2004, 8:25 AM
That seems weird due to I am running SWBF 1.1 Server, CS Source Server, Ventrillo, and GTA MTA Server and my process with no one on any of the servers is like 22% for the whole machine.

SWBF is running at 4 - 7% constent.

And my server runs
1.30GHZ Duron - I KNOW IT SUCKS
512 MB 2700 DDR

My personal suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall but that might just be an extreme. Sorry I could not be more help.
 (NJOC)MasterJedi[L]
11-04-2004, 9:12 AM
yeah that really does suck.and tbh mine is better and sucks more lol
 (NJOC)MasterJedi[L]
11-04-2004, 10:46 AM
fixed mt problem now. was causei didn;t have a video card in. i addedd mt nvidia 2 64 meg agp and now with 2 servers it's at 13%
Page: 1 of 1