Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

vehicles...

Page: 1 of 1
 JediMasterEd
08-01-2001, 9:31 PM
what vehicles do you think will be in Galactic battlegrounds
 Darth_Rommel
08-01-2001, 10:01 PM
Well, maybe AT-ATS, but there not confirmed to be in the game yet. j/k ;)
 DarthTenor
08-01-2001, 10:07 PM
AT ATs for sure. I wouldn't doubt that. Also most likely snow/land speeders tie fighters x-wings. THe list could go on. Can't wait.

:atat: :snow: :naboo:
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 10:24 PM
the actually said units that we've never seen before are going to be in the game (i.e. from that star wars essentials to vehicles and vessels). most, if not all, of the biggies from the movies should be there.......
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
the actually said units that we've never seen before are going to be in the game (i.e. from that star wars essentials to vehicles and vessels). most, if not all, of the biggies from the movies should be there.......
So you think we're gonna see the Amphibion? Thats my favorite! ;)
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 11:26 PM
ehh, i didn't exactly say that, but you never know!
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 11:32 PM
Well the Amphibion is in the essentials....:)
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 12:17 AM
yeah
 Evaders99
08-02-2001, 2:20 AM
hmm, wonder if they'll have some secondary abilities like in FC...
Tow cable those AT-ATs, disable with ion cannons, infiltrate those AT-STs

heck - they might use the Rebel vehicles from FC, or make up their own
 RogueJedi86
08-02-2001, 3:17 AM
They do carryover those rebel vehicles. Look at the screenshots and you see the tank used by the rebs and the transports and stuff have the same narrow sleek design and the same shaped and styled 'winshields'. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the at-aa. In fact the vehicle I want them to put in the most is the MT-AT(mountain terrain armored transport;just imagine a mechanical 60 foot high spider). It looks so friggin cool. And I'd like to see the various other Trade Fed vehicles and wookie vehicles and the gungan vehicles/creatures. Heck,I wanna see all the vehicles in a big free for all in a screenshot for us to see. now THAT'd be cool.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 4:15 AM
if you look at the screenshots posted so far, you can put up a long list of vehicles already.

gungans will have subs, yeah.. and bird-like fighter-type vehicles.
and flying whales (sort-of)...

just creativity i guess
 JediMasterEd
08-02-2001, 2:29 PM
i wonder of they will allow you to build some of the bigger craft. Corellian Corvettes possably?
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 5:08 PM
those are roughly the same size as transports, and i HAVE seen transports.

you know, Rebellion had a good list of aircraft that could be nice for this game. like the Rebel Correllian Gunship. Small but effective against fighters..
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by edwardc87
i wonder of they will allow you to build some of the bigger craft. Corellian Corvettes possably?

We don't need to have that disscussion again :D

Anyways, i definately think that they should post a "tech tree" on their website or something, that would be great, and it would give us alot to talk about.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 5:28 PM
those are typically things that can be changed at the last minute...

it's probably safer for them to post a units- and buildings-list, as well as a glimpse into the different modes of play.
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 7:49 PM
What, units aren't normally changed at the last minute, small features and other tweaks are done at the last minute, usually.
 JediMasterEd
08-02-2001, 10:33 PM
they could at least give us a heads up on what units to expect
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by edwardc87
they could at least give us a heads up on what units to expect
Yeah, the game comes out soon you'd at think that we would know what units are in the game. Sure we know *some* but we should know ALL by this time.
 JediMasterEd
08-02-2001, 11:05 PM
you know lucasarts! they like to keep these things "secret":mad:
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 4:08 AM
...but i don't think they'll try to keep the secrecy for GB in the same category as, say, an Episode 2.
After all, you want to get people excited after a rather disappointing RTS. So you let them know what they can expect.
I think the reason a unit-list hasn't been posted yet, was that the art wasn't completed yet. Now it is, so it shouldn't be long now..
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 1:19 PM
I think that most of the art is finished, after all, they are testing the game already.

BTW, LEC didn't keep any "secrets" about FOCom, they had a complete unit list a while before the release.
Page: 1 of 1