Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gold Medal Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue Renegade
04-19-2001, 7:26 PM
Okay, here's a thread for Q&A's regarding tips etc. for getting the gold on BFN.

#1 Is there a short cut on Escape from Theed? I've got everything for gold except 13 seconds! Any tips on cutting down that time?
 Wade Vox
04-22-2001, 9:57 AM
I wish there was...Golds on BfN are near-impossible to get!
 Rogue-for-Higher
04-24-2001, 11:01 AM
Yep, after you save the cap the second time you run in to a droideka and a tank there is a small tunnel before that turn it should cut about 5 secs of and add 5 kills.
 Rogue Renegade
04-26-2001, 4:19 AM
I finally got the gold a few days ago! It was rough, and I got the EXACT time I needed without even a second to spare--whew that was close.

Tips:
1. Do not use "ABVUSEAY" code for guided missiles -- this will slow you down.
2. Save the missiles for the Droidekas in the plaza (first rescue), the bonus area (second rescue), and the final courtyard scene. If you do it right you should have enough (with the UYCZNCAX code) to knock out all the droidekas with missiles--this is a key to the time issue.
3. Don't waste them on the tanks, just get the blaster upgrade & rapid fire upgrade and it'll suffice.
4. Don't bother with the two droidekas you encounter after the first rescue -- they just slow you down.
5. Learn which droids you need for kills and what you can skip -- time is the hardest requirement!
6. For accuracy only shoot when you know you'll hit, otherwise just run over the droids -- they still could towards kills.
7. As was said, take the tunnel!

[This message has been edited by Rogue Renegade (edited April 26, 2001).]
Page: 1 of 1