Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which version of Max Rebo Band is better?

Page: 1 of 1
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Just curious about which version people like. I think that the original was much better, but I doubt everyone does.
 El Sitherino
10-10-2004, 12:09 AM
I like the special edition music number.

I'm biased though, asian twi'lek = hot @_@
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-10-2004, 12:20 AM
I got very used to the old one over the years, so the new one is just, unsettling to me.
 RedHawke
10-10-2004, 2:24 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I like the special edition music number.

I'm biased though, asian twi'lek = hot @_@

I second that! :D And yes she is pretty hot! :naughty:
 El Sitherino
10-10-2004, 2:48 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I got very used to the old one over the years, so the new one is just, unsettling to me. same here, but when I saw the SE's in the theatre in 97, I practically went ape****. <_< then again, I've always been a fan of musicals.
 Jan Gaarni
10-10-2004, 5:50 AM
Personally, it was an improvement if you ask me. :)

There was no number to speak of really in the first place. ;)
 Kurgan
10-10-2004, 3:40 PM
It's true, the original stuff wasn't fully there. I had the soundtrack album on vinyl LP (that's a "record" for you old schoolers), still do. I listened to "Lapti Nek" quite a few times back in the day... never memorized it, but it was cooler than "Jedi Rocks" by far.

I never knew what alien music sounded like, but it sounded fine to me (though I hear it's pretty cheesey if translated into english).

In the scene as is it was simply more "serious." Jedi Rocks tries to be funny in the middle of Jabba murdering somebody, which I guess is black comedy that Lucas was shooting for, I dunno.

When I first saw it I was pissed, but now I'm just ambivalent. He says he always wanted to do more than what was there...

Sy Snootles looks like such a cartoon in the 1997 Edition and wasn't updated in the 2004. But it's passabe I guess. The loss of the Ewok song was worse than this.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-10-2004, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
The loss of the Ewok song was worse than this.

Very true.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-11-2004, 12:26 PM
a moment of silence for the ewoks please
 Jan Gaarni
10-12-2004, 6:34 AM
Agreed, the loss of the Ewok song was a worse hit.

First time I heard the new "music-number" in Jabba's palace (the new one), sitting in the theater, I thought it, well, rocked. :)

But, for some reason, it sounded much better when I sat in the theater than when I sit at home. :p
 Prime
10-12-2004, 6:42 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
In the scene as is it was simply more "serious." Which is why I liked the original.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-12-2004, 6:43 AM
yes, the new ones are actually kinda cheesy, no offense GL
Page: 1 of 1