Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Corpse/Model Decay Question

Page: 1 of 1
 Gamelore
09-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Is there any way to remove, or at least lengthen, the enemy corpse decay? If there is usually a finite number of enemies, I don't see why all these recent games need to remove the corpse.

It is very unsatisfying to kill 10-15 guys in a small area, only to see maybe 5 corpses at the end, for a brief time... And then it's clean. It really breaks the immersion.

So, any jaconfig.cfg options that I can set to allow corpses/limbs/fragments, etc last longer (or forever)?
 Kurgan
09-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Well, it's done to free up system resources, but yeah, many of us like to see the results of our handy work (and like the old sprite based FPS games, to use the dead bodies as 'trail markers').

I think the cvar is g_corpseremovaltime

In MP I imagine it could be more of a problem though...
 Gamelore
09-26-2004, 5:36 PM
Woot! Thanks, it worked. Setting it to "0" makes them last forever.

Hey, know of any way to increase the length of time before saber marks and bullet marks disappear? It seems to be about 10 seconds right now, and I wish it would much longer (or not disappear right in front of my eyes while I'm not creating more)
 Kurgan
09-26-2004, 6:12 PM
g_saberg2marks or something? I forget. There's a couple of commands for it.

Try \cvarlist and \cmdlist

Then do a:

condump commands.txt

Sort through and maybe you'll find it...
 Crow_Nest
09-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Gamelore
Woot! Thanks, it worked. Setting it to "0" makes them last forever.

Yeah but you will get a HUGE performance drop even on high end cards like a 9800XT or 5950 Ultra. Its not worth it, i have it set to like 1 or 2 minutes. And now it hardly drops a frame with my 9600XT 256MB on 16x AA.
 Kiae Quon dei
10-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Since we are on this topic, of model decay, while playing on a server one time, someone had installed some sort of mod that, when a player was defeated, his model either bagan to glow blue and eventualy fadded away, or started to sizzle and turn red and subsiquently dissapeared as well.

Where could I find this mod to install onto my own server (once I get it up and running)?

Any information on this mod would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
 Sam Fisher
10-05-2004, 5:46 AM
Its no mod, but what the developers put in for when the corpses disappear.
 Kiae Quon dei
10-05-2004, 8:57 AM
Really?

I swear I had never seen that effect on any server but one. Do you think it may be dependant upon ones graphical settings or the time delay (needing to be longer) for corpse decay?

Oh well, thats good then. However, what determines whether you glow blue and fad away (Jedi-ish) and sizzle red and dissapear (Sith maybe?).
 Crow_Nest
10-06-2004, 5:23 AM
Originally posted by Kiae Quon dei
Oh well, thats good then. However, what determines whether you glow blue and fad away (Jedi-ish) and sizzle red and dissapear (Sith maybe?).

The blue transulcent one means that player is on the light side (Using light side powers), red means hes using the dark side powers.
Page: 1 of 1