Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

200 for Shields instead of 100

Page: 1 of 1
 Empire Defender
10-20-2004, 7:16 AM
Hi !

In Dark Forces and Jedi Knight, Kyle Katarn had 200 limit for his shieldbelt, and in Jedi Outcast and Academy only 100 (I Think it was reduced cause the game with the improved lightsabre is easier than the two first games).

But we are in DF and there is NO jedi powers and no lightsabres, are you planning to rise the shield limit to 200 ? Because some guys could be very though to shoot without this improvement (turrets, boba fett, dark Troopers...)... ;)

If you do such a thing consider you'll do this in a next update, because we're all mad at waiting the second demo ;) :D :D

Keep on the good work ! :) :)
 Darth_Linux
10-20-2004, 10:43 AM
I think we'll probably keep the shields at 100, and if we can get a shield supercharge power up in the future, we'll make that go to 200 and then tick down to 100. We've got enough shield pickup items throughout the levels to maintain a good shield level for most of the areas of the level. Game play balance has been something we've been tweaking heavily in the last few weeks, and I think we have it pretty good. It's challenging, but not impossible nor too easy.

thanks
 The_One
10-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
I think we'll probably keep the shields at 100, and if we can get a shield supercharge power up in the future, we'll make that go to 200 and then tick down to 100. We've got enough shield pickup items throughout the levels to maintain a good shield level for most of the areas of the level. Game play balance has been something we've been tweaking heavily in the last few weeks, and I think we have it pretty good. It's challenging, but not impossible nor too easy.

thanks

Yeah, I think we have the gameplay balance pretty tight. I remember the time a couple of months ago when I got killed by a remote :rolleyes: We've come along quite a bit since then, and I think new gamers will find it challenging enough - and DF veterans will have to think a bit more tactically ;)
 Gen. Armageddon
10-20-2004, 12:33 PM
I personally am not mad from waiting for the demo (maybe anxious, expectantly waiting, itching, DYING PLEASE HURRY!!!!!!!), aahem anyway if your not going to raise the shields to 200 which I think they should be (on easy at LEAST) , at least make the enemies easier to kill or less accurate cus it should be still easy enough on EASY and if someone wants it harder ther can play it on harder difficulty levels, my main reasoning for this request is that I want the dark troopers to still be beatable without having to reload the savegame 100s of times but still have the assault cannon being able to kill most common enemies(stormies, officers, maybe even commandos) with 1 shot. Also the assault cannon was one of my favourite(if not my absolute favourite) weapons in the whole DF/JK series.
 Kurgan
10-22-2004, 1:05 AM
I think they probably can't change it in SP, lacking an SDK, but in MP it wouldn't be so difficult. They also can't change the default behavior of the weapons (though I suppose you could mix and match the models and firing modes to make it appear they are different from the default JA weapons just a tad, but you reach a limit).

I was just thinking, this mod could be playable in Coop mode in JA since you can load SP levels in MP. And as long as they don't have a ton of scripting, or an insane number of entities (like the Mutant rancor level), it should be playable. The trick is putting in multiple spawn points to make it easier from the start.

As far as authenticity to the DF formula (with the improved engine) one more reason why using the MP engine would be a good idea... ; )
Page: 1 of 1