Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Trooper Weapon

Page: 1 of 1
 plokoon9
10-30-2004, 9:18 PM
I noticed in Talay base when you get the "dark trooper" weapon it looks suspiciously like an imperial repeater rifle. Take a look for yourselves and see. Isn't this weapon supposed to be an assault cannon, which is used in the original game by the dark trooper?

Perhaps the reasoning behind this is that it is some newly developed weapon which was designed by reebus, and doesn't come into play until later. That way they could get away with using a different model.

I'm not exactly sure if this model is the same as the sprite from the original game or not; it very well could be. (if this is some sort of effort to retain what was done in the original that's OK too) This could have been done on purpose, but that just doesn't feel right. I think that someone made a mistake (whether on the original or the mod I don't know)

there's my two cents. what does evryone else think? I'm just curious as to whether or not this was a mistake or done on purpose.

now that I think about it, I kinda feel bad, because that model was so nicely done. I wouldn't want anyone's work to have been done in vain:)
 Darth_Linux
10-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Hi

In the original, it really is just an changed up Repeater rifle, so that's what we went with. Remeber, it's just a prototype of the DT weapon, not the final version, so I guess that's how they justify making it based upon a repeater . .
 MikeGunther1969
10-31-2004, 5:55 AM
My son said the same thing...I thought he was just too wrapped up in the excitement of actually playing the demo. Here's to him, and here's to egg on my face for ignoring him...Cheers! (Tipping back a Bud Ice)
Page: 1 of 1