Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CL_ParsePacketEntities error and code mods

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
09-25-2004, 3:27 PM
Has anyone ever had issues with their code mods causing CL_ParsePacketEntities errors when they try to run their mods server only?

Right now, OJP Basic runs fine when the clients log in with the client component running but otherwise the game crashs with a CL_ParsePacketEntities error after a few minutes.

This is with 100% legal copies of the game.
 Slider744
09-26-2004, 11:13 PM
i never had this problem

this is the server which crashes?
or is it only the clients?

or both?

also if in OJP the client compoent is absolutly required, you will have to put a sv_pure 1

if not, you could have mismatch between data structures waited by the server and those waited by the client

i didn't have those problem with JA+ because i made the client component behave like a plugin that is not required..
the server can run with players that don't have it or have it at the same time..

but as far as i know the client component for OJP is required..
so you will have to set sv_pure 1
 razorace
09-27-2004, 7:24 AM
It's the clients that crash.

As for a mismatch of data structures, I don't think that's possible as I haven't changed any of them. The only thing that I think I've changed is the configstrings but I don't think that messes things up.
Page: 1 of 1