Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Forces Advance/ DS

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
10-30-2004, 8:52 AM
OK, we've seen what the GBA can do for Doom and Wolfenstein and I've been keeping an eye on what the DS can do for a FPS such as Metroid and let me tell you that I am impressed.

I plan on snatching up a Nintendo DS for myself when it comes out or just wait for Christmas to get it as a gift. Either way, I'm getting one.

What are the chances of LEC ever porting DF onto the DS? I think it'd be fricken sweet. That game alone to be portable with probably slightly cleaner textures and graphics would be worth getting the DS alone. Am I right?

Am I the only one here that thinks this would be cool? Am I also the only one here that feels LEC would never do this?
 Samuel Dravis
10-30-2004, 11:39 PM
It would be sweet, but LA would never do it. You're not alone! :p
 txa1265
11-01-2004, 6:57 AM
If they haven't released Super-Star Wars (or anything from that series) for GBA as they've been dumping everything out there lately ... they won't do it now.

Duke Nukem Advance is, IMO, the only one worth playing in the 'FPS revival' ... why? Because the others are better in every way on a PC. But Duke is a new game ... so unless there was a new game, it probably wouldn't meet expectations. Besides - they have new stuff to work on, with Ep III around the corner.

... but I still hope ...

Mike
 Katarn07
11-01-2004, 11:51 AM
I think you're leaving out Metroid DS because that game looks spectacular. I think the PC can do everything you can do on a GBA better but the DS looks like it'd be just as good if not better.

And you're right. The SNES games need a revival as well. I'm all for those too.
 Sam Fisher
11-02-2004, 5:54 PM
That would be pretty sweet seeing a "new" Dark Forces, on a console to boot!
 txa1265
11-04-2004, 6:45 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I think you're leaving out Metroid DS because that game looks spectacular. I think the PC can do everything you can do on a GBA better but the DS looks like it'd be just as good if not better. Yes it looks good, and promises (AFAIK) to be an original. And maybe other FPS will be pretty good on the DS. But I still fail to be compelled to replay FPS on a handheld. Look at Doom I & II and Wolf 3D ... what is *their* appeal? If you've played them on a PC, the GBA version is a disappointment, and not worth playing. I can't see that Dark Forces would be any better, unfortunately ... not that I wouldn't buy it ;)

I would like an original game in that same spirit, but since we know there are EpIII games on the horizon, I don't see it happening.

Mike
 The Saxman
11-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi,

Actually Lucasarts made a REDO of super starwars when they did the GBA game "Aprentice of the force". It's very similar the the classic oldies, but a LOT shorter, and no where's near the same difficulty level. Still all in all a very cool game to have around. Just don't compare it to the originals.

The Saxman
 Katarn07
11-05-2004, 1:27 PM
Yeah, I know about Apprentice of the Force. They would have been better off just porting the three SNES games into a cartridge (if possible) and renamed it Apprentice of the Force.
 _PerfectAgent_
11-10-2004, 12:02 PM
That is interesting. DFDS? Sounds good! The only problem is that LucasArts might give a cease and desist order to the DFMod team.
 Katarn07
11-23-2004, 8:08 PM
I got my DS Sunday morning and it's awesome. No words to describe it. While none of the launch titles really fully utilized the touch screen, the mini games in M64 and the controls for the Metroid Demo were great. LEC may not want a DF port to this, but they have to make some SW games for it other than RotS (which I'm not too excited about).
 _PerfectAgent_
11-24-2004, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
LEC may not want a DF port to this, but they have to make some SW games for it other than RotS (which I'm not too excited about).
Jedi Knight DS? *Runs* (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140114)
Page: 1 of 1