Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't Beat Endor

Page: 1 of 1
 videoman77
10-26-2004, 2:49 PM
Hello,
I have been playing Endor over and over and i just can't beat it. I've tried camping out by the shield generator and killing everything that moves, but i eventually run out of ammo and have to go down and get some which sometimes results in deaths.

But as far as i can tell, you have to greatly rid your self of all the Empire forces first. But no matter what strategy i use....vehicles, snipes, infantry, nothing seems to work...the closest i've gotten to victory was getting the empire down to about 25 men, before i died...but that only happened once.

I even tried getting in those big empirial things(sorry i don't know what they are called), but before i can do much good i get blown to pieces by other ones.

I need a good solid strategy,

Can someone help?

videoman77:biggs:
 Darth W Bush
10-26-2004, 2:56 PM
capture command posts and use the speederbike to get to them. also make use of the platforms / rope bridges. All i can think of 4 now, hope it helps..
 videoman77
10-26-2004, 3:03 PM
I'll try harder to take the command posts...i read in another post that if you take a sniper and a speeder behind the shield bunker and shoot everyone, then release a droid into the bunker and do an orbital strike its a good way to destroy the shield generator...i'll try that too.

videoman
 Pho3nix
10-27-2004, 3:22 AM
Well...basically you just gotta get the posts very fast with a few other rebels. And stealing the AT-ST is also a good strat.
 Starfire13
11-07-2004, 5:27 AM
Haven't been on Lucasforums for a while (since playing Jedi Academy), but started playing Battlefront this week.

I've played through the clone campaign without problems, but can't get past the Endor mission on this campaign.

The thing is, is taking out the shield generator all that useful? It seems to take bloody forever (often I spend the entire match trying to take it out), and I still have to kill everyone after that. I've tried using a wookie to time-bomb it (which works pretty well), but getting back in a second time to complete the job is a bit of a pain. The orbital strike thing doesn't seem to work. I've used that, but no damage was dealt.

I've also tried to win through pure attrition, but the imperial forces have the advantage in terms of tickets, and I simply can't kill enough of them to win (I usually get about 60 kills and 10 deaths).

Capturing seems pointless (forgive the pun) as the AI troops don't support your position. I end up facing overwhelming odds with no backup and die.

All the other maps are relatively easy for me. I just can't figure out why Endor is so darn difficult. :confused:
 videoman77
11-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Starfire,
That sounds exactly like what is happening to me...almost word for word. I talked to a little kid about 12 and he told me that he just camps out in the woods sniping people. That seem to be his way of doing it. This post is at least 2 weeks old by now and i still can't beat it.

I'm playing this on PS2 has anyone else beat in on PS2?

This brings up a further point....I hear that the pc version allows you to have another computer character follow you around and supply you with ammo or help defend...ist this true?...and will the ps2 version do that too?

videoman:ewok:
 Amidala from Chop Shop
11-19-2004, 7:51 PM
One thing you have to remember: if you control less than 50% of the command posts, your reinforcements start draining away (your team's ticket count bar starts flashing and the announcer says "We're losing reinforcements!"). Conversely, if you control more than 50% of the command posts, the other side's reinforcements start draining away. So make sure you capture the nearest enemy command post as quickly as you can, and hold it. And if the other side gets one of your command posts (usually someone on a speeder bike takes one of your rear command posts) take it back immediately. Don't worry about capturing all of the command posts, just capture and hold 50% + 1 and the other side will drain away.

For fun on Endor, I play as a Rebel Pilot and run towards the Barracks (where the AT-STs spawn). Avoid combat, just run as fast as you can; switch your alternate fire to Dispense Health and Ammo and if you get wounded, just Alt-fire and you'll toss Health in front of you as you are running, you can heal yourself without stopping. Circle around to the right of the command post so you aren't seen. Look where the AT-STs are spawning, and sneak around to the tree nearest the spawn point and hide behind it. Only kill enemies that discover you, and avoid the turret that is usually manned. When an AT-ST spawns, run up and enter it. Kill all enemies in the command post, starting with the turret (blow it up so no one else can use it). Then you can either hop out and convert the command post (if you are brave), or just camp the spawn points and kill them as they spawn. It is important to face the AT-ST spawn point, and kill all enemies before they can board the AT-STs. That way you keep yourself alive AND you deny the enemy their AT-STs.
 Darth W Bush
11-20-2004, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by videoman77

This brings up a further point....I hear that the pc version allows you to have another computer character follow you around and supply you with ammo or help defend...ist this true?...and will the ps2 version do that too?

videoman:ewok:

I've had AI pilots bring me my lunch, when i was hiding out in the hollow log. Don't think they followed me, tho. I play PC , dunno about ps2 ..

b.t.w. : have u tried using mines on endor ??
 Cpt. Bannon
11-20-2004, 7:10 PM
here's a quick, easy way to beat it: be a wookie, then take a speeder and fly just outside of the map, where you start going in and out of the return or die areas, until you are past the bunker. then come back up from behind the bunker, use the speeder bike to take out anyone (usually the techs havent even bult turrets by then) You then go into the shield gen, plant a time bomb on the console, run up, kill some more people (if they are there) grab another time bomb, then run back into the shield gen and place those last 3 time bombs. Then hop back on your speeder bike and go to the ATST spawn and wait until one spawns. Take it and dominate the rest of the game (it sometimes helps to take it to your CP, then respawn as a pilot)
 LATIJN
12-05-2004, 9:13 AM
I usually lose when i take the Imps and win with the rebels. I make like 60 kills with at-st but when i want to capture a cp nobody is there to give me cover
 HBK
12-07-2004, 8:20 AM
I just beat Endor, after many many attempts. I used the strategy mentioned above to take 50% +1 of the command posts. I rushed to the closest Imp command post (or was it neutral at the start of the battle?). Took it and held it for dear life. Sure enough their reserves started to deplete.

It is a hard spot to hold, waves keep coming not to mention the AT-ST path is off to the side. Once we were even strength I knew I was going to win. I didn't blow up the bunker, just beat all the Imps.

btw I was a normal troop. Good luck, and if I can do it, so you can you.
 AT-ATNemesis
03-30-2005, 6:37 AM
ever tried getting into an at st and shoting the inside of the bunker with the main lasers
 Schizo89
04-06-2005, 4:55 AM
doesn't work... it's too slanted...
 jawathehutt
04-29-2005, 10:26 PM
on mp im always a wookie nd i have my friend b a pilet
we sneak in
he give me ammo for bombs
ca bomb then we steal a atst and dominate
 Melrek Krakan
08-25-2005, 9:55 PM
I usually don't bother with the shield bunker. I'll take it out and the imp ai repairs it. Also, if you steal an at-st and it gets damaged, wait until a new one spawns and grab it and shoot your old one until it is almost destroyed (you see fire). Then, if an enemy takes it, it will be easy for you to destroy and, if you are destroyed, denys the imps from a fully operational as-st.
 Higgsy
08-26-2005, 6:15 PM
best i ever came up with was rushing the central imp base, taking it, and then ust fighting them for every tree. If you start getting pushed back climb into the tree platforms and take pot shots at them as they exit the woods. Also if you want to do it attriton style when you are fighting in the woods keep pressing hold position every 5-10 seconds, that way you get a good gang waiting there for the approaching imps :)
 Higgsy
08-26-2005, 6:17 PM
oh and dont bother with the bunker, its not neccessary and eats up time. If you feel you have to destroy it secure the barracks CP first then grab any wookies/vanguards and take them in with you. Takes time but you should do ok.
 zerted
08-27-2005, 10:18 PM
doesn't work... it's too slanted...
It works, you just have to be at the right angle, the secondary weapon works better.

I normally capture the 4th CP (the once closest to the shield). Then sweep in and attack them from behind.

While you are playing the level, you might notice most of the imperials are attacking your CPs or are close to them. The more troops attacking you, the less troops they have garding their CPs. Just speed through with a speeder to the 4th CP. Kill the unit in the turret while in the speeder and then take the CP. If an At-At spawns, take it, walk on top of the CP and get out. If you are about to get killed when you are attempting to take the CP jump, in the At-At and fire away. After you kill the newly spawned troops, jump out and attempt to retake the CP. You can also stay behind the speeder for a little cover.

Note: If your AI forces can't hold off the Imperial attacks and it takes too long to capture the 4th CP, when you capture it, it is going to be your last CP.
Note 2: Also, in any level, even if you don't completely capture any CP, you will cause the AI to turn around and attack the player attempting to capture the CP, leaving their backs to the upcoming invading(hopefully) frendly AI troops.
 AT-ATNemesis
09-08-2005, 2:41 PM
If you are rebels

get on a speeder bike as a wookie when you get to the bunker
go in and put time bombs on the red projector on the floor

then use grenade gun and even bowcaster and you should take out the bunker!!! Capture the command posts with the at sts on Easy Win
 Xtermanator
09-08-2005, 7:46 PM
If you are still having problems, see my Walkthrough/FAQs Thread below
Page: 1 of 1