Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Was Captain Needa Incompetent?

Page: 1 of 1
 TK-8252
10-14-2004, 7:23 PM
I was watching ESB... and I can't help but feel sorry for Captain Needa.

I mean, it wasn't his fault that the Falcon escaped! Needa was very mature and responsible to take the blame for his crew. Hell, instead of apologizing to Vader, I'd have gotten on that shuttle and blasted to the other side of the galaxy!

Even after Admiral Piett "failed" Vader twice, nothing happened to him! I guess Needa just found Vader in a bad mood. :(
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-14-2004, 7:34 PM
Vader doesn't like to kill Admirals unless there is someone nearby to promote
 RedHawke
10-14-2004, 8:27 PM
Actually, I believe, at least I read it somewhere before, (I know that sounds weak) Vader killed Captain Needa because he was a loyal follower of Admiral Ozzel's and he needed an excuse to rid himself of Needa after executing Admiral Ozzel for his failure at Hoth.

Or it was just to show us how much an evil being Vader was. :D
 Rogue15
10-14-2004, 8:39 PM
he prolly called the dark lord a 'sorry lord vader'
 ET Warrior
10-14-2004, 8:51 PM
He was probably just feeling pissy at that moment. We all know Anakin was prone to emotional outbursts and was pretty whiney :D
 coupes.
10-14-2004, 9:05 PM
If you listen to the audio commentary of the ESB DVD I beleive they talk about this. Basically Vader is just too pissed to even bother choking the guy.
 Kain
10-14-2004, 9:35 PM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
If you listen to the audio commentary of the ESB DVD I beleive they talk about this. Basically Vader is just too pissed to even bother choking the guy.

Man and I thought Jar-Jar was proof if Lucas' idiocy. Too angry to choke someone...using your anger.:confused:

I think they just tired of hiring new people:D
 coupes.
10-14-2004, 9:45 PM
Well actually, I didn't choose my words correctly. I watched this scene again and Lucas says "he's to upset to even bother with his subordinates". He also says it's not just hate anymore, now that his son is involved, that there is a conflict, etc.
Page: 1 of 1