Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Make Canderous A Dark Jedi Mod Released at my site

Page: 1 of 2
 RedHawke
10-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Hello all,

Well this completes the Make A Jedi Mod Trilogy of Mission, Carth, and now finally... Canderous.

Update Version 1.1: This mod now uses stoffe -mkb-'s TSL Patcher Program, so to make this mod completely compatable. ;)

You can get it here. :emperor: (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

This mod spawns a Dark Jedi Mandalorian named Kyron Ordo on Dantooine on the Matale grounds when you see the first Mandalorian cutscene where the Farmer gets shot. Look for him nearby.

Like the other 2 mods the Dialogue will make Canderous a Jedi, but unlike the others I made him be a Dark Jedi Guardian as Canderous is a warrior and the Guardian class would be the best for him.

And following JediGabe's Jedi Canderous' mods lead, I made it so Canderous would use the Darth Bandon model for his Revan's Robe slot, I either used an existing, or whipped up a texture, for each of the stock game robes, and each of my released robes.

http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/modimages/djcand3s.jpg)
If you have Canderous in Darth Revan's Robes he will be dressed as Darth Bandon. (That Cool Slimming Black) This is also the default texture, so if you put someone elses Revan style robes on Canderous he will appear as Darth Bandon. If you put the Star Forge Robes on Canderous he will have a custom lightside armored robe texture. (A Nice Lightside Brown With Silver Plates)

http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/modimages/djcand4s.jpg)
If you put Canderous in my Crimson Sith Templar Robes he will have a nice Red Armored Texture. (Red And Black Always A Winner) If you put my Revan The White Robes on him, Canderous will have a nice lightside white and silver texture. (White And Silver How Much More Lightside Can You Get?)

http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/modimages/djcand5s.jpg)
And Lastly when Canderous first becomes a Dark Jedi he gets a set of Fallen One's Robes that will make Canderous appear as the Armored Sith Masters do.

From The Readme:
--------------------------------------------------
This mod allows Canderous Ordo to become a Dark Jedi Guardian, through an old Mandalorian freind Kyron Ordo, he trains him on Dantooine.

This mod gives Canderous Ordo a Jedi class, as well as giving you some special Jedi Robes for him, and His Red Lightsaber(s). I didn't let people choose his Jedi class, like in my other 2 Make Jedi Mods because Canderous is a warrior, and as such, the only Jedi class that suits him is the Guardian.

It is STRONGLY SUGGESTED to have my Revan The White/Star Forge Booster Pack installed as well as the Crimson Sith Templar Item Pack to make full use of this mod, and its textures. (See the screenshots at pcgamemods, and the small ones above)

This Mod Does:
--------------------------------------------------
Adds a new spawning NPC on Dantooine near where you see the Mandalorian shoot the Farmer (Where he says "Hmm... Wife and Children... sounds like a good idea." and then the Mandalorian and Duros attack you.), Kyron Ordo a Sith trained Mandalorian Dark Jedi will appear near a tree somewhere near, look around and Talk with Him and see! (If you don't have Canderous with you he won't have much to say, until you add Canderous in!)

Follow the Dialogue and you can get a Dark Jedi Guardian Canderous. You get another Jedi in your party and you don't have to edit a thing.

Warning: Like my Make Mission a Jedi Mod, and my Make Carth a Jedi Mod the dialogue will not allow you an exit once you talk to the NPC Canderous is going to become a Dark Jedi. Also be sure to have a level up saved for Canderous before talking to Kyron Ordo as the game can have problems with clicking on the Force Powers tab while running around a 0 level Jedi, wait until Canderous levels up then talk to Kyron.

Adds a new item to the game... Fallen One's Robes... they have custom textures, they make Canderous look like one of the Sith Masters, and are given to Canderous by Kyron.

Appearance.2da Editing Instructions For Carth:
------------------------------------------------------------
If you have my Jedi Carth Mod and also want Carth to have this Armored Sith Master Robe ability...

Open up your KOTOR override's appearance.2da with Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool. When the KT Program starts it is in the Tools menu, open 2da file editor. Navigate to your KOTOR Override and open up the appearance.2da.

Line 6 is Carth's line change the modelj and texj fields to "N_DarthCand", without quotes, and then scroll over to the envmap cell and change it from DEFAULT to "CM_Baremetal", without quotes, click on another cell, then save it to your KOTOR override and you are done.

Notes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
No longer worry about the appearance.2da file, this mod uses the Patcher program...

Enjoy! :D

Edit: Update to include instructions on how to add the robes used in this mod for your Male PC's as well...

I see the make Canderous a Jedi mod, I have it installed but it doesn't allow you to use the robes for your PC character only for canderous. I'm looking for a mod that lets my character wear them.
If you have that mod installed and you want to overwrite the Revan robes to use this model you can edit your appearance.2da on your end in a few minutes to do this for your PC. I had posted instructions on how to do this but I can't find it atm. :(

So from memory here we go... (Rusty modder brain alert! :xp: )

Open up your KOTOR override's appearance.2da with Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool. When the KT Program starts it is in the Tools menu, open 2da file editor. Navigate to your KOTOR Override and open up the appearance.2da.

Scroll down the file to lines 136 through 180 those are the Male Player Character lines.

On each of those lines change the modelj and texj fields to "N_DarthCand", without quotes.

This next part is optional (I would only do this if the skins are transparent) scroll over to the envmap cell and change it from DEFAULT to "CM_Baremetal", without quotes.

Now I am unsure of what mods you have installed but the ENVMAP cell can be left to DEFAULT but some of the Bandon Model robe skins might be transparent, and setting this to CM_Baremetal might have other unintended consiquences with other mods skins (Such as ones that use transparency), just an FYI. So you can skip this part and if they come up transparent then change the ENVMAP cell.

Once you have edited all those lines then click on another line/cell that you didn't edit (this is important), then save it to your KOTOR override and you are basically done.

To use all the skins shipped with the Canderous Dark Jedi mod you will likely need to install my 3 item packs, or if you don't want to use my 3 item packs and Crimson Sith Templar items (totally understandable) you can make a few item uti files for those skins on your end. We do have tutorials for those and the texture variations are easy to spot all the tga files that have N_DarthCandXX in them. ;)

N_DarthCand01 is Revan's Robe (Will appear automatically when wearing that robe or a modded one)
N_DarthCand02 is Star Forge Robe (Will appear automatically when wearing that robe or a modded one)
N_DarthCand04 is the Crimson Templar Robe
N_DarthCand08 is the White Robe
N_DarthCand11 is the Robe Canderous gets and is similar/same as the Sith Governors on Taris.

I hope this helps. :D
 FiEND_138
10-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Looks really cool. Give it a DL when I get off work :)
 Darth_ToMeR
10-01-2004, 3:04 AM
Nice Textures!
 shosey
10-01-2004, 8:54 AM
very cool, I will use this next play through :)
 T7nowhere
10-01-2004, 9:19 AM
Good idea To use Bandons model in place of SF robes. It suits Canderous perfectly.
 TheOutrider
10-01-2004, 4:18 PM
once again Redhawke, SWEET

Ive been waiting for this mod for a while
 RedHawke
10-01-2004, 8:13 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Good idea To use Bandons model in place of SF robes. It suits Canderous perfectly.

My thoughts exactly! :D

I was pleasantly surprised when the robe texture variations worked on my custom edited model, I guess as long as your custom texture ends in a 01 you can then add into override a texture 02, 03, etc. and so on, that can be used on wearable items just like the regular game models do. Pretty darn cool if I may say so! :)

I'm glad you are enjoying it everyone. :D
 Delta-1207
08-19-2005, 1:56 AM
Iґm having a problem here. I installed the mod sucessfully, but I am lost on the appereance.2da editing.

I canґt open the .2da, and the KT is giving me a headache. Could someone help me, please?
 RedHawke
08-19-2005, 5:20 AM
I canґt open the .2da, and the KT is giving me a headache. Could someone help me, please?
The place to ask for Troubleshooting any and all errors in KT would be better suited by posting in the KT Thread. (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=121572) Though when you do post your problem there you might want to give a better description of what KT is doing than "the KT is giving me a headache"... ;) Beyond that I don't know what to tell you as I didn't make KT so I cannot troubleshoot it not opening 2da files. :(

I hope this helps, somewhat! :)
 Delta-1207
08-20-2005, 1:13 AM
Wait. I already did the editing on the .2da as stated on the readme. I changed the cells textj and modelj to "N_DarthCand", and the "envmap" cell was already in "CM_Baremetal." But when I placed the robes on Canderous, they looked black. Completely black. It didnґt matter what robe I gave him. He still looked like an armoured Sith Master. :Open2:
 RedHawke
08-20-2005, 8:10 AM
Wait. I already did the editing on the .2da as stated on the readme. I changed the cells textj and modelj to "N_DarthCand", and the "envmap" cell was already in "CM_Baremetal." But when I placed the robes on Canderous, they looked black. Completely black. It didnґt matter what robe I gave him. He still looked like an armoured Sith Master. :Open2:
Reopen your appearance.2da and make sure there are no actual quotes(") in those entries... other than this do you have all of the modfiles in your override?
 Delta-1207
08-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Everything is okay now. The problem was that the Stock Modified Appereance was not on the Override. ; )
 RedHawke
08-21-2005, 12:52 AM
^^^^
I hate when things like that happen! :D

Makes you want to do this :headbump doesn't it? ;)

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out! :)
 ghettorican395
10-26-2005, 7:27 PM
awsome mod but pcgamemods.com is of line.... is there anyways you can email it to i gaved you my email on the private message i sent you
 Darth333
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
pcgamemods is back online: they were just moving to a new server.
 RedHawke
12-21-2005, 2:47 AM
*Ressurecting Threads Again!*

Update Version 1.1: This mod now uses stoffe -mkb-'s TSL Patcher Program, so to make this mod completely compatable. T7nowhere showed us that it works fine on KotOR I! ;)

You can get it here. :emperor: (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7704.html)

If you have the original version working there is no need to install this version, as the actual mod files are the same... But you should download it anyway, in case you need to rebuild your Override someday. ;)
 EnderDrone
12-30-2005, 5:30 PM
your screen shots look great RedHawke... so great in fact i'm going to pick up a PC copy of KOTOR I and KOTOR II (i've only got the Xbox copies now).... you've converted me

Are you thinking about a "Make Zalbar A Jedi Mod" `cause that would be great. I've all ways wanted to play a Wookie Jedi.
 RedHawke
12-30-2005, 11:55 PM
your screen shots look great RedHawke... so great in fact i'm going to pick up a PC copy of KOTOR I and KOTOR II (i've only got the Xbox copies now).... you've converted me
Now you are going to make me nervous... I hope you like the mods, I strongly suggest all 3 of my 'Make Jedi Mods' as it adds quite a bit of omph to your party. ;)

Are you thinking about a "Make Zalbar A Jedi Mod" `cause that would be great. I've all ways wanted to play a Wookie Jedi.
While this would be cool and all, I thought 6 total party members being Jedi was enough! :D

@ Welcome to the forums! :waive1:
 EnderDrone
12-31-2005, 12:48 AM
heh well ya wouldn't have to play with all of them at once :)

mabey just Carth, Zelbar and Canderous or something.. actually heh if i got to use a wookie jedi I'd prolly just stick with that... I'd love to make some custom items for him... some wookie only armor based on the ep. III wookie armor. and some verson of T7nowhere's polearm styled saber. Some new wookie skins. THAT would be a blast to work on. :ltblubou:
 JediKnight707
12-31-2005, 2:26 AM
I don't have K1 installed on my CPU (I have like .5 GB left), but will this only turn him into a Dark Jedi, or was that just part of the name?

:eyeraise: Well, Canderous is a DS character, isn't he? So he would be a Dark Jedi. :xp: -RH
 RedHawke
12-31-2005, 3:58 AM
heh well ya wouldn't have to play with all of them at once :)
I do! :D

heh if i got to use a wookie jedi I'd prolly just stick with that...
I considered this but alas I decided no, though I'm surprised no one else has attempted it... it won't be me anyway. I don't use either Wookiee in KotOR or TSL, gladly there is a mod to axe Hanharr in TSL, and in KotOR Zaalbar stays on the Hawk after Taris, and the obligatory parts on Kashyyyk. ;)

I'd love to make some custom items for him... some wookie only armor based on the ep. III wookie armor.
Hence the main problem with this mod Zaalbar cannot wear any armors/robes/etc., because his model is all one piece, there are no armor body models for him... even as a Jedi he would not be able to wear anything. Well you could hack it and have him able to equip stuff, but he wouldn't show anything in-game.
 EnderDrone
12-31-2005, 5:24 AM
is it possable to seperate his model into sepearte modles re-skin them and import it back so he works like the other NPCs or would it just be easyer to make a new wookie from scratch as a new recrutable character

*if i want to continue this discussion should i make a new tread in the mod ideas forum, now that it's become an actual discussion*

You are quite correct! It is a discussion for another thread. :D

But unless you are modeling inclined, we cannot make new animated models for these games... we can barely edit existing models, just an FYI. -RH
 JediKnight707
01-02-2006, 2:13 AM
:eyeraise: Well, Canderous is a DS character, isn't he? So he would be a Dark Jedi. :xp: -RH

Not when I play with him MUHAHAHAHAHA!! Wait a tick...why am I laughing?? :confused: Awww, crap...
 thisguyrich
01-20-2006, 2:53 AM
I installed the mod, but Kyron Ordo is not at any of the locations where Mandalorians were found.
 RedHawke
01-20-2006, 6:25 AM
I installed the mod, but Kyron Ordo is not at any of the locations where Mandalorians were found.
You need to make sure you have all the mods files installed, and make sure to use a savegame preferably before you go outside the enclaive for the first time, the NPC spawns when you have the cutscene where the Mandalorians kill the farmer, Kyron should be in the distance by some trees or whatever. ;)
 thisguyrich
01-20-2006, 11:25 AM
You need to make sure you have all the mods files installed, and make sure to use a savegame preferably before you go outside the enclaive for the first time, the NPC spawns when you have the cutscene where the Mandalorians kill the farmer, Kyron should be in the distance by some trees or whatever. ;)

Ok that solves everything. I've aldready done that quest before I remembered I had that mod, but not installed properly. When I unzipped it, it placed the installer executable in the folder but I didn't know that's what it did at the time until I went searching for a readme. Didn't really want an evil aligned jedi running around with my party of goood aligned jedis anyway.
 RedHawke
01-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Didn't really want an evil aligned jedi running around with my party of goood aligned jedis anyway.
I don't know if your intention was to insult me because you got frustrated, but this is rude to say after someone takes the time to help you out. You would have been better served to leave this part out. :disaprove

Think of what you are saying before you type things will you? Or at least use some smilys to show you are kidding or something.

Lastly, readme files are there for a reason, I suggest you remember that.
 thisguyrich
01-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh no oh no. It's a misunderstanding. I didn't mean it as a joke, but neither did I mean it to be rude. I was serious. I wasn't really wanting to have an evil aligned jedi running around with a party of good aligned jedi. I'm really sorry for that.
 Jedi Brew
02-11-2006, 11:32 AM
when i try to download this mod it downloads it as a singl file not a zip and it wont work in my game
 RedHawke
02-12-2006, 12:07 AM
when i try to download this mod it downloads it as a singl file not a zip and it wont work in my game
Sorry, but the file isn't a zip, it is a rar file... check out this thread, (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422) check out the first post, and down around post #17 or so Darth333 answers what to do with rar files.
 AlkoTanko
06-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Is it absolutely necessary to have the item packs for this mod to work? No offense, RedHawke, but those items are BIT too strong, thus making the game way too easy (and not talking about 40 of all crystals right at Dantooine, I don't even have enough sabers for them!)
 Darkkender
06-20-2006, 11:43 AM
The Item packs are required for the unique new appearance that canderous has. As well as some of his unique new equipment. As to there overly powerful nature that is because you don't have the hardcore mod for K1 installed. Redhawke covers this in the readme for those item mods. Not too mention if you ever play through his Ord Mandell mod or the Weebal & Utiini's Item shop mod you will be wishing for his said "BIT" too strong items.
 AlkoTanko
06-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Ah yes, I had that mod, forgot to say. And you are right, the enemies in that Jawa sewer were quite challenging. Blah, I'll just shut up and install the mods. :)
 RedHawke
06-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Ah yes, I had that mod, forgot to say. And you are right, the enemies in that Jawa sewer were quite challenging. Blah, I'll just shut up and install the mods. :)
Alko, you can as always take the plunge and download KotOR Tool and using it's item editor you can redo the properties on the modded items I made, for your own use, to something more your liking. ;)

A bit of background for everyone interested on my first 3 item packs, and why I made the items so freaking nasty:

Those items are quite discusting, I'm the first to admit that, as I have an innate dislike for the WotC Star Wars D20 system making a character fully dependant on the items they used, I was making a rebellious point by making all those items.

The weakest character imaginable becomes a 'diety' because of the right equipment that's the weakness of Star Wars D20, for a Fantasy based sword and sorcery game like Dungeons & Dragons item based game systems like D20 is just fine, but for Star Wars the character should be the focus, not their godlike items. I'm a fan of the older West End Games D6 system, where there the character was the prime focus, not the equipment. ;)

As for the Jawa Shop and ORD Mandell, so many people 'whined' about the game being easy, I thought I'd present people a real challenge. :D
 AlkoTanko
06-21-2006, 1:05 AM
Haha :D
So this is like flipping a bird for the D20?

And my opinion of the discussion about Jedi Zaalbar: wasn't there a wookie jedi in Extended Universe called Lowbacca? (What a lame name, I must say)
Doesn't seem to be too wild idea to have Big Z being force sensitive, but I tried to give him lightsabers when he had gained weapon focus for them with some items, but it was very buggy, weapons changing at will (blasters having lightsaber sounds for example). And his class? I can't imagine him throwing Force Lighting against his enemies. :P
 SithLordStriker
06-21-2006, 2:05 AM
This Mod RULES! :)

Way-to-go, RedHawke!

Keep'em com'in. ;)
 Jedi Eri
06-22-2006, 3:06 AM
Wow. Another awsome mod :)
Just 1 quest. Is it possible to make Canderous wear as well some robes like Carth's? (The military Jedi Robes). I can make a retexture of Carth's robes, what I don't know is how to make them appliable to Canderous.
 RedHawke
06-22-2006, 6:10 AM
Haha :D
So this is like flipping a bird for the D20?
Yup.

Just 1 quest. Is it possible to make Canderous wear as well some robes like Carth's? (The military Jedi Robes). I can make a retexture of Carth's robes, what I don't know is how to make them appliable to Canderous.
You should already be able to put Carth's Robes on him (The one that you get with the Make Carth a Jedi Mod... Onasi's Robes) and the texture should work on ol' Canderous just fine. ;)

Just use KSE or the giveitem cheat code to give you an extra Sin-Jinn Onasi's Robes and place them on Canderous. The code is in the Make Carth a Jedi Readme File, reprinted here.
Robe Giveitem Cheat Code: rh_carth_robe - Sin-Jinn Onasi's Robes (Upgradeable, Custom Texture)
:D
 AlkoTanko
06-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Bit offtopic and probably dumb question, but RedHawke's mods are compatible and cause no problem among themselves? And only the other users mods need to be planned.
 RedHawke
06-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Bit offtopic and probably dumb question, but RedHawke's mods are compatible and cause no problem among themselves? And only the other users mods need to be planned.
They should definately all be compatable, though there are some that aren't like I have 2 sets of Droid reskins and I have a couple Mission things that are dependant on if you have her as Blue or Caucasian, things like that.

Either way I will state any possible incompatibilities in the readme file, ususally. ;)
 Jedi Eri
06-23-2006, 5:04 AM
Yup.

You should already be able to put Carth's Robes on him (The one that you get with the Make Carth a Jedi Mod... Onasi's Robes) and the texture should work on ol' Canderous just fine. ;)

Just use KSE or the giveitem cheat code to give you an extra Sin-Jinn Onasi's Robes and place them on Canderous. The code is in the Make Carth a Jedi Readme File, reprinted here.

:D

ok thaaaaaanx so much ;)
 knopik
07-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey I have installed the three mods item packs....and my fallen robes still don't have those textures, they have textures of revan robes, without hood or mask...the original ones..but on canderous o_O it's so weird...waht can I do?
 RedHawke
07-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Sounds like you are missing or have a messed up appearance.2da file in your override...

Did you use the patcher versions of the mods?

Have you installed anyone elses mod that messes with appearance.2da?

My item packs do not touch Canderous entry, only the Canderous mod.

Clear your override and re-install the 3 item packs and the Canderous Dark Jedi mod. Install any other peoples mods first then mine as the patcher makes things compatable. Re-install my item mods as instructed in my item packs PCGameMods mod descriptions (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/5616.html), then the Canderous Mod last.
 knopik
07-07-2006, 1:05 AM
I have a mod called "revan's items" maybe that's it, I just have diff mods that allow like..bastilla on korriban, juhani in temple that can go darkside...yavin 4th, exar kun's...so you advise me to clear my override folder and installa ny other mods that I had, then your 3 mods?
 RedHawke
07-07-2006, 1:39 AM
Check them out and see if any of them have an appearance.2da file, if they do then you likely overwrote the one the patcher edited and thusly messed up the textures.

If so, then install those mods first then mine as instructed above.

It is a good idea to always install patcher using mods last. ;)

And if you install a mod later on that overwrites a 2da file, if you cannot use KT and merge it manually on your end, then you have to scrap your override and start over. Sorry, but this is the curse of using KotOR Mods.
 RC-1162
07-07-2006, 8:56 AM
i downloaded this and your Carth jedi mods a couple weeks ago, RH, and i must say, they pwn!! but just saying, you could have used a twilek or something instead of a quarren. i couldnt make out that guy's eyes at all :D
and i also DLed your recruit RedHawke mod. and just a question: does 'she' correspond to the real person?

dont kill me, please!
 Darkkender
07-07-2006, 11:37 AM
No Redhawke-Real Person = Male, Redhawke-Fictional Recruit=Female.
 RedHawke
07-07-2006, 11:32 PM
and i also DLed your recruit RedHawke mod. and just a question: does 'she' correspond to the real person?
From the mods release thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=132724) :xp:

She is as close as I could get to a KOTOR version of my 14 year vetran PnP WEG Star Wars D6 RPG character. And her name is where my screen name comes from.
dont kill me, please!
[Insert Force Crush sounds here] :p
 RC-1162
07-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Gak! Save...me! :xp:

thanks, RH.
 kirk1994
10-17-2011, 3:51 PM
how do i manually install make canderous a dark jedi mod? my computer wont let me use the TSL patcher and when i tired to put it in myself it worked but canderous robes looked like revans robes without the hood the only other mod i have on is revans robes revisioned and theirs no appearance.2da file with it so i dont know whats wrong

i really loved the pic of the Crimson Templar Robe on redhawks site its the one i really want to get working
Page: 1 of 2