Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SWBF Game Stats - Update

Page: 1 of 1
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 10:49 AM
UPDATE:

SWBF GAME STATS: Released
I have released a beta version of this system for all who want it. I will be adding some thing to it in the next week or so.
You can download the system from my web site:

http://www.apocalypce.net)

Any questions or issues that are posted on this board will make over to my site and I will be checking both places for any issues that come up.

Ok well I am running the Alpha tests this weekend and I hope to have the installer and admin tools for the stats completed this weekend. I will have a link to the the alpha test up either tonight or Saturday.

If all goes well this weekend I should be able to release this on Monday.
 [RNGD]Tyrant
10-01-2004, 10:54 AM
thats great news.

i have a couple of questions:
1. is this stats for a single server or a universal system that scans all servers?
2. if it is for a single server will it require a MySQL db?

good work. Its great to see people stepping up and building to tools that will make this game live on.
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Currently this is just a single server stats system. And yes it does require mysql. But I can modify the system to work with just about any DB. If there are other DBs that people want just let me know.
 [RNGD]Tyrant
10-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Just curious, MySQL is fine for me, it sounds like it will be like select(bf)
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Some what but I was limited to what the server would give me for info.. Which is why it would be nice to have useful logs. But I will just have to wait for that.
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 11:23 AM
I will do that... The server status tool is already on lucusfiles.com and I will be putting the stats there as well. I will also check into www.battlefront.net).
 avonnied
10-01-2004, 11:55 AM
looks good..

let me know if you need any help..

i just got done redoing the bfradio.com website so i have some free time now..
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 12:11 PM
cool cool. I will let you know. Right now I am just running some tests to make sure I have all the bugs out.
 [RNGD]Tyrant
10-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LoRdNaTaS
I am just running some tests to make sure I have all the bugs out.

how novel
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 12:47 PM
ok I have to admit I might miss some but I will try
 SteVader
10-01-2004, 1:49 PM
This really is great news - keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts...
 avonnied
10-01-2004, 2:40 PM
LordNatas..

check out

http://www.bfradio.com/utils/SWBFQuery.0.1.tar.gz)

i modularized the query protocol that will make your life easier in the long run.

there is a simple usage.pl that gives basic usage.. there is no install method at this time so you may have to do manual installation (or just use the use lib 'directory'; function.)

it also fixes the bug of player offsets..
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 2:47 PM
thanks I will take a look at.
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 2:56 PM
I think you are right it will make my life easier. I will still release the stats on Monday hopefully but I will release a patch with this system in shortly after..

Thanks
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 8:02 PM
Well here is the alpha version. I have not released it yet I still need to finish the admin tools for the stats system but just to give you guys an idea...

http://www.apocalypce.net/swbf_stats/index.php)
 avonnied
10-01-2004, 9:10 PM
looks great..
 Darth_Larsen
10-01-2004, 9:50 PM
Will this run on a Lan?
Or does it have to be a internet Server?
 LoRdNaTaS
10-01-2004, 10:31 PM
I have not tested it on a lan but I do not see why not. I will test it on a lan Game this weekend.
 Darth_Larsen
10-02-2004, 12:16 AM
For the lan, would i just add the IP address for the server?

And just set up a website on the network?
We are going to do a Closed network
 Firemann816
10-02-2004, 8:54 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Larsen

Presumably Darth
If the ded LAN server doesnt break his tool by being too different from the Internet Ded Server.

The Internet is the WAN of LANs so it should be a non issue
I'd wait for the author to confirm though
 LoRdNaTaS
10-02-2004, 9:03 AM

The simple answer is yes you would need to setup a web server and add the ip address.
 LoRdNaTaS
10-02-2004, 3:41 PM
I have released a beta version of this system for all who want it. I will be adding some thing to it in the next week or so.
You can download the system from my web site:

http://www.apocalypce.net)

Any questions or issues that are posted on this board will make over to my site and I will be checking both places for any issues that come up.
 LoRdNaTaS
10-02-2004, 3:57 PM
hey avonnied when you get a chance drop me a line..

natas@apocalypce.net
Page: 1 of 1