Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Italian fans ask for help

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn84
09-27-2004, 8:53 AM
Due to the ineptitude of Fox Italia the titles of the scenes are translated horribly (e.g. scene from EP VI "Rebel reckoning" is translated "Recon the rebel" :confused: ). Please some one can scan the titles lists for me to download and correct the Italian ones? If you don't want it'll do also if you only post the titles here without scas, just to know what they should be. This thing got all Italian fans really pissed off but Fox Italia just doesn't care, maybe someone knows who works in the American one so he or she can beat up their Italian partners?:D
Thanks for your time.
 Katarn84
09-27-2004, 9:02 AM
Oh, yes... Here in Italy they also sell only the videogames (some nearly impossible to find out) and a bunch of books (38) and comics (maybe 20) without completing the series (Young Jedi knights: 3 books; Galaxy of Fear: 2; Jedi Apprentice: 4; New Jedi Order: only Chewbacca comic! :eek: ) and some action figures from time to time...
 Kurgan
09-27-2004, 8:26 PM
Bummer!

Sounds like you guys need to get together and start a massive letter writing campaign to LucasFilm and George Lucas appealing to them about the merchandising fiasco...

Meanwhile maybe you can find some quality stuff on ebay or amazon...
 Darth333
09-27-2004, 8:52 PM
In the French Canadian version they did not even bother to translate the title list : "Rebel recon" is "Rebel recon"... :mad: (la versione italiana non puт essere peggiore - the Italian version can't be worse.)

Hopefully we can select the language in wich we want to listen to the movie with dvd. I'll check a couple more versions to see how they are :D
 Katarn84
09-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Use the Force... Trust me... it IS worse, i'd have preferred no translation at all than this crime against nature...
 Kurgan
09-28-2004, 1:49 AM
In the region 1 version here (North America) we can hear the movie in English, French or Spanish with English Subtitles (the other language subtitle options are highlighted on POWERDVD but they don't actually work).

Too bad, I wanted to hear Vader say "Nein.. Ich bin dein Vater!!!" and then have Luke yell "NEEEEEIIIIINNN!!!"

; )

Best of luck to you....
 Katarn84
09-28-2004, 2:21 AM
No, the DVDs are good, it's the box that has unbelivable wrong synopsis (those I can correct) and scene titles; the Italian voices are good (as were in '70s, when it was a duty to do a good job...).
 Kurgan
09-29-2004, 2:54 AM
Oh I see. So you want to print some new DVD covers that are translated better for presentation purposes.

Makes sense. ; )
 Furball
09-29-2004, 8:03 AM
Originally posted by Katarn84
Due to the ineptitude of Fox Italia the titles of the scenes are translated horribly (e.g. scene from EP VI "Rebel reckoning" is translated "Recon the rebel" :confused: ). Please some one can scan the titles lists for me to download and correct the Italian ones? If you don't want it'll do also if you only post the titles here without scas, just to know what they should be. This thing got all Italian fans really pissed off but Fox Italia just doesn't care, maybe someone knows who works in the American one so he or she can beat up their Italian partners?:D
Thanks for your time.
dove lo fa in Italia vive, sono venuto da Palermo - il Sicilia
 Katarn84
09-29-2004, 9:51 AM
It doesn't matter, due to fan insurrection, Fox Italia will send for free the scene titles corrected to whoever asks for them.:D
 Kurgan
09-29-2004, 2:35 PM
Hooray! Score one of the little guys!

Now if only we can get Lucas to release the Originals on DVD... (*still dreamin'*) ; )
Page: 1 of 1