Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

fps :/

Page: 1 of 1
 -[iov]-UltimA
10-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Yo...
ive got big fps problems cause my pc is very bad so i need a lot of commands that make my fps high...i usually have between 20 and 50 fps if 5 players r on the server ...if there r more players the fps r gettin lower and lower so plz tell me a lot of commands and it doenst matter if everything looks wierd ...plz no spamming thx
 Kurgan
10-19-2004, 1:20 AM
20 FPS is bad, but 50 FPS isn't, actually. A constant 30 fps is playable, though most people prefer a steady 60 fps, and this is considered "good" for any game (anymore than that is gravy).

Get the latest stable drivers for your video card & sound card first and the latest stable DirectX for your operating system.

Install the official 1.04 patch (if you haven't already), this may improves things a tiny bit for compatability first off.

Now in setup:

Turn vsync off.

Turn "Shadows" to "simple" (or off).

Turn resolution down to 640x480.

Turn detail to LOW and models to LOW.

Turn depth/textures whatever to 16 bit (instead of 32).

Turn anisotrophic all the way off (all the way to the left I think).

Turn filtering to bilinear instead of trilinear.

Turn sound quality to low and turn off EAX (if it's on).

Turn off Detailed shaders.

Turn off dynamic lights (forget if JK2 has this option or not. If you can't find it, then don't worry).

You can also get a boost by turning on "Simple Items."

There's more but try those first...

If you wish you can also turn off the gun model, force all skins to look the same, and some other stuff, but that starts to make it difficult to play properly.
 acdcfanbill
10-21-2004, 10:31 PM
in the console turn on vertex lighting. it doesnt look as nice, but hey, u get better fps ;)

r_vertexlight 1

i think.

try typeing r_vert and then hit tab to find it.
 shukrallah
11-02-2004, 5:20 PM
r_subdivisions 4-80

4 is really high geometric detail, 80 is really low.

r_picmip 1-16

1 is really high texture detail, 16 is really low.

r_overbrightbits 0 (keep this at zero)

The higher the number the higher the FPS, but the graphic detail is lower.
Page: 1 of 1