Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

i don't know how to use the tow-cables

Page: 1 of 1
 NirB
09-25-2004, 2:39 PM
with the Snowspeeder i dont know how to use the tow cables! should i press on a certain button?? its neccesery on the mission that i'm trying to complete.
 superfly877
09-25-2004, 5:47 PM
You have to have a player in the 2nd postion of the Snowspeeder to fire the cable. Or you can try to switch back and forth if you are by yourself. It is possible to make a pass by the AT-AT/STs and quickly switch to the rear position, fire the cable, and return to the pilot's position. :biggs:
 Neon
10-03-2004, 2:59 AM
How do you switch your position?
 Kurgan
10-08-2004, 2:29 PM
Check your controls, but the default on the PC is to roll your mousewheel up or down to change positions.

Just keep in mind that if you don't have somebody piloting while you're towing, you're going to crash and burn!

In the secondary position, go into First Person (easier) and aim at the "feet" of the Walker, and hit the fire button at fairly close range (flying "through" the middle of the legs doesn't work, btw, I tried it and crashed). Once you fire the tow, hold the fire button down and the rest is up to your pilot. If you are too far away or if the pilot flies away from the walker, the cable breaks and you have to start over.

Basically once you get a lock, an AI pilot does a pretty good job of tying the Walker up for you.
 SkankinShine
10-08-2004, 10:39 PM
For PS2 users, default control to switch positions in a vehicle is R2.
 Pho3nix
10-11-2004, 9:47 AM
n00b.
 arachon
10-11-2004, 11:04 PM
you got to have an AI in the other seat of the :sspeeder: then change place (deafult for pc: f or mouse wheel up or down) the other player will then pilot you to the :atat: and fly close to the :atat: legs then you shall shoot primary fire on to the leg of the :atat: the AI pilot should complete the rounds to make the :atat: crash and burn. remember these two fellas :luke: :wedge:
Page: 1 of 1