Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

S_FindName: empty name

Page: 1 of 1
 Barada
10-25-2004, 1:14 AM
Encountered this error about 15 minutes into a server test.

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
S_FindName: empty name

Anyone had this problem and found a result?
I searched S_FindName in code, and it doesn't exist. Searched old q3 source code and it has to do with sounds. That's as far as I've gotten.
I've found numerous complaints in other forums about this error in other mods and servers, but none had a result.
Any idea what the error means?
thx in advance
 stubert
10-25-2004, 10:33 AM
compile your dlls in debug mode
 Barada
10-25-2004, 12:08 PM
I have been. I've only started doing the final build within the last week. I've had no previous error in debug relating to whatever may cause this.
 stubert
10-25-2004, 5:51 PM
this is a really common thing... i've just never gotten the error myself.. i'm sure someone lurking around will know what to do
 razorace
10-25-2004, 6:22 PM
This sounds familar. Maybe it's the Stormtrooper bug that Phunk and Ayzmn were having problems with.
 Wudan
10-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Are you sure the server's game time limit isn't 15 minutes? Maybe it's exiting the game mode and closing down game systems ... just a wacky idear.
Page: 1 of 1