Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Canderous side quest - light side

Page: 1 of 1
 khollar
10-15-2004, 12:22 PM
I have done the part of this side quest where I talked to Jagi and told him what Canderous did was a smart tactical move. Then Jagi walked away and when I walked toward him, he attacked me. So I left. When I talk to Canderous, he says he has to think about how this affects him. I read some hints somewhere that said I'm supposed to be able to talk to Jagi again, but if I try to go talk to Jagi again, he attacks me. Has anyone done this light side and if so, how do I go about getting Jagi to talk to me again? Do I have to keep talking to Canderous until I trigger something? If so, what would that be?
 Achilles
10-15-2004, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by khollar
I have done the part of this side quest where I talked to Jagi and told him what Canderous did was a smart tactical move. Then Jagi walked away and when I walked toward him, he attacked me. So I left. When I talk to Canderous, he says he has to think about how this affects him. I read some hints somewhere that said I'm supposed to be able to talk to Jagi again, but if I try to go talk to Jagi again, he attacks me. Has anyone done this light side and if so, how do I go about getting Jagi to talk to me again? Do I have to keep talking to Canderous until I trigger something? If so, what would that be? Jagi dies no matter what you do.
But if you want to figure out how to navigate the dialog in such a way that you're not the cause, then I'd recommend checking out the walkthrough that's available at http://www.gamebanshee.com)

Go to the Dune Sea section of Tatooine for a blow-by-blow walkthrough.
 Grishnakh
10-15-2004, 1:05 PM
I don't really get what you mean. If you try to persuade him by telling him what Canderous did was a smart tactical move and it doesn't work he will attack you and you can't talk to him again. If it works however he actually kills himself! Then you can still kill his companions if you want to. So whatever you do Jagi ends up dead anyway.
 Cyborgninja
10-21-2004, 11:10 AM
can u start this quest as soon as u get him
 FiEND_138
10-22-2004, 12:59 AM
For when you get back from your temp ban......

If you mean, right after he 1st joins you on Taris......no.
You need to talk him up to the pointof the Mandalorian wars, or was it after the wars when he went to Taris......bahh the consequences of old age, memories 1st to go...1 of those, then have him with you at a star port to trigger.
 *Yoinked*
10-22-2004, 7:44 AM
It triggers when you talk to him about the Batlle of Altir, where he left Jagi to die! :eek:

and

He dies no matter what, period, end of discussion....
 Achilles
10-22-2004, 8:24 AM
From the Gamebanshee walkthrough:

Canderous' Honor Side Quest:

After listening to enough of Canderous' tales, he'll talk about the time when the Mandalorians fought the Republic, and Revan saved the day. If your journal speaks of Revan, then you've heard enough to trigger this side quest. Walk around the area, and a man named Jagi will approach. He'll blame Canderous for what he did during the battle, and challenge him to a duel on Tatooine. To finish the quest, you'll need to go to the Dune Sea (#10) location on Tatooine to trigger the duel. See the above link for details.

and...

Jagi Encounter:
Jagi and a couple of thugs will only show up if you've received Canderous Ordo's Side Quest. See Jedi Enclave (#2): "Canderous' Honor Side Quest" for details on how to get it started. When Jagi appears, he'll initiate conversation and begin blaming Canderous for things in the past. Fighting Jagi is easy - simply select the conversation topic to fight. You can also, however, persuade Jagi and Canderous to sort of come to terms with the past. Here's how.

The first chance you have, say, "I think you both need to calm down." This will get the ball rolling. Ask Canderous why he needs to fight Jagi. Then persuade Jagi that what he did was a smart tactical move. Next tell Jagi, when you have the chance, that Canderous may have saved other lives by doing what he did. After this, Jagi will not fight your party, but you'll be left with the two angry rodians. You'll receive 1800xp and Canderous will be affected by what happened. That concludes Canderous Ordo's side quest. Much later in the game, he may say more to you, but this is as far as you get with this side story.
 Sivy
10-22-2004, 8:42 AM
Originally posted by Achilles

The first chance you have, say, "I think you both need to calm down." This will get the ball rolling. Ask Canderous why he needs to fight Jagi. Then persuade Jagi that what he did was a smart tactical move. Next tell Jagi, when you have the chance, that Canderous may have saved other lives by doing what he did. After this, Jagi will not fight your party, but you'll be left with the two angry rodians. You'll receive 1800xp and Canderous will be affected by what happened.

i've tried that many times but have never pulled it off. i'm guessing you must have a really high persuade level to do it.
 Achilles
10-22-2004, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by Sivy
i've tried that many times but have never pulled it off. i'm guessing you must have a really high persuade level to do it. Looking at the dialog file, it appears that you do need to have the highest of the three persuasion categories to pull that off :(
 Cyborgninja
10-27-2004, 4:10 PM
can u use force perusade:confused:
 DarthBuzzard
10-27-2004, 4:30 PM
Yes, but all it does is make Jagi angry and Canderous too, and you fight anywayS.
 Cyborgninja
10-28-2004, 10:59 AM
oh ya they are mandorilans(spell) is guess so it won't work on them thanxs for saving me some trouble.
 Grishnakh
11-20-2004, 5:40 AM
It does work on Jagi if you have dominate mind but then Canderous interferes and the battle begins anyway.
 Cyborgninja
11-20-2004, 9:07 AM
Originally posted by Grishnakh
It does work on Jagi if you have dominate mind but then Canderous interferes and the battle begins anyway.

yeah he is always saying how amazimg it is on who my weak minded people in the galaxy
 Grishnakh
11-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah, but the thing with dominate mind is that it works on the strong-minded as well! :dev7:
Page: 1 of 1