Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Installed but cant play.

Page: 1 of 1
 pha+z
10-27-2004, 4:32 AM
Hi Guy's first post here.

I have bought the game, having dragged myself away from Enemy Territory.

It's installed, but wont run.

My System is:-
Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev 2, (using the onboard 5.1 surround)
AMD XP 2500
Asus FX 5800 (128mb)
1 GB Ram
80 GB SATA Hitachi
WinXP SP2 (fully up to date)
DirectX 9c

My system passes all the DXDIAG sound tests.
When I run the analyze tool, its says "no sound hardware".
I have tried stuffing in a PCI 128 but still "no sound hardware".
In brief I fire up the game and get the initial menu. Hit start game, and just get a Black Screen and thats it.

I have updated to the latest patch but still no joy.
Any ideas.
 Alegis
10-27-2004, 4:40 AM
Get the latest sound and graphics drivers for your cards and try again.

In the device manager (configuration panel->system->hardware tab), do you any yellow exlamation marks?
 pha+z
10-27-2004, 7:12 AM
Yup all drivers updated, did so the other day as I am a lazy Computer Engineer. :)

My guess is that as the "Analyze" part of the start menu shows me as no sound hardware, the game fails to load.

I've been doing somesaults with various driver upgrades trying to solve this issue, and even considered uninstalling and re-installing for the 5th time :(

I've read so much great stuff here that I am now truly jealous of all those that can play and feel myself drawn strongly to the dark side.

Any help greatfully accepted.
 xa4
10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by pha+z
Yup all drivers updated, did so the other day as I am a lazy Computer Engineer. :)

My guess is that as the "Analyze" part of the start menu shows me as no sound hardware, the game fails to load.

I've been doing somesaults with various driver upgrades trying to solve this issue, and even considered uninstalling and re-installing for the 5th time :(

I've read so much great stuff here that I am now truly jealous of all those that can play and feel myself drawn strongly to the dark side.

Any help greatfully accepted.

Well I have a bit worse system :P

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1,66 GHz
512 MB RAM 133 MHz
nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
And some unknown onboard sound card

I do pass the game test exept the the sound card, it says I don't have a sound card either. So I doubt that is the problem. I can load the game btw!
 pha+z
10-28-2004, 12:37 AM
Found the answer, and you'll never guess what was responsible.

Regional Settings!!

Yes Regional Settings, there are Dark Forces at work here.

I live in the United Kingdom, and accordingly set my PC's regional settings to match that. With my regional settings set to UK, the game fails.

Set my regional settings to United States (US) Bingo!! I'm up and running.

Go figure!!

Ah well, at least I'm online now, and ready to fragg.

Thanx for your comments guy's, as any light in the dark, is always encouraging.

I'll cancel my Live 5.1 card now I guess. ;)
Page: 1 of 1