Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Miniatures

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
09-26-2004, 12:34 PM
I was sorta intrigued by the pics I saw of these at Comic Con, but now I think I might wanna get some. They're like Micro Machines, only alot more detailed and realistic. Check em out here.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/setlista)
 daring dueler
09-28-2004, 8:47 PM
I will get those, i feel the need, they are so friggin awsome......hopefully the price isnt high.
 Katarn07
10-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Apparently these are already out:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/078693476X/qid=1096659414/sr=8-2/ref=pd_csp_2/002-6300981-2409608?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Not bad. I looked at the rules breifly and it seems to me it's alot like Gladius (one of my favorite all time video games) so maybe I'll actually play the game too. I'm gonna call around and find a place that sells them. I see some sites that sell them seperately. Boba is obviously the most at $35. I wouldn't pay that. I just hope I get him in one of my sets.
 Katarn07
10-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Well, I got a starter set the other day and the guys I got weren't bad.

I got:

Luke, Rebel
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/10_LukeSkywalkerRebel.jpg)
Vader, Dark Jedi
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/21_DarthVaderDarkJedi.jpg)
Stormtrooper Officer
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/39_StormtrooperOfficer.jpg)
Stormtrooper (shooting)
I can't find a picture, they just show the running one twice on all the sites that show these at a different angle. This one's cooler than the running one I think.
Stormtrooper (standing)
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/36_Stormtrooper.jpg)
Rebel Trooper (crouching)
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/18_RebelTrooper.jpg)
Wookie Warrior
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/20_WookieeSoldier.jpg)
Twi'lek Scoundrel
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/59_Twi'lekScoundrel.jpg)
Twi'lek Body Guard
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/58_Twi'lekBodyguard.jpg)
Tusken Raider
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/Misc%20Art/Star%20Wars%20Miniatures/TN/57_TuskenRaider.jpg)

Luke and Vader are rare but guaranteed in the starter. What's dumb is it's possible to duplicate them in booster packs. The guy said you'll end up with tons of stormies and Rebels. He says he trades with customers so if I need to get rid of some duplicates, I know where to go. Trading for rarer ones will be a problem, but if I get a duplicate of a stormie, I'm sure I can swap him for a different styled stormie as long as the stat card is the same. The game hasn't been out too long but he said he's swapped for some rather good ones in his collection. He's seen a Boba but the guy wasn't willing to trade it so it's not impossible to get one.

I plan on ordering the boosters. It'll be cheaper that way. I really want a Bothan Spy in one of my next sets. He looks to be one of the coolest ones that's not rare or super rare.

EDIT - http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_miniatures.php?viewType=Star%20Wars&info1=Miniatures&info2=Star%20Wars&info3=Rebel%20Storm)

Here's a site to order the starter and the boosters for a better price than retail. I payed 20 for the starter but I did get most of the guys I wanted. You can also buy some of them seperately but I doubt I'll dish out that much for one mini. Perhaps if for some reason none of the 5 boosters I order have certain common and uncommon guys, I'll probably order some of those individually.
 Sith_Mikeximus
10-07-2004, 9:35 AM
I started collecting the Miniatures as well, so far my fav is the royal guard, I think they did a sweet job on him:

http://jeditemplearchives.com/miniatures/rebelstorm/rs-0032-Royal-Guard.jpg)
 Vagabond
10-07-2004, 10:27 AM
I was going to get these, until I realized that I can't purchase the ones I want. The only reason I would want these is so I could stage roleplaying battles, not to do some figurine version of a card game - not that there's anything wrong with that - just not my thang.

Anyway, the "cute" gaminess that they're doing with the way the figures are purchased - blind - really turned me off. If they ever decide to let one purchase the figures one wants, and do away with the stilly "rare - oooh ahhhh" contrivance, then I'll definitely buy some. But until then, this gimmick is going to keep my money in my wallet.
 Katarn07
10-07-2004, 1:51 PM
Sonuva bitch. Someone bought all of the boosters that link I posted had in stock. :mad: I'm holding off now. I don't really wanna run out and pay retail for the boosters. I was gonna get 5 (35 guys) for $46. I was just gonna buy them retail when I went in to trade any duplicates I had. I hope they get more in stock.

Yeah for collecting the value of the figurines kinda cool. It's a break from the same old same old Hasbro stuff I'm getting a bit fed up with. There's no board for RPGing to my knowledge so why do you need figurines exactly? Just curious. I see that listed all over the mini sites that you can use them in your RPGing. Don't you just have paper and dice?
 ZBomber
10-07-2004, 7:20 PM
Cool - Yes

Will I buy any - Nah ;) Thery are pretty neat, but I'd rather save my money for the regular 3 3/4 inch figures. :)

Twi'lek scoundrel looks pretty cool. I like the Twi'lek body guard too. :)
 daring dueler
10-08-2004, 8:14 PM
where did you get them katarn retail or order??
 ZBomber
10-09-2004, 8:32 AM
" I don't really wanna run out and pay retail for the boosters."

I'm guessing he ordered them.....
 Katarn07
10-09-2004, 11:28 AM
I paid retail for the starter because I'd feel bad. I talked to the guy for some time and he was pretty cool about it. I'd feel like a jerk if I said, "Thanks for the info, I'll order them from the net" so I took the starter but won't go back to buy any unless I trade.

That link I supplied have them in stock again for 7.75 each. I bought 5 (with shipping it was only $46).

That'll add another 35 guys to my collection of 10. These things seem to be selling fast! Lots of sites either charge retail or have them on backorder.
 daring dueler
10-22-2004, 7:10 PM
Off to my neerby comic shop i go! away!
 Katarn07
10-23-2004, 12:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5928785523&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT)

High Bidder: Me
My Max Bid: $113.80

Muwhahahaha!!!!

I'd love to have it, but I know it's gonna go for $350+. It contains at least 350 guys, but most of them are duplicates of common/ uncommon guys so perhaps people aren't willing to go too high. It does have some nice rare guys (and a few duplicates of some, nice traders). No Boba in it though. :(

I will definately bid a bit higher on this. I'm starting to actually play the game, but the Imps/ Fringe squad I can assemble slaughters the Rebel/ Fringe squads I can make. I need some stronger peices. This lot would be sweet to own.

Since I know I'll lose, I plan on getting a sealed case of 12 boosters for $92. That's 84 guys, 4 of them being Super Rare, 8 of them being Rare. The rest I pray would be the rest of the common/ uncommon guys I need (not that many more to go) and some good peices to make a more balanced gaming experience.
 ZBomber
10-23-2004, 1:27 PM
Dude, how much money do you have? :| spent this month's on my website.
 Katarn07
10-24-2004, 9:37 AM
1300 in the bank. I had 125 pocket, but just came back from the toy show today. Spent $25 on some stuff. See other thread for details on all that!

Also, I'm auctioning off eBay and making loads of money. I just sold a used game for $40 :p
 daring dueler
10-26-2004, 5:55 PM
Shweet good price for a used game. while i still am miatureless that wont be too long, i did however buy the whole galactic heroes collection ( the ones from like playmates or whateever) they actually kinda cool.

Ill let u know when i get some minis, all i want bad is boba for obvious reasons.

Good stuff katarn, i hate ur money.
 Katarn07
10-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Meh, I lost it. My real max bid was 127 something. At school, a friend and me were refreshing every other second and all of a sudden, I was the high bidder at 183.50. I was confused as all hell. I went into 'My eBay' and it said my max bid was 201.99! I did not put that in there. It sold for 207 so it's not like I have to pay a price I don't have to, but it was weird nonetheless.

I'm gonna get a sealed case then for 93 and just get the missing guys from eBay. Let's pray I get a Boba because he's alot!
 daring dueler
10-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Boba is the only one i want to pay alot for...ill pay alot for just him..
 Katarn07
10-27-2004, 12:33 PM
That was my dad upping the bid. That scared the crap outta me. He was willing to pay for a part of it because he knew I really wanted it. Oh well....

Yeah, Boba goes for 20-40 ;)

I heard WOTC never remakes stuff in later sets. These will all be worth a lot in a few years if the game is still going on.
 daring dueler
10-29-2004, 2:46 PM
Yah, i got my first minis, starter, 2 boosters. nice stuff. nothing spectacular. WOTC did a good job. 20-40 aint bad ill get it.

So far i really like the storimie with the repeater rifle standing at ease, bothan is cool. wampa is cool also.
 Katarn07
10-30-2004, 7:43 AM
You got the Wampa?! What other rare did you get?

I'm about to order that case of 12 sealed ones.
 daring dueler
10-31-2004, 5:42 AM
Well the wampa is a very rare isnt it?

I think thats the only rare i got, i didnt check the names to the list yet however. When i do that ill tell you.
 Katarn07
10-31-2004, 9:36 AM
You should get one rare if not a very rare in each booster guaranteed. If you didn't, you got screwed over. Was it sealed with tape or glue? I read sometimes the boosters are tampered with and the rares/ very rares are removed and the box is then resealed with tape. Normally it's like rubber cement or something.

The place I get mine from are sold out. I was all set to order that case just now :(
 daring dueler
11-02-2004, 5:37 PM
Yah i did get a mara jade, a rare, i didnt really look. But they were not tampered with. That is one thing i dont fall for. Besides the store i baught from is very reliable.
 Katarn07
11-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Can you pick up the boxes from a shelf and compare their weights? If so, the heavier ones are the ones with VRs in there. Jabba, the speeder bikes, probe droid, and your wampa would all weigh more. It's a nice little trick to get ones you know you either need or could trade with. I sadly can't pick mine up at my store. They're behind the counter :(

I ordered that case the other day, it should be here within the week. I can't wait to see what I get.

I have a possible trade lined up. My VR Vader for a Boba. I dunno if I wanna part with my VR Vader just yet. I want a complete set so it'd be dumb to give up a highly sought after VR for a different VR. Let's see what I pull from this case as I said. I may get a Boba myself or a duplicate of the VR Vader.
 daring dueler
11-03-2004, 1:01 PM
Yah they are all out in the open, i can pick them up. And how dare you desire my Boba?!:p
 Katarn07
11-05-2004, 1:18 PM
I payed 8.50 for shipping. I bought it on the 1st, it shipped yesterday (the 4th). I got screwed over good. Even if it comes tomorrow, I won't get to mess around with them until Monday because I work noon-9 on Saturday and opening to 5 on Sunday.

Oh, I get to play Halo 2 this Sunday!!!!! :D Me and a coworker are gonna go in a couple hours early so we can play before we open the store :D :D :D
 Katarn07
11-06-2004, 8:03 AM
Interested in Clone Strike? I'm not really but here's a possible list of the set. I'll be sure to get all of the generice fringe and a guardian and acolyte which are the only ones that will fit in well with the Rebel Storm set.

Republic:
01/60 Aayla Secura (VR)
02/60 Aerial Clone Trooper Captian (R)
03/60 Anakin Skywalker (VR)
04/60 ARC Trooper (U)
05/60 Captain Typho (R)
06/60 Clone Trooper (C)
07/60 Clone Trooper (C)
08/60 Clone Trooper Commander (U)
09/60 Clone Trooper Grenadier (C)
10/60 Clone Trooper Sergeant (C)
11/60 Agen Kolar (R)
12/60 General Kenobi (R)
13/60 Gungan Cavalry on Kaadu (R)
14/60 Gungan Infantry (C)
15/60 Jedi Guardian (U)
16/60 Ki-Adi-Mundi (R)
17/60 Kit Fisto (R)
18/60 Luminara Unduli (R)
19/60 Mace Windu (VR)
20/60 Naboo Soldier (U)
21/60 Padme Amidala (VR)
22/60 Plo Koon (R)
23/60 Qui-Gon Jinn (VR)
24/60 Quinlan Vos (VR)
25/60 Saesee Tiin (R)
26/60 Yoda (VR)

Separatist:
27/60 Asajj Ventress (R)
28/60 Battle Droid (C)
29/60 Battle Droid (C)
30/60 Battle Droid (C)
31/60 Battle Droid Officer (U)
32/60 Battle Droid on STAP (R)
33/60 Count Dooku (VR)
34/60 Dark Side Acolyte (U)
35/60 Darth Maul (VR)
36/60 Darth Sidious (VR)
37/60 Destroyer Droid (R)
38/60 Durge (R)
39/60 Dwarf Spider Droid (R)
40/60 General Grievous (VR)
41/60 Geonosian Drone (C)
42/60 Geonosian Overseer (U)
43/60 Geonosian Picador on Orray (R)
44/60 Geonosian Soldier (U)
45/60 Jango Fett (R)
46/60 Security Battle Droid (C)
47/60 Super Battle Droid (U)
48/60 Super Battle Droid (U)

Fringe:
49/60 Aqualish Spy (C)
50/60 Aurra Sing (VR)
51/60 Devaronian Bounty Hunter (C)
52/60 Gran Raider (C)
53/60 Ishi Tib Scout (U)
54/60 Klatooinian Enforcer (C)
55/60 Nikto Soldier (C)
56/60 Quarren Raider (U)
57/60 Rodian Mercencary (U)
58/60 Weequay Mercenary (C)
59/60 Wookiee Commando (U)
60/60 Zam Wesell (R)

Ahh, hell. I may eventually have to get these all as well but definately not right away. I want to complete the RS set before I even start looking at prices for CS.
 ZBomber
11-08-2004, 4:28 PM
Why is Zam in THE FRINGE? Didn't she only work for the Sepratists (Well, Jango, who was hired by the Sepratists)
 Katarn07
11-08-2004, 8:16 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Why is Zam in THE FRINGE? Didn't she only work for the Sepratists (Well, Jango, who was hired by the Sepratists)

She's a Bounty Hunter. Jango should be Fringe as well, not Seperatist. If I were getting that, I'd make it a house rule to have him Fringe.

I got my minis today, finally. It was shipped UPS when I opted Priority Mail. I got screwed out of a couple bucks and a couple of days of not having them. I pulled 4 duplicate R/ VRs (Mara, Han, Bossk, Vader Sith Lord). I've already arranged some trades. Mara for Dengar, Han for Tarkin, and 9 different stormies for Leia Senator and 4-LOM. I talked to a guy last week who wanted Sith Vader for his duplicate Boba. I'll do my best to seek him out. He's right in the area so I may not need to pay shipping. The other R/ VRs I pulled were pretty cool. I got 3P0, Veers, Chewie, Leia Slave, Lando, Scout on Speeder (supposedly harder to get than Fett :D) and Jabba (my favorite I pulled today). I dunno if I should get a few more boosters or just get the ones I'm missing second hand. I'll try to get rid of my duplicate Bossk first and then get the boosters.

Oh, I didn't get to play Halo 2. We got a memo saying we couldn't open the case before tonight at midnight :rolleyes: I put a copy aside for me to rent. I'd usually have to pay, but I got a free rental coupon for preordering a Nintendo DS :)
 daring dueler
11-13-2004, 6:37 AM
No new minis!!

Got haloe 2 tho!! yay!!
 Katarn07
11-13-2004, 8:22 AM
I just beat Halo 1 last night. Gonna start Halo 2 tonight. Better hurry though, because it's due back on Wednesday!

I heard the ending sucked (cliffhanger), but everything else is gold :D And while my friends all seem to hate the ending (they didn't spoil it for me), it will set Halo 3 up to be the best in the series. Or so they say ;) Just sucks you have to wait until November 2006 for it though.

On topic with minis, they just made a 'Ultimate Missions' scenario/ rule book. It has two new maps and tons of new ways to play the game. It's overpriced at $30, so I'll get it off Amazon for $20. Or get it for Xmas. You don't play the game so you could probably care less.

Oh, I got my Tarkin in the mail, getting Leia Senator and 4-LOM, and a Dengar as mentioned above. I'm also gonna get a Greedo for two Twi'lek bodyguards. R2 would be the only R I'd need then.
 daring dueler
11-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Yah they are all awsoem, but hmmm, what about boba!!! Bah!
 micks75au
11-30-2004, 1:27 AM
These are damm cool, I was wondering if they were about
 Katarn07
12-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Well, I'll give the guy who has Boba a week to get in touch with me. If we never get together, I've got the same trade lined up with another guy that'll I'll go with. Either way, I shall have my Boba! Can't wait to play with him and a few other bounty hunters against some unique heavy teams :D
 Katarn07
12-04-2004, 10:00 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/setlistbgallery)

Thank God the good bulk of them look crappy or else I know I wouldn't have been able to resist their lure and would be out of alot more money :p. I will definately get all the Fringe (except Aurra and Zam) and the generic Jedi/ Sith.

Reminds me of Jaden Korr from JA; at least the one I made
http://www.wizards.com/swminis/images/clonestrike/15_JediGuardian.jpg)

This one is like the Sith Witch concept art from TPM, before there was a Darth Maul
http://www.wizards.com/swminis/images/clonestrike/34_DarkSideAcolyte.jpg)

I think the majority of the Jedi look awesome and I've seen some scans of their stats. Mace fricken owns Yoda :eek: .

I think I'll get KotOR II this Monday, and get the CS Fringers and a few more boosters for Xmas instead.
 Katarn07
12-09-2004, 12:11 PM
My XBOX no longer works properly, so I never did get KotORII. I'll get it for Xmas along with the RS boosters and CS fringe.

I got my Boba in the mail today! The mini and its stats are awesome :D Can't wait to use him in a skirmish/ scenario.
 Katarn07
03-18-2005, 9:13 AM
I saw some RotS guys in the Insider and a few previews online. Vader looks amazing! I'm getting him and possibly any other characters that cross over, like Chewie and the droids, if they're cool enough :D But no one else....
Page: 1 of 1