Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question for making OJP Server

Page: 1 of 1
 Bit2k4
10-02-2004, 9:06 AM
Hello again. I'd like to try running OJP as my main mod for my small server. Though, OJP has no .bat file to start a server, or a server.cfg file that would help out with the cmds and such.

Basicly I would like to request a server.bat and server.cfg file of some sort, to start a dedicated server. My server computer has a VERY OLD graphics card and I can not start the game. I always have to use a .bat file.

I would like to request something of ja+'s .bat and .cfg files. Basicly they had a .bat that did something like:

.\jampDed +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 29070 +set fs_game japlus +set com_hunkmegs 64 +set sv_maxclients 20 +exec server.cfg

There are two problems with just editing JA+'s .bat file for OJP
1) I am not sure if you have to put in "OJP Enhanced/Basic" or the actual name like OJP Basic V[blah blah], or what.
2) If I could just change the fs_game to OJP none of the ojp features would be set the way I would like them to be. Meaning it would just load the Base Game's server.cfg and would have no OJP features activated.

I would GREATLY appreciate if you could help me and others who do it this way, out by making a .bat and the server.cfg file with all the ojp features that we can change on the fly by just editing the .cfg! If you have tried JA+ out and have seen their .cfg you would know what I mean by the features and such.

They would have like "jp_hookspeed 100" and you could either leave it at 100 and let the grapple go slow, or you could change it to like, [what i have it set to] 99999999 and make it an INSTANT grapple, which would be: You aim at a place, hit the grapple button, and boom the grapple is already there and your being dragged to the position.

That way you can customize the features/options just in that little .cfg file!

I would greatly appreciate some sort of .bat and .cfg, thank you for reading this, bye.
 razorace
10-02-2004, 9:50 AM
I'm a bit confused as why you need the files.

I'm a bit wary about creating config files since most people don't bother to change them from whatever the creator's specific set up is. For example, a smaller server like yours should definately not be running a 20 player server.

Plus, the linux dedicated doesn't boot up into the actual game anyway and the server settings are normally saved into your user config file for the particular mod when you change them. server.cfgs are usually used to set up special bot configs more than anything.

As for your specific question, you use the name of the mod's folder (in this case "ojpbasic") for your +set fs_game.

In addition, the defualt .so (linux file) in the current OJP package is broken. We have a fixed version but it only seems to work in server/client mode. You're welcome to have it if you're willing to try testing it in server only mode or just want to run a server/client server.
 Bit2k4
10-02-2004, 5:49 PM
To answer your question as to why I need the files, is because there is no other way for me to set a server up, and I only run Windows XP SP2, and I dont use Linux, so i need a .bat file for windows to start up the server. And as I said, I cant start the game cause of my graphics card.

And I already have a server, JA+ server, and it runs 20 players, but as I said its a small server, so no more than 10 players have ever joined my server, but I have had 12 on it and it ran like a dream. But I get your point, and am bringing it down to 13.

Anyway, I was asking for a .cfg becasue usually when i try to start up a mod without the "+exec server.cfg", that should load the mods cfg, it loads the base jka's .cfg and ends up not initializing the mod. And also, like I said with JA+, there are some commands, like in OJP the saber animation speed, I like to have it always set to a certain number, and I am not so great at creating .cfgs myself.

Though I have not tried initiallizing OJP without the server.cfg command, and am trying it as we speak.

If somehow this does work, I am sorry for disturbing you, but I would like to ask for a text file [if there isnt one] that tells me all of the OJP commands and what they do, for I would like to try to make my own .cfg file, or atleast know what I should change.
 Bit2k4
10-02-2004, 6:09 PM
Just tried it, wont work. It doesnt executet he jampconfig.cfg [which isnt in the ojpbasic folder!] As I said, I need a .cfg, and I guess it was the wrong one, but I start up the ja+'s .bat file and it executes the jampconfig.cfg which is in the japlus directory and actually loads the server. But it wont load ojp! I dont need a server.cfg, but i need a jampconfig.cfg and for somereason it wont make a server without one!
 Bit2k4
10-02-2004, 6:17 PM
SCRATCH THAT!

I got it to work! I had to go to my computer I actually play the game on, and copyt he jampconfig.cfg and jaconfig.cfg files into the base folder of my server, then I had to grab the V1.0.1.1 Raven Dedicated Server Patch's server.cfg and put type in the stuff, and throw it into the ojpbasic folder, and it finally loads!

Well gonna go see if its actually OJP cause if it is, Im going to put Enhanced on! ^_^
 Bit2k4
10-02-2004, 6:27 PM
I have a problem!

I connect to the server, it does awaiting screenshot, and it gets into the server, and it says this [just to say I made the server unpure]

WARNING: You are missing some files referenced by the server:
ojpbasic/ojp_basic_006.pk3
You might not be able to join the game
GO to the setting menu to turn on atuodownload, or get the file elsewhere.

Yet it joins the game and I am in it and can play... some help? lol

Thats what it says in Basic and Enhanced.

But when im in enhanced and [of course i know i dont have the .pk3] i throw my saber around a little bit, and then i disconnect and it gives me the cl_parsepacketentities error, but yet in Basic [from what ive done] it worked fairly well!
 razorace
10-04-2004, 9:45 AM
Well, the error is probably ok as long as things work.

Anyway, as for Enhanced, it's a client/server mod only. You have to have the client component running for it to work right.
 Bit2k4
10-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Ah ok, i see.

Well if you would ever like to try Basic out you can ask me to get it up for you.

But if your not interested then ok. Ill just keep it for personal use.
 Bit2k4
10-04-2004, 11:37 AM
I have a questoin about Force Dodge. Is there a way to turn it off? It really just makes it VERY hard to hit your opponent. Any help?
 razorace
10-04-2004, 1:32 PM
what do you mean by trying out Basic?

Anyway, you can't exactly turn off Force Dodge in Enhanced, but you can just increase the dodge regen time to prevent it from regening.
 Bit2k4
10-06-2004, 1:54 PM
i was a little tired when i typed that and i just typed whatever popped into my head, so never mind that.

And thanks for the info, gonna go try to find the command to do that.
 Kurgan
10-06-2004, 6:17 PM
Yeah, keep in mind that BASIC is mainly added options, bug fixes, and tweaks.

Enhanced changes gameplay, hence why everyone has to have it that is joining.

Basic OUGHT to be only server required, but that's the problem now... : (
Page: 1 of 1