Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Great Mod - Fett model question.

Page: 1 of 1
 darthangel
11-03-2004, 6:08 AM
I wanna start off by saying what a great mod this is, i downloaded the second demo earlier and played through begining to end. i had the original dark forces, and this is the most perfect adaption anyone could hope for. the level layouts are perfect and stay true to the original, the only difference is of course the great looking 3d models, and great high resolution textures, it feels so much like the original its unbelievable...and the use of cut scenes.....anyway.

i had a look at the model section on the webstite and noticed that a boba fett model was being made, im guessing that those pics were before the move to jedi academy, because there is already a great looking fett model with it. the model with academy has a great looking shader which makes it look incredibly detailed, so the question is are you using the boba fett with the game, or still making your own?:fett: i would reccomend using the academy one..

cant wait for this to be released, keep up the good work!

EDIT: oh yeah id love to see a JK: DF2 mod :P
 MikeGunther1969
11-03-2004, 6:44 AM
oh yeah id love to see a JK: DF2 mod :P [/B]

Check The Forums

Dark Forces 2 Mod
Gift to the DF2E Team
www.shamusworld.gotdns.org/df2mod/)
 ewok mercenary
11-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Actually, I think the Boba Fett model in JA is of very poor quality, plus HapSlash's models have a tendency to look a million times better than anything Raven make.
 darthangel
11-03-2004, 4:12 PM
Well if he can make a better one im all for it :), but if so maybe using the fett model with academy as a base then beefing it up like he did the storm trooper would be nice.

In response to the DF2 mod, the link doesnt work :( i hope that if there is a DF2 mod it is done by this team(or at least someone as good), as thier work seems to be of superb quality, and preserves the feeling of the original (the DF mod demo felt like a professional full game!).

The last thing we would want is for a well meaning, yet inexperienced group of people making a half hearted mod of DF2, then this team not thinking about making an adaption because its already been done.

EDIT: not that im saying that if there is one in development that it will be half hearted or that the people responsible are inexperienced, coz i dont know, that was just a "what if..." statement LOL
 Shamus
11-03-2004, 7:47 PM
The link works (at least the one connected to my posts does). Occasionally it'll be down, but usually it'll be back up within the next day at the latest. Also, it's not hosted on the fastest of servers. ;)

We're not trying to put out something half-assed with the DF2 mod--just ask any of our texture artists what I mean if you doubt this. ;)
 darthangel
11-04-2004, 4:44 AM
The link is still down for me, ill keep checking it, im sure your work is as good as you say though and i cant wait to see it :p in the mean time could you give me some information on the mod, maybe link a few pics, % complete etc.

EDIT: figured out why it wouldnt let me on it... that link had a www. at the start the link should be http://shamusworld)... etc. i found it on another thread :P well i looked at the textures page, and WHOA! some of the high rez remakes truely are impressive! give the levels a bit of extra brush work, add those textures, and a few effects shaders (for shiny or glowing surfaces and stuff :P), and it will look amazing :), im very interested in seeing the models though if you have any completed, especally the kyle model :)
 Locutus_of_Borg
11-04-2004, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by Shamus
We're not trying to put out something half-assed with the DF2 mod--just ask any of our texture artists what I mean if you doubt this. ;)
Damn right :D (and I am one of those texture artists for those of you who don't know :p).
 CortoCG
11-08-2004, 4:33 AM
Using Hapslash's Boba Fett model is Hap's call. Personally I would love to see his model on the final game.
Page: 1 of 1