Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help Setting Up remote Dedicated Server

Page: 1 of 1
 mitch6600
10-14-2004, 3:31 PM
I am posting this message with the hope that someone will help me with my problem. I am disabled and confined to my home so I don’t have much outside contact with people. I spend most of my time on my computer playing games, when I am feeling well enough to do so. I have a small remote server that I lease to host my own games on since I do not have enough bandwidth on my cable connection from home to do so. I have been able in the past to set up my own server images for Spearhead, Breakthrough & Call of Duty but when this game cam out I wanted to try something different from a WWll game environment. I have been trying to set up my own dedicated server so I and some of friends that play the other games with me can try this one. For some reason I can not seem to get this game setup on my Windows 2003 server. I have downloaded both the dedicated server patch and the update patch for the game. My server has 5 IP addresses and is a Windows 2003 server platform. I have reached the limits of what I know how to do with this game and I need help. I would be willing to pay someone if it does not cost too much to have them set up 1 server for me on my game server. I am on disability and I can not afford the cost to rent game servers for all the different games that I play and there are quite a few, since this is how I spend most of my time. Anyway I don’t know what else to say but if there is some one out there that knows how to set up this server and is willing to do so I can pay you if it does not cost too much. If you can help and are willing to do so please email me at mitch66@zoomtown.com or post a reply to my post so we can get together. I have Team Speak & Ventrilo so if you are willing to do this let me know and we can set up a time to talk and work out the details. I don’t expect some one to do this for nothing all I can say is that I will pay you if I can afford what you want to charge me.

Thank you
Mitch
Looking for some help:(
 [RNGD]Tyrant
10-15-2004, 11:36 AM
did you read the FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136279)?)

the troubleshooting section recommends installing Direct X9.

Most dedicated servers do not require DX, but we all know that SWBF is not like other games

hope that helps
 phaethon
10-15-2004, 11:56 AM
If you like you can come by our forums and we can help ya out

www.gaming-freaks.net)
Page: 1 of 1