Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to work a Misc_Model_Static?

Page: 1 of 1
 IG-64
09-26-2004, 5:45 AM
I'm sick of searching on forums where no one says anything about anything, so i'll just flat out ask, how do you work a misc_model_static?

I know how to script, but misc_model_statics confuse me, I click the model button on the entity but the model doesn't show up in radiant, and in game I get the error:
Error: Misc_Model_Static failed to open 'models/map_objects/FoD/Blades.md3'
What is the problem?
 EvilJedi
09-26-2004, 9:21 PM
Just make a misc_model, then select the one you want. Then change the classname from misc_model to misc_model_static. Next time you load your map, your new statics will show up as red squares THIS IS OK THEY WILL STILL SHOW UP INGAME.

And if you get that error, then that model_static cannot be found for that model, in other words, just do a normal misc_model.

If models don't show up, make sure you didn't filter out the models (press shift+M)
 IG-64
09-27-2004, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by EvilJedi
Just make a misc_model, then select the one you want. Then change the classname from misc_model to misc_model_static. Next time you load your map, your new statics will show up as red squares THIS IS OK THEY WILL STILL SHOW UP INGAME.

And if you get that error, then that model_static cannot be found for that model, in other words, just do a normal misc_model.

If models don't show up, make sure you didn't filter out the models (press shift+M)

K thx :)
 EvilJedi
10-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Only times I ever use misc_model_static s is if I get a model that is textured black (bacta tank, etc). Just make it a misc_model_static and it will show up fine.
(If you use the lightsabers, then many of them appear black, at least for me, but I think those depend on what your video setup for JA is)
 JkRaVeN
10-03-2004, 8:06 PM
Its good to use it for models like the yavin glowlight too because then you get the glow effect and with misc_model you don’t =)
 EvilJedi
10-04-2004, 6:03 PM
Hmm... I didn't know that. Thanks. Is this with pretty much every model that has some specific effect or shader on it? It sure seems that way.
 JkRaVeN
10-05-2004, 8:21 AM
I think so
Page: 1 of 1