Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

You Favourite Cutscenes

Page: 1 of 1
 El Virus
10-06-2004, 8:08 AM
Hi, I'm pretty sure this has been posted before, but still I want to know which are your favourite cutscenes of GF.
Here are my choices: (Not in order)
-When Hector shoots Don Copal
-The cutscene where he shoots Manny
-Lola's death
-The end of the game
-The beginning of year 2
-Beginning of year 3
-Bogen arresting Terry
-Bogen shutting down Calavera cafй
-When Olivia picks Manny up on the car, and shows him Salva's skull.
 neon_git
10-06-2004, 10:27 AM
my favourite is the cutscene where sal is taking manny out to the petrified forrest.

i think it's the first cutscene in GF that really made me sit back and go wow. the music is great, the way it changes when manny says "love? love is for the living sal" is perfect and to finish off there's that beautiful view down on the pair of them from the top of the ladder.

i just think it's the dogs.
 El Virus
10-06-2004, 11:30 AM
That's an amazing cutscene too, I was going to include it, but then I realised that my list was too long.
 Sallim
10-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by neon_git
my favourite is the cutscene where sal is taking manny out to the petrified forrest.

i think it's the first cutscene in GF that really made me sit back and go wow. the music is great, the way it changes when manny says "love? love is for the living sal" is perfect and to finish off there's that beautiful view down on the pair of them from the top of the ladder.

i just think it's the dogs.

Very great cutscene! One of my favorites ;) But I love the " Sal with guest" cutscene where Manny get intodruce to the " club" ;)

Yeah Iam kinda a Sal-fan ...
many great cutscene left of course...

Arthur
 El Virus
10-06-2004, 12:58 PM
I think that is one of the reasons this game is so good, the cutscenes are great they have good music and good graphics.:D
 JofaGuht
10-06-2004, 2:57 PM
Domino getting crushed by the coral crushers. I loved Domino, and his final moment was great, and was probably more cinematic that Hector's end.

Ths sub-villians in GF were more than just Hector's minoins, they were all villains in themselves, especially Dom.
 anomalousresult
10-06-2004, 4:38 PM
It's really hard to pick one cut-scene, much like it's it's hard to pick one favourite scene from your favourite film (yes i'm from the uk in case anyone was questioning my spelling of favourite, well i might still be spelling it wrong but never mind).

neon hit the nail on the head, that scene brought together all the best elements of a film, brilliant music, fantastic animation and direction there-of with a brilliant script. to be honest i can't think of a bad cut-scene though. my ultimate fave though has to be the one where (spoiler? has anybody not completed the game yet?) everyone returns by uber-train from glottis' design, fantastic imo. or the one where glottis rambles on about something like "before, we scurried around like rats, manny, but now, now we soar like eagles, like eagles on pogo sticks!"

edit: oh and opeth rock my effing world dude who posted before me, and i am drunk and wouldn't have mentioned if i wasn't... probably.
 Kloreep
10-06-2004, 9:32 PM
I'm sure I'm forgetting some here, but:

-Sal taking Manny through the tunnel to the Petrified Forest :b:
-Lola's death
-Both cutscenes at the end of year 3 (Domino running the sub in to them, then him fighting Manny and eventually getting ground up)
-The scene at the train station where Manny jump's in to Olivia's car and sees what's left of Sal
-Manny scything up the grass around Sal's body
-Very end of the game, with the departure of the Number 9 in to the ninth underworld
 morshem
10-06-2004, 11:31 PM
The final cutscene, without a doubt.

Makes me cry every single time.
 VampireNaomi
10-07-2004, 7:32 AM
Here are my favourites:

- Domino being crushed by a coral crusher (my poor favourite character! :( )

- Manny spends a year in Rubacava (reminds me of Casablanca)

- Sal takes Manny out of El Marrow

- Manny finds Sal's body
 James Isaac
10-07-2004, 11:24 AM
In no particular order, here are my favourites:

-Beginning of Year 2
-Domino getting killed by the coral crushers (and the one that goes before it)
-Number Nine jumps it's tracks
-The one where Manny sees Sal's head.
 El Virus
10-07-2004, 2:33 PM
Seem slike Domino getting crushed is a very popular cutscene, after all it's an excelent animation.
 morshem
10-07-2004, 3:47 PM
Yeah, I also liked it :)
 El Virus
10-09-2004, 8:16 AM
Another great Cutscene, which was mentioned before is the one where Manny "digs" Salva's body.
 Sanspoof
10-09-2004, 8:46 AM
It's difficult to pick a favourite cutscene, as all (And yes, I mean all. ALL of them) were incredible to watch, but I'd have to say my favourite is when The Number Nine jumps its tracks and leaps into hell
 El Virus
10-09-2004, 11:35 AM
That was a nice one too, but I didn't like it too much, its great anyway.
 VampireNaomi
10-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Sanspoof
It's difficult to pick a favourite cutscene, as all (And yes, I mean all. ALL of them) were incredible to watch, but I'd have to say my favourite is when The Number Nine jumps its tracks and leaps into hell

I would have loved that if Nick hadn't been in the train.
 morshem
10-10-2004, 9:06 AM
Why? This is actually the reason I do like it :p
 Sallim
10-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by morshem
Why? This is actually the reason I do like it :p

Same here, becaus ehe deserved it, for what he did to poor lola!
 El Virus
10-10-2004, 1:33 PM
Nick was a nice character (not one of my favourites, but I liked him), though I really hated the fact that he killed Lola as well.
Anyway, I'm not such a fan of that cutscene.:D
 VampireNaomi
10-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Sallim
Same here, becaus ehe deserved it, for what he did to poor lola!

Well... *tries to come up with a good argument*

I didn't really like Lola. She was uninteresting. *hides*
 Sallim
10-11-2004, 3:39 AM
Originally posted by VampireNaomi
Well... *tries to come up with a good argument*

I didn't really like Lola. She was uninteresting. *hides*

I see ypur point...
Youґre jealous ^_^
 El Virus
10-11-2004, 9:42 AM
It's a shame we don't get to see Lola again, she was nice. I felt sorry for Toto Santos, when he starts talking about her.
By the way, jealous of what?
 Sallim
10-11-2004, 12:00 PM
I can say in secret that I believe, Naomi have some feelings for Nick. More there I belive for every woman another woman ( if she wants the same man ) is an "enemy " ^_^

So I hope you see my point...
I should have written " were jealous " maybe..

ahh dotn read the crap, sorry ^_^

I said something stupid, i know, but I dont hide myself! I will try harder to be a nice guy.
 El Virus
10-11-2004, 4:23 PM
It's okay.
She just likes Nick, such as I like those arrogant revolutinaries at the B.Casket or Membrillo, or someone likes Glottis, etc.
:D
 VampireNaomi
10-13-2004, 9:09 AM
Originally posted by Sallim
I can say in secret that I believe, Naomi have some feelings for Nick. More there I belive for every woman another woman ( if she wants the same man ) is an "enemy " ^_^

So I hope you see my point...
I should have written " were jealous " maybe..

ahh dotn read the crap, sorry ^_^

I said something stupid, i know, but I dont hide myself! I will try harder to be a nice guy.

lol Actually I have secret feelings for Domino! He's my baby. Nick is taken and I don't want to fight Olivia for him.

Why would I be jealous of Lola anyway? I don't like the idea of Nick shooting me. :p
 Sallim
10-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by VampireNaomi
lol Actually I have secret feelings for Domino! He's my baby. Nick is taken and I don't want to fight Olivia for him.

Why would I be jealous of Lola anyway? I don't like the idea of Nick shooting me. :p

At least I knew parts of it ^_^

Yeah yeah...ppl...
 El Virus
10-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Wow, I had heard about people who fell in love with strange things, but with a skeleton, that is a new one!
Just kidding :p.
I don't like Domino that much, he was a great villian & character, but on the spanish dub, his voice makes him sound more like one. (I know he is, but it makes it worse)
Note: His voice on the spanish dub, is great, but it is a kind of mock to how my people used to speak.
 VampireNaomi
10-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Heh, I always fall in love with game characters, here's my current list:

Domino (GF)
Brink (The Dig)
Alex (Golden Sun, see my avatar)
Khan (Broken Sword I)
Bucchelli (GK3)

Including Nick on the list wouldn't be that impossible, now that I think about it.
:p

Sallim posted a file with GF scenes in Spanish. Domino had an interesting voice in my opinion.
 Sallim
10-14-2004, 3:27 AM
So Domino, why always the bad guys ?;)

I fall for Anime characters...

21 years old :rolleyes:
 VampireNaomi
10-14-2004, 3:46 AM
I honestly don't know why I find bad guys so attractive. They just are. But I have to admit that at first I had a crush on Manny and only later realised how hot Domino was.
 Sallim
10-14-2004, 6:31 AM
I dont fell in love with manny, but I think the first time you play grimE you just have him. You start to know him, get used to his " dead" the game play all aroung him. After a while you know, he is the main hero but the game have so much other characters. For me it was Sal, I dont have a " fall in love " charater in grimE, but he is the one with who I can identfy with or would like to. Maybe it sounds a bit childish, but this kind of "relations" are everywhere in our lives.

You start to watch ashow and you like this one, reading a book and want to be like the guy / girl in the book.

I dont know why this happen, maybe it humans nature or stuff like that, but for me this is the "one" and best game Ive ever played and this own big world is beautiful.

Its like everybody got his favourite cutscene and thats fine, like everyboday got his beloved character ...

I talk to much, the point is there is so much to like about the game and the great thing is, we can talk about it all over the world in peace.

To say something smart / ontopic at the end.
First time you saw the first cutscene you thought " Weeeee whats this?! " and later while reading the credits at the end, you re just happy.
 El Virus
10-14-2004, 12:29 PM
That thing you say about liking the main character or at least one is kind of true, for example, I was reading The Christmas Train by D. Baldacci (as well as on most of the hundreds of books I have read), & I really liked the main character, it's normal to feel identified with a character, I really like that.
By the way, Dom's voice sounds like Olivia's, they are a form of dialect from my country, but I believe I read a post you wrote, after hearing their voices.
 Captain Gonzo
10-16-2004, 2:11 PM
- Glottis getting excited about enhancing The Bone Wagon after they get back from the Land Of The Living.
- The Bone Wagon is first revealed.
- Year 1/Year 2 transition, just wonderfully put together. This was where it really dawned on me that this was a real masterpiece.
- Lola's death at the lighthouse.
- Nick gets Terry out of jail and Manny punches him.
- Domino's death after Manny wrecks the Octo-Sub.
- Hector takes Manny back to his old office. The moment when he turns round and Manny's got the sprout gun - "My name's Calavera...and I want a bigger cut."
- Manny reaping the grass to find Salvador's body. Very short but the animation and slowed motion, tied in with the music, really made an impact.

I'm sure I've missed several gems, but those ones spring to mind.
 Sally J Limones
10-18-2004, 5:01 PM
My favourites
-Lola's Death. *cries*
-Salvador introducing the LSA, it's just brilliantly delivered. "Like babies, Manuel. Like babies."
-Manny talking to pigeon Salvador, for the same reason as above. What a shocker.
-Manny finding Sal's body, so pretty with all the stars and the flying flowers... and so sad.
-Eva signing the work order. That woman's very cool.
-Nick goes to hell (sorry), I hated the creep.
-EAGLES ON POGO STICKS! That is the funniest line in EXISTANCE!!
-"Does that stand for very inebriated pianist??"
-Manny gets shot. I love it how Manny recites all of Hector's plan: "Are you going to tell me..." and Hector just turns around and shoots him. He's a great villian.
~Sal
Page: 1 of 1