Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

get around 3d card req't???

Page: 1 of 1
 pouponfrance
10-19-2004, 6:59 PM
I went cheap and bought the Inspiron 1150 about 4 months ago and it has an internal 64mb video card but it doesn't have the 3D requirement for Battlefront. Does anybody know of a way to get around it, I would really like to play the game on my laptop??
 LoRdNaTaS
10-20-2004, 10:11 PM
I kind of hate to say this but I do not think there is a way of getting around it.. 3D is required and if the card does not have it then you wont be able to play.

Sorry.
 icE_x
11-04-2004, 2:08 PM
yup, i had the same thing in my HP desktop i got from bestbuy. StarWars requires TnL, a 3d feature, to run. The game would NOT run on the 3d card no matter what i did. So i broke down and got an ati 8500 from ebay for 40 bucks, 30 dollars + 10 dollars shipping, pretty good deal if you ask me. Game runs pretty decent, could be better with framerate, etc, but it's better than paying a few hundred for one of the newer cards!

Looks like your stuck though, since laptops are hardly upgradeable (just the ram and hd pretty much). Just get yourself a nice desktop with a decent graphics card, and you'll play most any of the games that are out today. You'll be happy you did trust me :)
Page: 1 of 1