Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JO Multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkJedi99
10-13-2004, 5:47 PM
Probably heard this more than likely once but, I just recently got Jedi Outcast(would've bought it years ago if my computer could handle it) and I was frankly blown away. So I decided I'd try multiplayer and see if anybody was playing and not surprisingly no servers popped up. Maybe this is an error or is it just everybody has moved on to Jedi Academy? I have a 56k, which I'm not sure works for multiplayer but I think it does work for multiplayer.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-14-2004, 10:50 AM
At this moment there are 360 servers with 834 players (humans and bots) playing Jedi Outcast.

Make sure you have updated to version 1.04 if it didn't come that way already. Start the multiplayer game, open your console (Shift and ~) and enter "/version" without the quotes. It should say 1.04. If it isn't, download the 1.04 patch from www.lucasfiles.com) or www.jk2files.com).

If you still can't see any servers, your firewall or router is probably keeping the game from accessing the Internet. Disable your firewall or tell it to let the game communicate with the Internet. You might have to open up ports 28060-28063 and 28070-28081 on your router, if you have one.

And many many players play both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy online with dialup. When you can finally see the servers, sort the list by ping from lowest to highest and stick with servers that have a low ping.

By the way, you will find that some servers have weird "rules" such as you can't attack someone who is standing around with their saber turned off. They will "punish" you if you don't comply with their "rules". Those rules are made-up and not official. I avoid servers like that. You will find that Capture the Flag (CTF) and Duel servers are generally free of made-up added-on "rules", although most duelers demand that you make a "bow" movement before you begin :rolleyes:
 Samuel Dravis
10-14-2004, 1:12 PM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
By the way, you will find that some servers have weird "rules" such as you can't attack someone who is standing around with their saber turned off. They will "punish" you if you don't comply with their "rules". Those rules are made-up and not official. I avoid servers like that. You will find that Capture the Flag (CTF) and Duel servers are generally free of made-up added-on "rules", although most duelers demand that you make a "bow" movement before you begin :rolleyes: [/B] No kidding. Don't go to them; you'll just get angry. ;) And then you'll get kicked.
 DarkJedi99
10-17-2004, 5:15 PM
Thanks! I'll be having some real fun with multiplayer hehe...
 FiEND_138
10-18-2004, 1:22 AM
Or you could not patch to 1.04 ,& stay in 1.02 ,& not have to worry about as many servers being raped by the made up rules or being punished by admin hax.....
 DarkJedi99
10-18-2004, 5:28 AM
Too late for that. Oh well, I had fun playing last night.
 FiEND_138
10-18-2004, 6:33 AM
& thats all that matters. :)
Page: 1 of 1