Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan Items (upgradeable) Available

Page: 1 of 1
 ChAiNz.2da
10-08-2004, 3:44 PM
* Click For Important Note About Mod Permissions * (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2853385&postcount=15)

Greets all!

Long time lurker, first time modder/poster... First off, I'd like to thank everyone on this community. Everyone seems to be genuinely helpful and VERY talented. Without people like you, I don't think I would've even 'attempted' to try to mod. Which brings me to the matter at hand.

My first mod :D

I had actually posted it yesterday (the 7th), but COMPLETELY forgot to give it a mention in here..doh! I've seen others do this and thought it'd be a much better way on getting some feedback.

you can download it here:

Revan's Items by ChAiNz (http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/23) at NEXUS
Revan's Items by ChAiNz (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/85-revan-items/) at Deadly Stream
Revan's Items by ChAiNz (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=830) at LucasFiles
Revan's Items by ChAiNz (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Revans_Items;66228) at FileFront
Revan's Items by ChAiNz (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/RevanItems.htm) at my site

Being my first, I'm eager to hear what everyone thinks (good & bad).

I know the content is probably worn to the bone (Revan's hood-mask-cape Robe), but I wanted to try a mod out on something I really like in the game so neener neener. :p

There's also some custom Sabers in there to boot (everything in the mod is upgradeable BTW). To keep 'some' storyline to it, each item has their own description and 3 different placeable locations that YOU choose where to find them (included datapads in-game to help explain why you happen to find said items at said place).

**note** if you use a placeable, you'll need to load all 3 items in your override directory: robes, lightsaber, doublesaber. Otherwise, you might get the dreaded null-grenade (or crash).

++Can anyone verify this, if you list all 3 items in your *.utp file??++

Since 'too' powerful is a very subjective topic, most of the stats for the items can be avoided by not opting to upgrade. Even so, with Talchia's (http://home.t-online.de/home/Talchia/english.html) Hardcore mod installed, you may think twice ;)

Once again...thanks everyone. I hope to mod some more in the future. And PLEASE read the included readme file, most of my more 'specific' thank you's are in there!

I only hope it (modding) is going to be somewhat similar in Kotor2 now that I've got an appetite for it ;)

-ChAiNz-

[EDIT]
THANKS to Sith Lord, for causing me to go back and re-read my *OWN* readme. I apparently made a typo and accidentally put the wrong console code for the single-bladed lightsaber. Here are the PROPER codes until I can repost my mod with the correct information. I'm sorry to everyone that may have encountered this prob using the console! And thank you Sith Lord for keeping me on my feet. Note to modders...double check your readme's hehe

Revan's Robes = revan_mod_robes
Revan's Lightsaber = g_w_lghtsbr25
Revan's Dbl-saber = g_w_dblsbr025

[EDIT]
Uploaded a new version 1.1 with the revised readme (and the link to the file above in this post is updated). Talk about insta-wakeup, I don't think I'll need coffee for a week! :headbump
 Lucied
10-09-2004, 6:46 AM
i really like the saber but hears a idea make a New revans saber using malaks saber model

^^^^
I actually did this request many moons ago, but since I'm here.. you can find the mod here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=138143) :D ~ ChAiNz.2da
 Glamador
10-09-2004, 10:17 AM
WOW! I love it! That new saber color and crystal icon are da ****!
 Raveth
10-09-2004, 11:24 AM
...Well To Be Honest Actually That Is Some Dam Nice Work Keep Up The Good Work Man :)
 Darth_Revan316
11-19-2005, 8:42 PM
OK, i just downloaded this and it won't work. I type in the code and nothing happens. I put them all in the override folder. Whats wrong?
 Darth_Volkan
02-01-2006, 6:45 PM
This is a piece of art. Hard to believe this is your first mod,you have talent :blast5:
 Jackel
02-01-2006, 10:33 PM
This is a piece of art. Hard to believe this is your first mod,you have talent :blast5:
Mate you should check the date this was originally posted

10-09-2004 07:44 AM
 ChAiNz.2da
02-02-2006, 9:15 AM
Mate you should check the date this was originally posted

10-09-2004 07:44 AM
It's a mod discussion & feedback thread.. time/date stamp doesn't matter ;)

@Darth_Volkan Thank you for the comments.. but I wouldn't necessarily call it a "work of art" hehehe.. pretty basic stuff, imo.. but hey, I always like positive feedback :D
 Bob Lion54
02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
I must say, its kinda cool seeing your first KotOR mod. I don't think I ever saw this since it was posted before I joined.

Cools items though. I might have to use this if I play K1 again.

*contemplates searching for some of the other older members first mods/post...... relizes hes too lazy.*
 ChAiNz.2da
02-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I must say, its kinda cool seeing your first KotOR mod. I don't think I ever saw this since it was posted before I joined.

Cools items though. I might have to use this if I play K1 again.

*contemplates searching for some of the other older members first mods/post...... relizes hes too lazy.*
The first post was also my very 1st post on LF Forums too ;) :D

* breaks out in chorus *

"Memory,
All alone in the moonlight,
I can smile at the old days.
I was beautiful then.
I remember the time
I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again. "

:lol: :xp:
 Dagohir
02-11-2006, 6:32 PM
I can't get it to work. I extracted the files to the Override folder but it still won't work.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-11-2006, 6:40 PM
I can't get it to work. I extracted the files to the Override folder but it still won't work.
When you're extracting the files, make sure you only pick one of the folders for the placeables "set"... (in the readme ;) )

Drop the files (not the folder) into your override directory.. also, make sure you're playing K1 :D

The items will only spawn on the first time you enter an area.. make sure depending on what placeable set you're using.. that you haven't already been to that part of the game before...
 Dagohir
02-11-2006, 7:20 PM
Oh. So I'm already up to to Kashyyyk, And the placeable is Nemo's body. so it won't work?
 ChAiNz.2da
02-11-2006, 8:55 PM
Oh. So I'm already up to to Kashyyyk, And the placeable is Nemo's body. so it won't work?
Unfortunately no... :( You would've had to install the mod before you entered the Starmap Cave on Dantooine...

The 3 placeable sets were either the Taris Undercity, Taris Sith Governor or Dantooine Nemo Corpse...

It was my first mod, so of course I had to put them in the game way too soon :fist:

However, you can always cheat code them in ;)

giveitem g_w_lghtsbr25 = Revan's Lightsaber
giveitem g_w_dblsbr025 = Revan's Double-Bladed Lightsaber
giveitem revan_mod_robes = Revan's Robes
 Dagohir
02-11-2006, 9:58 PM
Ahh, ok. Thanks.
 Dagohir
02-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I don't exactly know how the giveitem cheats work. Can somone help?
 ChAiNz.2da
02-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't exactly know how the giveitem cheats work. Can somone help? This thread should help :)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119128)
 tedneweb
10-22-2006, 3:15 PM
A message to the creators of the Revan's Items mod:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently downloaded this fine mod for KOTOR and have been enjoying it very much. However (you probably knew that was coming), I do have a few issues/complaints/suggestions to report:

1: I would like to request that a restriction be placed on the Revan's Robes Mod item so that it can only be used by the main character. I realized that a restriction may be needed when I found that I could equip it on Zaalibar.

2: A warning should probably be added to the Readme which states: "Warning: Equipping the Revan's Lightsaber or Revan's Double-Bladed Lightsaber will cause the character holding the item to lose VP whenever a transition is made between areas".

3: I know I'm going to earn a LOT of nasty mail for this one (or at least I think I know it), but I feel that a secondary robe should be added, with mask and hood removed. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the current robes give too much away too fast - far from it - but the total effect of the robes is a little odd to witness, given that no one ever comments on them (and that your feet pass through the cape, but that's just nitpicking).

Well, that's all.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-24-2006, 9:31 AM
A message to the creators of the Revan's Items mod:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently downloaded this fine mod for KOTOR and have been enjoying it very much. However (you probably knew that was coming), I do have a few issues/complaints/suggestions to report:
Greets tedneweb :waive1:

Feedback and suggestions are always welcomed, so need to "Fear my Wrath".. hehehe

1) Normally, I'd definitely do this since I only found out recently (read a few months back in all honesty) that I had made the .uti in such a way that practically anyone could wear the darn thing. The only problem is that when I had "attempted" such a venture, I got swamped with PM's and e-mails asking me to keep it the way it was since there are a few people that *gasp* don't like Zalbaar 'as-is'. This gave them an option, albeit a little odd imo, but I wasn't about to question a player's preference.. hehehe.

So, I pretty much adopted the mantra "don't equip the robe on anyone you don't want wearing it". I'm kinda stuck in a catch22 situation with this, I hope you understand :)

2) Hmm, now that's something new. I'll definitely look into it and Thank You for the heads up. I had never really noticed that VP dropped, but I also tend to have a regeneration implant on my main character (lame yeah I know, sue me :xp: hehehe ). I'll definitely check it out though :D

3) I didn't do this mainly because there are already Star Forge robes in the game. Granted, they're not available to nearly the end of the game, but because there are other mods that offer these robes, in a much better form I might add, I didn't want to re-create the wheel since there are already some very fine mods that do this :) Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the stiff cape. Whoever figures that little gem out will be a hero amongst us KotOR players and modders.. hehehe..

However these are all great suggestions, and I as well as other modders always look for good, honest and constructive feedback such as what you've posted. You're an example to all imo ;)
 Darth Cyvan
12-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Can anyone help me with the revan armor in game mod in KOTOR1?!
 ChAiNz.2da
12-21-2006, 10:51 AM
What's the problem you're having? I'll try to help as best I can :)
 Stronghold
04-01-2007, 7:24 PM
Hey I'm just wondering if any of Revan's Items in the Mod will replace the default items that are already in the placable areas. I know your items are way cooler than the default ones but I like to collect every item I can possibly get in the game. Its kinda silly but its a sort of a habit I have with most of the RPGs I play and I find that it completes the RPG as a whole and fills in alot of the story.

Please Reply

Stronghold
 ChAiNz.2da
05-03-2007, 1:31 PM
Hey I'm just wondering if any of Revan's Items in the Mod will replace the default items that are already in the placable areas. I know your items are way cooler than the default ones but I like to collect every item I can possibly get in the game. Its kinda silly but its a sort of a habit I have with most of the RPGs I play and I find that it completes the RPG as a whole and fills in alot of the story.

Please Reply

Stronghold
It shouldn't replace anything.. I always try to leave default stuff alone.. but I think the only thing in the particular corpse that's worth anything is the Rakghoul serum (which is still there).

If you're talking about the other placeables.. no, I haven't touched any of the normal items.. just added my junk to them :D

(yeah, I know it's late.. but just in case anyone else was wondering) ;)
 DreadWizardDM
05-03-2007, 6:08 PM
Hello chainz, I just want to say that I think your mods are really cool. I do have one minor request concerning them though. Is it possible you can update them to use TSLpatcher by chance? I have so many mods downloaded that without using the patcher I end up with a ton of mod conflicts.
 ChAiNz.2da
05-04-2007, 5:13 AM
Hello chainz, I just want to say that I think your mods are really cool. I do have one minor request concerning them though. Is it possible you can update them to use TSLpatcher by chance? I have so many mods downloaded that without using the patcher I end up with a ton of mod conflicts.
Definitely on my "to-do" list :)

I had a similar request on my website's comments.. so it seems to be something that people are wanting (and I couldn't agree more). The Patcher just makes things so much easier.. so it's a priority when I get back into the groove :D

Hopefully when RL agrees with my spare time I'll be able to make this happen.. new job tasks keep me busier than I had anticipated, but I'm slowly whipping the crew into shape :whip1: hehehe...
 DreadWizardDM
05-04-2007, 2:51 PM
Definitely on my "to-do" list :)

I had a similar request on my website's comments.. so it seems to be something that people are wanting (and I couldn't agree more). The Patcher just makes things so much easier.. so it's a priority when I get back into the groove :D

Hopefully when RL agrees with my spare time I'll be able to make this happen.. new job tasks keep me busier than I had anticipated, but I'm slowly whipping the crew into shape :whip1: hehehe...

Awesome!!

I can feel ya about the work thing lol, I have 3 computers sitting here right now and a rack in front of me that im working on all at the same time while posting this haha. Its weird how I can handlie this stuff but cannot mod / program to save my own arse hehe. Anyways thanks man and I look forward to any new mods you do.
 Miles Edgeworth
05-28-2007, 2:58 PM
Just downloaded this, it's really great! :thmbup1:
 Mega Steve
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Very cool item set! My only complaint is about VP loss with the sabers. I'm forgetful about it and will go through several zones before I notice that I'm halfway dead. I guess I need a implant myself :)
 correllian_thug
09-18-2007, 11:05 PM
I know its a late reply, but this is awesome!
 Darth Manus
01-18-2008, 6:16 PM
I have two questions though. First of all, does this have the infamous lightning coming out of feet issue? (And if so, will Kristy Kistic's fix solve it?) Also, would it be possible for you to make another version of the placeables so the items will show up in the Leviathan after the revelation scene, or maybe in the temple in the Unknown World? Since I'm doing a recorded playthrough of KOTOR, I'll definitely be trying this out.
 DeadYorick
01-18-2008, 9:31 PM
What I would recommend for you chainz is to create a Revan model without the cape. Since if you did I would download it straight away
Page: 1 of 1